The media - They hate us

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red37 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:48 am

L-type wrote:has anyone noticed how Chelsea has in their last 4 games have lost 2, drawn 1 and won 1.  And to even think Liverpool were in a crisis!!

i was beginning to think the same thing l-type. and ive a funny feeling sunday afternoon wont be much of an improvement in fortune either...."and i hate saying that"    :laugh:  :laugh:

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:07 am

Right. I'll rate the players in decending order as I see it:
Garcia - 8. Continued his form from Saturday (after about 20 mins of rubbish!). Worked his a*s off and won back a lot of possession. Scored at a good time too.
Hyypia - 7. Mopped up and didn't mis place a pass all game - thats almost worth MOTM on it's own from him!!!
Alonso - 7. Passing was excellent, if simple at times. Lost possession with 1 pass, but overall workrate and defending was very good.
Morientes - 7. Worked hard until his injury, and took his goal really well. Was the font of the attacks.
Reina - 7. Didn't have much to do, but dummied their attacker which is worth a 7!
JC - 6. Had naff all to do except one sliding block. Was skinned by their No. 17.
Gerrard - 6. Good link-play with Finnan, industrious, but not a top performance.
Riise - 6. OK. Nothing spectacular. A couple of dodgy moments.
Finnan - 5. Was f*cked all over by their No.9 in the 2nd half when he got away from him. Looked quite shaky at times.
Sissoko - 4. Did sh*g all after his yellow card. A few neat passes, but no bite.
Crouch - 2. Utter sh*t. Garbage. W*nk. Had the deft touch of a pre-menstrual Donkey. Aerial threat of a tea bag. He really needs to sort himself out.

SUBS

Zenden - 6. Busy and willing. Decent threat on left.

Cisse - 7. Didn't do much but score, but was a lot less moody than usual.

Kewell - 6. Gave the ball away a couple of times, but set Cisse up. As good as could be expected coming back from injury. Seems unfit.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:39 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Crouch - 2. Utter sh*t. Garbage. W*nk. Had the deft touch of a pre-menstrual Donkey. Aerial threat of a tea bag. He really needs to sort himself out.

Friggin hell Lando I didn't know you worked for The Spectator. I recognise your fluid writing style, the considered and balanced argument and the purposeful contruction of your debate.
Send us your autograph.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:59 pm

Has anyone else noticed in last weeks Mirror and in the Sunday Mirror as well, the part saying Rafa's bad buys....Pellegrino 3 million

Now i agree that he didnt fit in, and was well past his best, but wasn't he a free transfer ??
I also seen the Morientes and Garcia marks 3 & 4 and that was a joke. The Sunday Mirror criticised the performance when it was a massive improvement on the previous fortnight.
I believe that they dont watch the match and just write what everyone else has been saying previously.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:26 pm

Lets be honest here, we could all probably shi.t better reviews than the tabloids so isay boycott the sods and read the quality impartial :;): views right here on this forum.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:28 pm

Has anyone else noticed in last weeks Mirror and in the Sunday Mirror as well, the part saying Rafa's bad buys....Pellegrino 3 million

Pellegrino was a free transfer, just shows how reliable Mirror and the Sunday Mirror are. :laugh:
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Effes » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:38 am

Was at a dinner at Anfield Friday - Aldo said a MaCarthy for the Daily Mirror was punching the air at half time in Istanbul.
Enough said.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:25 am

One of my mates reads the S(hit)'un (He's not a footy fan), and there was absolutely no match review for our game. Arsenal, Man U and Sh*tski all had write ups (Wedand Thurs), but we didn't.
B*stards. :angry:

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby primodua » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:18 pm

a big f.ck off to all of ya non believers!!

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:24 pm

primodua take it easy mate.
Some of us are expecting our team to be DOMINANT (not only in CL, but also in EPL).
We're European Champions FFS. People tend to vent their frustration here, and I'm one of them.
Let's hope that the falstart we've had is behind us now.
GO L'POOL !!
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red squirrel » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:30 am

Ever noticed on Match of the day, our games are nearly allways last and are only on for about 2 minutes. I sit there waiting for the game only to watch the likes of Man U and Chelsea get the full highlights...Bloody annoying... Still the Mancs are gettin beat so theres some consolation at least!!!!
Red squirrel

Postby neil » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:05 am

Red squirrel wrote:Ever noticed on Match of the day, our games are nearly allways last and are only on for about 2 minutes. I sit there waiting for the game only to watch the likes of Man U and Chelsea get the full highlights...Bloody annoying... Still the Mancs are gettin beat so theres some consolation at least!!!!

yeah your right about that, every feckin week. Then Jocky Hansen tells the world why we are s.*i*e and yet has a chinwag about everyone else's good points.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:14 am

Red squirrel wrote:Ever noticed on Match of the day, our games are nearly allways last and are only on for about 2 minutes. I sit there waiting for the game only to watch the likes of Man U and Chelsea get the full highlights...Bloody annoying... Still the Mancs are gettin beat so theres some consolation at least!!!!

One of the reasons for that is to do with viewing figures.

Viewing figures are calculated using people that view the same programme for a certain period of time, ie; if you watch for two mins it will not count to the figures.

Then, you add the fact there are so many Liverpool supporters throughout the British Isles, that will stay tuned at least until they see their team play. Thus, if you leave it later, they stay longer and hey presto, the Viewer Figures are nice and big, giving more reason for the producers/directors to say that it is needed on the channel to the bigwigs that deal with the scheduling (which really means the want to keep their job!).

See studying Media/Publishing at Uni, has helped a bit at least!!! 

:D
76-1115222408

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:15 am

PS - I have no explanation for the LENGTH of the highlights though!!!  Sorry!
76-1115222408

Postby neil » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:29 am

i kinda thought that myself once and as a result conducted a little experiment. It basically comprised of me watchin MOTD (when we played on a sunday)and noted whether or not the other well supported teams game was transmitted earlier. After a diligent few weeks, hey presto, I was able to sbmit the following results; man u fans don't have to wait till the end of match of the day to watch their highlights, then listen to jocky hansen babble ' I'm not biased, see' s.*i*e about them
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion