THE OFFICIAL Harry Kewell thread - All discussion in here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:48 pm

puroresu wrote:I think Kewell is finished.  Got a fellow red at work who bet this other guy £20 that kewell would score 12 league goals.  How crazy is that!!

12 league goals ?

Was he pished ?

Even if he had a decent season like 2 years ago he would only get around 5, 10 in all competitions would be optimistic.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:49 pm

He's definitely not finished, but you do get the impression that his next deal is his last deal. No way he'll still be playing at 34 like Giggs.

We really miss Harry's goals from the left, and I do wonder that if he clips one in soon whether he'll go on a bit of a streak, and the team with him as a result. Since he's been back, he's impressed me a lot more than he's disappointed me.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:58 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:He's definitely not finished, but you do get the impression that his next deal is his last deal. No way he'll still be playing at 34 like Giggs.

We really miss Harry's goals from the left, and I do wonder that if he clips one in soon whether he'll go on a bit of a streak, and the team with him as a result. Since he's been back, he's impressed me a lot more than he's disappointed me.

He has done OK, nothing spectacular but like you said he hasnt exactly disappointed.
Even if he stayed fit all or most of the season though (which we know isnt likely) he will not get anywhere near that amount of goals.
The other season when he stayed fit and played most of it 05/06 season he was consistent and played well but still only scored about 5 i think.
Goals seem to have gone from his game unfortunately.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:03 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:No.

Pinning our hopes on what happened five years ago is EXACTLY the problem we have had for the last 15 before Rafa came.

Cant see him ever getting back to what he was.

Sad, as he is the player that got me most excited prior to Torres when he signed.

We need someone better if we have any hopes of winning the league, we need someone who will play every week, can beat people, stay fit and scores goals.

How many games has Kewell started and been one of those substituted? He can't last 90 mins, if we have to sub him EVERY game then it means we need a decent LM to cover and it's a waste of Babel playing him there. Might as well sell now and get someone who can play 90 and even 120 mins not 70
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:09 pm

Owzat wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:No.

Pinning our hopes on what happened five years ago is EXACTLY the problem we have had for the last 15 before Rafa came.

Cant see him ever getting back to what he was.

Sad, as he is the player that got me most excited prior to Torres when he signed.

We need someone better if we have any hopes of winning the league, we need someone who will play every week, can beat people, stay fit and scores goals.

How many games has Kewell started and been one of those substituted? He can't last 90 mins, if we have to sub him EVERY game then it means we need a decent LM to cover and it's a waste of Babel playing him there. Might as well sell now and get someone who can play 90 and even 120 mins not 70

I think Rafa has been protecting Harry and building up his match fitness. After all, the guy has been injured for the best part of 2 years! I think he played over 70 mins against City and next month i think he'll be playing the whole 90. Everytime he comes off he doesn't look knackered.

I'm sure Rafa won't rush in....but as i said before, the Gaffer rates him and unless he signs a deal elsewhere i think he'll get a 1 year contract.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:25 pm

Kewell's Liverpool appearances (2007/8)

Cardiff 20 mins
Blackburn 28 mins
Besiktas 19 mins
Newcastle 59 mins
Porto 28 mins
Bolton 68 mins
Reading 30 mins
Marseille 68 mins
Man Utd 66 mins
Portsmouth 77 mins
Man City 75 mins

Slow doesn't begin to describe it, at this rate it will be next season before he plays a full 90 mins. Rafa needs to test his durability before the window closes in order to make a decision. Or maybe we give him another contract on the basis he's been injury prone, has yet to play a full 90 mins but fingers crossed he will be up to it after he's signed a new contract.

Or perhaps we completely rule out selling him in January and see how it goes, he can go on a free then or we release him.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:34 pm

With Kewell                                      Corresponding fixture without Kewell

Cardiff 20 mins              2-1                       -
Blackburn 28 mins          0-0                       -
Besiktas 19 mins            8-0                     1-2
Newcastle 59 mins         3-0                       -
Porto 28 mins                4-1                     1-1
Bolton 68 mins              4-0                       -
Reading 30 mins            1-3                       -
Marseille 68 mins           4-0                      0-1
Man Utd 66 mins           0-1                       -
Portsmouth 77 mins       4-1                      0-0
Man City 75 mins          0-0                       -
account deleted by request

Postby Owzat » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:41 pm

s@int wrote:With Kewell                                      Corresponding fixture without Kewell

Cardiff 20 mins              2-1                       -
Blackburn 28 mins          0-0                       -
Besiktas 19 mins            8-0                     1-2
Newcastle 59 mins         3-0                       -
Porto 28 mins                4-1                     1-1
Bolton 68 mins              4-0                       -
Reading 30 mins            1-3                       -
Marseille 68 mins           4-0                      0-1
Man Utd 66 mins           0-1                       -
Portsmouth 77 mins       4-1                      0-0
Man City 75 mins          0-0                       -

I hope you are joking, how can you compare the Besiktas result and indeed Porto results when the games missed by Kewell were both AWAY?!?! To pull out four fixtures and imply that Kewell's absence was the difference is an 'interesting' slant, with one NINETEEN MINUTE CAMEO apparently being the difference between losing 2-1 and winning 8-0  :laugh:  - Kewell came on at 5-0 and as far as I recall played no direct part in the subsequent goals.

Scraping the barrel, four corresponding fixtures is hardly proof anyway. He's played quite well but not nearly the match winner you're trying to imply
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:48 pm

Are my stats wrong? No ! Just take the games that he has played over 45mins then :-

Newcastle 3-0, Bolton 4-0 , Marseille 4-0, Man u 0-0  Portsmouth 4-1, Man city 0-0 = 15 goals for, 1 against.

I am not trying to imply anything, I am SAYING that he gives us balance and a better outlet than ANY OTHER player we have on the left.

BTW against Besiktas he was involved in the move from which Babel scored his first, and also crossed for Babel to hit the bar (not his fault Babel missed)Not bad in 19 mins.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby dawson99 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:57 pm

been great for us recently. just a lil worried that his form always improves when
a: we are about to play am assive game
b: contract talks start

if we do keep him, it has to be based on appearences at least for the rest of the season. best we got by miles in that position tho
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:11 pm

Offer him a one year extension in April/May time with seriously reduced terms. If he signs for somebody else in that time then he obviously isn’t that serious about staying here.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:17 pm

Ironically this is Owzats team in the preferred line up thread, in which BTW almost everyone picked Kewell. So until or even IF we get anyone better I would still offer Kewell a new contract, with the necessary precautions included over his fitness.

Reina

Finnan  Carra   Agger  Arbeloa

Yossi  Gerrard Masch Kewell

Babel   Torres

Before Kewells return we had played 7 home games winning 2 against Derby and Toulouse.

Kewell has played in 6 home games winning 5

2005/6 season - Kewell missed the first 7 league games in which we won 1.

The first 7 league games he played in we won 6, before going on to record more points than ANY other team from that point on while also winning the FA cup.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby skatesy » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:24 pm

s@int wrote:Are my stats wrong? No ! Just take the games that he has played over 45mins then :-

Newcastle 3-0, Bolton 4-0 , Marseille 4-0, Man u 0-0  Portsmouth 4-1, Man city 0-0 = 15 goals for, 1 against.

I am not trying to imply anything, I am SAYING that he gives us balance and a better outlet than ANY OTHER player we have on the left.

BTW against Besiktas he was involved in the move from which Babel scored his first, and also crossed for Babel to hit the bar (not his fault Babel missed)Not bad in 19 mins.

I am siding with Saint on this.

Kewell is the #1 choice for the left side. In fact, I do not think that anyone can even step to Kewell when it comes to the LM position.
skatesy

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:28 pm

Owzat wrote:Kewell's Liverpool appearances (2007/8)

Cardiff 20 mins
Blackburn 28 mins
Besiktas 19 mins
Newcastle 59 mins
Porto 28 mins
Bolton 68 mins
Reading 30 mins
Marseille 68 mins
Man Utd 66 mins
Portsmouth 77 mins
Man City 75 mins

Slow doesn't begin to describe it, at this rate it will be next season before he plays a full 90 mins. Rafa needs to test his durability before the window closes in order to make a decision. Or maybe we give him another contract on the basis he's been injury prone, has yet to play a full 90 mins but fingers crossed he will be up to it after he's signed a new contract.

Or perhaps we completely rule out selling him in January and see how it goes, he can go on a free then or we release him.

If Harry gets another serious injury then his career is as good as over. Hence why Rafa has been brining him back slowly over 6 weeks.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:23 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:
KRobbo10 wrote:IMO other than a defender we still need a skillful winger someone in the calibre of Ronaldo, SWP.

*bangs head on table*

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion