THE OFFICIAL Harry Kewell thread - All discussion in here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:18 am

LFC2007 wrote:
peewee wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:I wouldn't discuss anything until the summer, keep him on his toes.

Should he manage to stay fit, I think he'd be a valuable asset, and he'd at the very least be an excellent second option should we go out and sign a top-cass conventional left winger next summer.

In summary, no discussions until the summer, the time to perform is NOW.

the problem with this is that kewell can sign a contract tomorrow with another club and leave on a bosman at the end of the season

If he has the desire to stay, he'll stick it out and fight until the summer. I think now is the time for Kewell to get his head down, work hard, and earn a new contract.

The risk of him leaving on a bosman is one I'd accept right now, he's 29, highly injury prone, and in all probability on a hefty wage.

Couldnt agree more wait until the summer for discussions with him if he wants to remain in a red shirt and fight for his place hell stay Dont get me wrong here i like Kewell when fit and he can bring alot to the team .  But and the big but is when fit and performing
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:23 am

FFS a half fit Kewell is still miles better than a fully fit HARDWORKING Kuyt

Please Saint no Kuyt bashing, he is a world class player and the best forward we've had since Rush, if he has an off game, just grin and bare it.
66-1112520797

Postby mungi » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:24 am

i think he knows he needs to pay back the faith shown by rafa and the supporters so i think he will sign with liverpool, on a reduced contract. at his age moving else where would be a step down as i dont think any big club will go after him. still a valuable player for what he brings to the team
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:27 am

Bamaga man wrote:

Please Saint no Kuyt bashing, he is a world class player and the best forward we've had since Rush, if he has an off game, just grin and bare it.

The only reason Kuyt's not scoring 25 goals a season is because hes playing under orders from Rafa. (If thats the case maybe we should sack Rafa  :D  )
account deleted by request

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:29 am

s@int wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

The only reason Kuyt's not scoring 25 goals a season is because hes playing under orders from Rafa. (If thats the case maybe we should sack Rafa  :D  )

its because alonso isnt playing, we all know the best passer the premier league has ever seen would be setting them up on a plate for kuyt
112-1077774096

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:39 am

Maybe Saint and Peewee have a point, f.uck it sack em ALL ! :D
66-1112520797

Postby holylamb2006 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:41 am

its because alonso isnt playing, we all know the best passer the premier league has ever seen would be setting them up on a plate for kuyt

Even then he'll miss them .... :D
holylamb2006

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:41 am

peewee wrote:
s@int wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

You just nailed it in one Peewee
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:49 am

NANNY RED wrote:
peewee wrote:
s@int wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

You just nailed it in one Peewee

Funnily enough Kuyt hasn't scored in a game when Alonso has played this season. Then again he hasn't scored many when Alonso hasn't played either  :D
account deleted by request

Postby stmichael » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:51 am

mungi wrote:at his age moving else where would be a step down

when anybody leaves liverpool, irrespective of their age, it's a step down mate.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The_Rock » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:26 am

peewee wrote:
s@int wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

you forgot voronin mate......voronin and kuyt are an awesome strike-force to play when the opposition park a bus (ie...similar to pompey and birmingham)...

Why did rafa pick torre  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KRobbo10 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:30 am

My opinion is that Harry Kewell is nothing better than a squad player, I think Babel will play more next season when he has settled.

IMO other than a defender we still need a skillful winger someone in the calibre of Ronaldo, SWP.
KRobbo10

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:10 pm

KRobbo10 wrote:IMO other than a defender we still need a skillful winger someone in the calibre of Ronaldo, SWP.

*bangs head on table*
ivor_the_injun

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:19 pm

KRobbo10 wrote:My opinion is that Harry Kewell is nothing better than a squad player, I think Babel will play more next season when he has settled.

IMO other than a defender we still need a skillful winger someone in the calibre of Ronaldo, SWP.

Babel isn't a winger
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:22 pm

I think Kewell is finished.  Got a fellow red at work who bet this other guy £20 that kewell would score 12 league goals.  How crazy is that!!
puroresu

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion