The media - They hate us

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby supersub » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:52 am

Why do the media hate us so much.Pick up any paper and there seems to be some hack spewing garbage about "the demise of Liverpool".
     When we knocked Chelsea out in the semi's last season,we obviously put a knife in the hearts of all the crappy little sportswriters,because they fu.ckin hate us with a vengeance.It's more prevelant in the Sunday paper reports,than the weekly's but even in the mirror they like to refer to Rafa's mob.
      Many,many years ago it came to light that a group of journalists reporting on the same game would toss a coin to see which of them had to attend the game ,whilst the rest stayed in the hotel bar and got well and truly hammered.The "unlucky" scribe would then give the report of the game to the rest of the bretheren and they would all have the same/similar report in their respective sunday papers.Unfortunately for them,one  particular match the selected reporter gave them a fabricated match report so far from the truth that when the papers appeared the next day,their scam was in the open.
       I relate this story because of the pathetic Sunday Mirror marks that were given for the game against West Ham.Now I'm not saying Morientes was a world-beater on Saturday but his performance most definitely was not deserving of a 3 and he was not the worst performer on the pitch out of all 22 players.Similarly the best game that Garcia has produced all season didn't warrant the lowly mark of 4.
      We are referred to as "premiership chumps" rather than "European Champs" and yet we have lost 2 games.Mighty Arsenal,however,have had a stuttering start hindered by the absence of Henry,and have lost 3 times but the press love them.Man utd lost 2 but they have Rooney andthe press love him.Newcastle ,the new darlings of the press, because of Michael,have lost 4.We win our game in hand on them and we are within a point of Arsenal,2 behind the mancs and newcastle are trailing.
      Even the self proclaimed Liverpool supporter Derek McGovern, who does the betting in the Mirror on a Saturday, seems to delight in writing trash about LFC.If you ever follow his tips you would be penniless by now but he always seems to tip us to get beat home & away in the premiership or in Europe.
       To finish ...the only true reflection of our games comes from the writing of Chris Bascombe in the Echo.I ask any Liverpool supporters if they want an accurate assessment of the way we played and the performances of each player then either get the Echo or perhaps read it on the net.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby hawkmoon269 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:55 am

supersub wrote:Why do the media hate us so much.Pick up any paper and there seems to be some hack spewing garbage about "the demise of Liverpool".
     When we knocked Chelsea out in the semi's last season,we obviously put a knife in the hearts of all the crappy little sportswriters,because they fu.ckin hate us with a vengeance.It's more prevelant in the Sunday paper reports,than the weekly's but even in the mirror they like to refer to Rafa's mob.
      Many,many years ago it came to light that a group of journalists reporting on the same game would toss a coin to see which of them had to attend the game ,whilst the rest stayed in the hotel bar and got well and truly hammered.The "unlucky" scribe would then give the report of the game to the rest of the bretheren and they would all have the same/similar report in their respective sunday papers.Unfortunately for them,one  particular match the selected reporter gave them a fabricated match report so far from the truth that when the papers appeared the next day,their scam was in the open.
       I relate this story because of the pathetic Sunday Mirror marks that were given for the game against West Ham.Now I'm not saying Morientes was a world-beater on Saturday but his performance most definitely was not deserving of a 3 and he was not the worst performer on the pitch out of all 22 players.Similarly the best game that Garcia has produced all season didn't warrant the lowly mark of 4.
      We are referred to as "premiership chumps" rather than "European Champs" and yet we have lost 2 games.Mighty Arsenal,however,have had a stuttering start hindered by the absence of Henry,and have lost 3 times but the press love them.Man utd lost 2 but they have Rooney andthe press love him.Newcastle ,the new darlings of the press, because of Michael,have lost 4.We win our game in hand on them and we are within a point of Arsenal,2 behind the mancs and newcastle are trailing.
      Even the self proclaimed Liverpool supporter Derek McGovern, who does the betting in the Mirror on a Saturday, seems to delight in writing trash about LFC.If you ever follow his tips you would be penniless by now but he always seems to tip us to get beat home & away in the premiership or in Europe.
       To finish ...the only true reflection of our games comes from the writing of Chris Bascombe in the Echo.I ask any Liverpool supporters if they want an accurate assessment of the way we played and the performances of each player then either get the Echo or perhaps read it on the net.

Geography - Wapping/Fleet Street/Canary Wharf all in London!!!! Need I say anymore?
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:14 am

totally agree there....i couldnt believe what i read in the papers over the weekend
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owen 10 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:15 am

The press jump on anyone not doing so well, they hate the teams that keep their noses clean, stay out of trouble and are winning, it just doesn't sell.

It was us a few months ago, now its You & Manu, their just waiting on Chelsea to :censored: up so they can jump on them like a pack of vultures.

Watch out for tomorrows papers where Keane has exploded on Manure TV stating half the team as :censored: ups (individually named) and there not worthy to play for the club!
Owen 10

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:58 am

Sh*tski's Fatty Lampard and John Terry could take a sub-machine gun on to the pitch and massacre everyone in the stadium, chop the oppositions heads off with an axe and p*ss in their skulls, and the papers would still give them a 9 out of 10, say their accuracy was fantastic, and insist "If Sven doesn't pick either of these players for the WC 2006, he's an idiot...blah blah blah"

It's true what has been said on this forum in the past - London clubs are the media darlings because of the geography.

They are all full of b*llocks.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:11 am

Feck em, like you said they hate us with a vengence but the more we continue to prove them wrong the sweeter it will be.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby akumaface » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:39 am

The thing is it's not just only happening in UK but I got the same feeling about our the media in Hong Kong as well. No matter who we play, they always write LFC as a question mark and always suggest LFC will go down etc. But when ever Manure, Chelski or Arsenal were playing badly, they were never slated. I think one of the reason why this is happening is because we are a team that is very difficult to bet on. I'm sure alot of people lost money and that's why so many people hated us.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:04 am

Owen 10 wrote:Watch out for tomorrows papers where Keane has exploded on Manure TV stating half the team as :censored: ups (individually named) and there not worthy to play for the club!

who did he slate ?  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:06 am

akumaface wrote:The thing is it's not just only happening in UK but I got the same feeling about our the media in Hong Kong as well. No matter who we play, they always write LFC as a question mark and always suggest LFC will go down etc. But when ever Manure, Chelski or Arsenal were playing badly, they were never slated. I think one of the reason why this is happening is because we are a team that is very difficult to bet on. I'm sure alot of people lost money and that's why so many people hated us.

why give a sh1t what the papers think........to quote booker T.....we are "5 times.....5 times......5 times.........european champs"  :buttrock
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:23 am

It's true we do get a lot of undeserved abuse!
This has been noticable this year more so than most.It can be put down to jealousy of us winning the C/L agin for the 5th time last season! I think this raised the expectations of LFC for this season in a lot of journalists eyes,so they are a lot quicker to shoot us down than ever before!!
It also seems that that 95% of these writers dont support LFC!
Theres no point taking the media too seriously although it can be hurtful reading at times!! The media especially the tabloids are the most schizophrenic carrier of news around,always have been,always will be!!The proof is in the pudding..if we beat Villa 4 or 5 next week(extreemly likely after their sh.ite performance at City last night) the same writer will be raving about us and saying how wonderful we are!!
Take the :censored: with a shovel full of salt!How some of these people get a job writting about the beautiful game is beyond me.
66-1120597113

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:17 am

supersub wrote:Why do the media hate us so much.Pick up any paper and there seems to be some hack spewing garbage about "the demise of Liverpool".

Too true, and its been happening for years.

I really do not bother reading the papers anymore, I just look at the scores and the pics.

Mcgovern get a raw deal there though.

Me and our kid are well up on his Macca's Acca.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:50 am

Im sorry but we have got to stop feeling sorry  $ our selves , we are not the only club who is hard done by  in the prees . So lets just get on with it.

Livapudlians are known 4 there good wit and humour, so why rise to the bait thaty the press offer.......
66-1112520797

Postby red or dead » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:33 pm

i am sure they dont even watch the game i could not go on sat and listend to john aldridge on radio city who said that garcia had one of his best games, and aldo does not normally lie so the mirror can kiss my fat ars@  :angry:
red or dead

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:40 pm

Yea, fcukin hate the papers when it comes to writing about Liverpool. i think the Mail is good though even though it does have the columnist who wrote that thing in the spectator bout scousers  :angry:

Wouldn't wipe me a.rse on the mirror and not to mention another certain paper *cough* *cough*
Last edited by wrighty (not mark!) on Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:43 pm

wrighty (not mark!) wrote:Yea, fcukin hate the papers when it comes to writing about Liverpool. i think the Mail is good though even though it does have the columnist who wrote that thing in the spectator bout scousers  :angry:

Wouldn't wipe me a.rse on the mirror and not to mention another certain paper *cough* *cough*

I stopped buying newspapers about a year ago.  I find you get a more balanced view if you read the stories online from several sources.

That, and you don't have to pay!!  :D
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion