The f.a. premier league - Why shouldn't we be hopeful?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rafas Amigo » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:25 pm

We are only a couple of weeks away now from the start of the richest and arguably the best league in the world and surely as European champions we have to go into it with a chance of winning it.

When I look at the other teams challinging for the league and then look at our team I belive we can do it this year, yes Chelski have there millions (sorry trillions) and Manure will be there or there abouts but Arsenal have lost Viera and have yet to replace him.

We have one of the best young goalkeepers in the world and again arguably the best centre back in the world certainly the best in England in Mr Carragher. In midfield we have two players who Real Madrid both wanted to sign, Gerrard and Alonso who any team would dream to have. Up front if Cisse and Morientes click this season we could be talking about 20 league goals each.

There is also plenty of goals in Garcia who will settle in even more this season and i think will have as big an impact on the Premiership as Pires did. You can guarintee goals from Risse and Zenden who will also float ball after ball in for big Peter Crouch.

Add to all this the youth in the team like Pongolle, Le Tallec, Warnock, Potter, Mellor, Gonzallez and Sisokko and there is no reason we cant challenge.

We have the best manager in Europe and the best fans in the world. Look around at the other favorites in the Premiership the look back at our team, WE HAVE A CHANCE, the deadwood in the team has been got rid off and replaced with quality.

Come on the pool this could be our year!

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE.
JAMIE '  ILL STAY TILL THE CLUB DOSENT WANT ME  ' CARRAGHER
Rafas Amigo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Afroman » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:28 pm

Rafas Amigo wrote:We are only a couple of weeks away now from the start of the richest and arguably the best league in the world and surely as European champions we have to go into it with a chance of winning it.

When I look at the other teams challinging for the league and then look at our team I belive we can do it this year, yes Chelski have there millions (sorry trillions) and Manure will be there or there abouts but Arsenal have lost Viera and have yet to replace him.

We have one of the best young goalkeepers in the world and again arguably the best centre back in the world certainly the best in England in Mr Carragher. In midfield we have two players who Real Madrid both wanted to sign, Gerrard and Alonso who any team would dream to have. Up front if Cisse and Morientes click this season we could be talking about 20 league goals each.

There is also plenty of goals in Garcia who will settle in even more this season and i think will have as big an impact on the Premiership as Pires did. You can guarintee goals from Risse and Zenden who will also float ball after ball in for big Peter Crouch.

Add to all this the youth in the team like Pongolle, Le Tallec, Warnock, Potter, Mellor, Gonzallez and Sisokko and there is no reason we cant challenge.

We have the best manager in Europe and the best fans in the world. Look around at the other favorites in the Premiership the look back at our team, WE HAVE A CHANCE, the deadwood in the team has been got rid off and replaced with quality.

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE.

Thats what its like every year, we have a great team but we don't seem to put it together. Last year I thought we would be challenging
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red_Rob » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:45 pm

I think we do have an outside chance but realistically i think closing the gap is the aim. The thing is there are too many ifs and buts for me to be confident that we will run it really close.

Will Reina be the answer to one of our problem positions ? Will the new (hopefully) centre back do the business in the EPL ? What about full back positions ? Will the strikers perform at last ? Will Gonzalez make the impact I think we need him to make ? etc

I am not pessimistic - honest  :D  but i think progress is the key word and i can sure see that coming. Another European run like last year wouldn't go a miss either...
Red_Rob

Postby mighty mo » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:04 pm

Rafas Amigo wrote:We are only a couple of weeks away now from the start of the richest and arguably the best league in the world and surely as European champions we have to go into it with a chance of winning it.

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE.

that post has got me even more excited for this coming season :buttrock
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:10 pm

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE.

well said mate! Simply written and every word is spot on!! COME ON THE POOL!!! :bowdown
66-1120597113

Postby skipper » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:16 pm

We gotta put everything together and play consistent.  If we do, then it'll definitely be our year.  :buttrock
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:30 pm

This club has never been about a quick fix. If something's worth doing, it's worth doing well, and it's worth taking some time and pride in your work. I love the optomism that some are showing and who knows what the new season will bring. We may go on to win it, we may finish 5th again, we have to wait and see. But we are going in the right direction. Some people have been moaning about us not buying in the big names. Well I have two words for them: Leeds United. They got into the CL, spent big, and funked themselves royally. Liverpool managers don't do this. Ok, Houllier went a bit in the opposite direction, but Benitez is getting it right. Before you get the glossy finish, sand down and do what ever repairs need doing. He's dropped the deadwood, taken on some saplings and some sturdy beams and, I'm sure, soon he will get the talking tree with purple and orange leaves that can dance the fandango. Flair will come, be patient.
But, to win the EPL, you need bags of Flair. We've got enough to close the gap and get onto the big boys table, but to become king, you need that little something extra, and although I can't see it now, I'm sure i'll see it soon. But I'm gonna give it a couple of years.

VIVA LOS RAFALUTION! VIVA LOS REYS DE EUROPA! E VIVA LOS PODEROSO ROJOS!!!
Last edited by The Ace1983 on Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:32 pm

if we can maintain the consistency and win each match,we'll be able to win the league title.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby skipper » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:36 pm

siti_zaiton1982 wrote:if we can maintain the consistency and win each match,we'll be able to win the league title.

I sure hope that we'll win the league title if we win every match.  :D

But you are right of course.  Consistency is key.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:46 pm

TBH if we do well in Europe, poss win a cup and finish in the top 3, i'd be well happy. I've got every faith in Rafa, as to me, he have done wonders for this club.

Think back to the end of the 2004 season. Would you have believed any of the following statements:-

Fernando Morientes will be a Liverpool player within 6 months.
Igor Biscan will be a competent player.
Steve Finnan will be one of the best right backs in the country.
We will beat Leverkusen, Juventus, Chelsea and AC Milan in European cometition within a year.
We will get to 2 Finals.
We will win the European Cup.

Sorry, but I would have told you to funk off on every count!!

Rafa will lead this club to glory in the league - and it;s that's not next year, or the year after for that matter, i'm ok with that. The fact is, I know I will see PROGRESS year in, year out with Rafa at the helm and I know it won't be too long before we will be crowned CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND once again.

Thanks guys - killer day in work and I take one look at this thread and feel like a new man! COME ON YOU RED MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :buttrock :buttrock  :buttrock

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrTNT » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:55 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:This club has never been about a quick fix. If something's worth doing, it's worth doing well, and it's worth taking some time and pride in your work. I love the optomism that some are showing and who knows what the new season will bring. We may go on to win it, we may finish 5th again, we have to wait and see. But we are going in the right direction. Some people have been moaning about us not buying in the big names. Well I have two words for them: Leeds United. They got into the CL, spent big, and funked themselves royally. Liverpool managers don't do this. Ok, Houllier went a bit in the opposite direction, but Benitez is getting it right. Before you get the glossy finish, sand down and do what ever repairs need doing. He's dropped the deadwood, taken on some saplings and some sturdy beams and, I'm sure, soon he will get the talking tree with purple and orange leaves that can dance the fandango. Flair will come, be patient.
But, to win the EPL, you need bags of Flair. We've got enough to close the gap and get onto the big boys table, but to become king, you need that little something extra, and although I can't see it now, I'm sure i'll see it soon. But I'm gonna give it a couple of years.

Well said Ace and I totally agree with what you have said. 
:bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown
REST IN PEACE PHIL!
DrTNT

Postby Rafas Amigo » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:05 pm

WE can do it but the bar has been raised, last year Chelski lost one the year before Arsenal didnt lose. One world class centre back alongside Jamie and we in my opinion have a great chance
JAMIE '  ILL STAY TILL THE CLUB DOSENT WANT ME  ' CARRAGHER
Rafas Amigo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:52 pm

I don't think we'll win the league but we'll improve and get closer to the leaders. I also believe that we'll fight with Man Utd for third place.

Whilst Man Utd are in decline, they still have class players in their squad, but just not enough to win the league. Arsenal have lost Vieira but I don't think it's going to affect them as many think. Last season Vieira was injured for most of the season, but Arsenal stil managed to finish second. They've brought in Hleb who could prove to be a key player for them.

There's also Fabregas and Flamini who can step up when needed so Arsenal may not be as weak as many think they will.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Afroman » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:18 pm

DrTNT wrote:
The Ace1983 wrote:This club has never been about a quick fix. If something's worth doing, it's worth doing well, and it's worth taking some time and pride in your work. I love the optomism that some are showing and who knows what the new season will bring. We may go on to win it, we may finish 5th again, we have to wait and see. But we are going in the right direction. Some people have been moaning about us not buying in the big names. Well I have two words for them: Leeds United. They got into the CL, spent big, and funked themselves royally. Liverpool managers don't do this. Ok, Houllier went a bit in the opposite direction, but Benitez is getting it right. Before you get the glossy finish, sand down and do what ever repairs need doing. He's dropped the deadwood, taken on some saplings and some sturdy beams and, I'm sure, soon he will get the talking tree with purple and orange leaves that can dance the fandango. Flair will come, be patient.

Well said Ace and I totally agree with what you have said. 
:bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown

I agree with the agreement :bowdown
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:33 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:But, to win the EPL, you need bags of Flair.

I dont think Blackburn Rovers had 'bags' of 'flair' though did they!
There is more 'flair' in our team now than was in the title winning Blackburn squad!
76-1115222408

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion