2013/14 Premier League fixtures

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:26 am

Released tomorrow morning at 9am. We've been away from home on the first day in 10 of the least 15 seasons. Not that it really matters. You have to play everybody at some stage anyway.

Who do people want on the first day then? Preferably we'd be at home at 3pm on a Saturday. Can't see it myself though.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:32 am

United at home.

Get gollum's tenure off to a miserable one.

As it goes without saying, a win against that lot would be the perfect start to the season - confidence
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:34 am

first game will be Monday night, against Man City - away

followed up with Man utd, chelsea, ar$nel and spurs all within the first month.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:00 pm

Based on recent results Id like to get Norwich at Anfield. 

Be good to avoid the top teams and the promoted teams that will be well pumped up for their first PL game.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:08 pm

3 or 4 early wins builds up confidence so hopefully the fixture computer will be a bit kinder to us this season, last season was ridiculous and for a new manager starts dont come much tougher.
somehow though i dont think moyes will get the start at united that rodgers got here.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:09 pm

Yeah that would be good - i think though we will be Guarenteed a tough game in the first 3
Benny The Noon

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:01 pm

:buttrock  less than 24 hrs to go and a little reminder that the season isnt too far away  :buttrock
we had a tough start last year and didnt do as well as we would have liked so hopefully we will get a better run this year. none of the top 5 in the first 3 fixtures would be good and if we do hopefully, there not going to be back to back.
we had a pretty kind run in so a repeat of that would be sweet also.
get a good start and build a bit of confidence and who knows what can happen  :grinning:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:20 pm

Anyone at home would be nice

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:24 pm

providing Suarez stays with us I'd like Norwich to be his first game back. He'll rip them a new one... again, for the 3rd time!
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Benny The Noon » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:09 am wrote:Yeah that would be good - i think though we will be Guarenteed a tough game in the first 3

Funny what being Guaranteed a tough game has come to mean isn't it.  We don't want any of the six who finished above us to start with.  We also don't want any newly promoted teams, cuz they'll be pumped up to start their Prem season strongly.  We lost home and away to West Brom so count them out.  West Ham will have essentially the Newcastle core that beat us with Carroll and Nolan bitchslapping our CB's around.  Swansea play well against us, we've had a pretty rough time against Villa here and there so that one is hit or miss. 

So that leaves us with Norwich, Sunderland, Stoke, Southampton and, Fulham.  Take Stoke out, just because.  I'd be happy with any of the other four at home or away to start the season.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:50 pm

The Good Yank » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:18 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:09 am wrote:Yeah that would be good - i think though we will be Guarenteed a tough game in the first 3

Funny what being Guaranteed a tough game has come to mean isn't it.  We don't want any of the six who finished above us to start with.  We also don't want any newly promoted teams, cuz they'll be pumped up to start their Prem season strongly.  We lost home and away to West Brom so count them out.  West Ham will have essentially the Newcastle core that beat us with Carroll and Nolan bitchslapping our CB's around.  Swansea play well against us, we've had a pretty rough time against Villa here and there so that one is hit or miss. 

So that leaves us with Norwich, Sunderland, Stoke, Southampton and, Fulham.  Take Stoke out, just because.  I'd be happy with any of the other four at home or away to start the season.

it will be west ham away, when it comes to the first game of the season the premier league fixture compilers always like to give us either a tough game or a game with a bit of an angle to it for some reason.
last season it was the steve clarke/WBA thing, the season before that jordan henderson made his debut for us against his old sunderland team mates, the season before that hodgson got arsenal for his first game in charge, the season before that we got spurs away.
the `andy carroll playing his first game for west ham against the man who forced him out of liverpool where he was happy` angle is too good for the fixture compilers to disregard.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:18 pm

The teams I'd mind to play in our starting fixture are the 6 that finished above us and Stoke. Maybe West Ham as well. Any of the other 11 teams and I wont complain.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby dundreamin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:08 pm

Stoke h. 3-1.  Blueshite a. 2-0.  Spurs a. 1-0. Cheatski h. 2-1. Mange h. 4-0. Well a fella can dream
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:37 pm

Got a feeling Stoke will be a completely diffrent side under Hughes. We might actually get a win against them in the league instead of 0-0 and then getting beat

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:47 pm

I predict a top 4 side, away from home.  Mark my words.....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion