Players and the media!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 108-1163930576 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:26 pm

:p
108-1163930576

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:14 am

Skysports
Xabi Alonso believes the doom and gloom engulfing Liverpool has already all but scuppered their hopes of competing for the Premiership title.

Another below par performance from The Reds in a goalless draw at Middlesbrough on Saturday evening means the team trail leaders Manchester United by 16 points after just 13 matches.

A run of just two points from 21 available away from home has left their title hopes hanging by a thread.

Alonso admits he would be able to see a light at the end of the tunnel, were it not for the negativity pervading the Anfield dressing room.

"The fight for the title is getting more and more difficult for us," said Alonso.

"Not just because of the points difference but because of the atmosphere I see at the club.

"I see pessimism and in that respect it is going to be very hard to come back.

"We can't put three straight wins together and are unable to transmit the spirit of Europe to league games.

"I don't know if it is something psychological but we are very annoyed."
                      -----------------------------
Insight into the Anfield dressing room or more media cr@p? At least the quotes seem to fit the story this time.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion