The media - They hate us

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby neilE » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:32 am

good point LA - and sums up this whole topic fo rme - the papers, and TV are in it for the money. Liverpool doing OK? so what as far as they're concerned. Liverpool in trouble, that might sell. Better yet financial problems, dressing room unrest, or even drug taking betting scandals or whatever. If it's any consolation, I don't think any true fan of any club will be happy with national media coverage - because good quality sport doesn't sell as well as a scandal. The cheap fkwit tabloid hacks know this well, and are happy to make stuff up if it fits the "will it sell" criteria. This forum is a much better way of judging our teams performance, than any newspaper article, so the answer's obvious - don't buy their sh1t papers, and get your news from here :;):
neilE

Postby Dalglish » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:49 am

Forced myself to watch "Man U's 100 greatest ever goals" on SKY 1 last night and before you all go off on one it was quite a selection. I didn't mind watching the Goals neither did I mind listening as players commented on their achievements but what really got my goat was the assorted selection of "contributors" who gushed over the goals and Manchester United in general   ???

That toss-pot from Cold Feet of the past and more recently the Yellow Pages adverts stuck the boot in whilst commenting on United's 4-1 European Cup Final; win only to add after verbally climaxing over their achieveent that "At least they didn't win on penalties" hmmmmm I wonder who he was referring to ??? He neglected to inform the listeners of the team he qwas on about or the fact that this team have won it 3 times in normal time and twice on penalties:p

What I'm trying to say it it's not so much the glaring ommissions and baseless conclusions but the little digs and sideswipes that get me in the media in general whether it be the press of the TV. Why don;t thye just tell us the truth and admit it's plain jealousy  :D

Someone has already mentioned that we have lost less games then both Man Spew or Aresnal this season but it's almost become second nature to have a dig at Liverpool Football Club after the press went totally over the top in the other direction post May 25th 2005.

I think for me it's balance that i expect from the press and TV. I don't actually want to see everyone gushing over my team but neither will I sit there and listen to them writing and speaking total bollox:p
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:01 am

Dalglish wrote:I think for me it's balance that i expect from the press and TV.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Haha, thats so funny Ian, and I thought you were one of the brighter ones on here. All I will say is, keep on 'expecting', because you're in for a long wait!!!

:D
76-1115222408

Postby Dalglish » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:06 am

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:Haha, thats so funny Ian, and I thought you were one of the brighter ones on here. All I will say is, keep on 'expecting', because you're in for a long wait!!!

:D

"Some say I'm A dreamer but I'm not the only one"   :D

Ok fair does, maybe it is expecting too much but have you read the Telegraph or the Guardian ? Their both decent and fair in their reporting on games  :oops:

I just wish that those who can't stand us are honest about it instead of hiding behind veiled comments  :eyebrow
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:11 am

Dalglish wrote:Ok fair does, maybe it is expecting too much but have you read the Telegraph or the Guardian ? Their both decent and fair in their reporting on games  :oops:

Yea, they are fair on the whole, and a lot better for the read itself, but I do like the Independent, they seem almost centered in their Football coverage. As are most Broadsheets, except 'The Times' (IMVHO).
76-1115222408

Postby andy_g » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:53 am

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:
Dalglish wrote:Ok fair does, maybe it is expecting too much but have you read the Telegraph or the Guardian ? Their both decent and fair in their reporting on games  :oops:

Yea, they are fair on the whole, and a lot better for the read itself, but I do like the Independent, they seem almost centered in their Football coverage. As are most Broadsheets, except 'The Times' (IMVHO).

the guardian is the only paper i read for the football. they have a wide selection of decent (male and female) journalists so a bad review or a dig will sooner or later be balanced out by a good review or some praise another time. whatever the flavour of opinion it is usually fairly intelligent.

they also have a number of journos and sections whose main aim is to have a dig and take the p!ss out of everybody and not take football so damned seriously all the time (think baddiel and skinner, but actually funny). you should check out the minute-by-minute reports of some our champions league games - hilarious stuff.

as regards the rest of the media - i really don't give a flying fuck

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red squirrel » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:08 pm

The Liverpool Echo is the only tabliod i'll ever read. Written by true supporters and not just fair but accurate too.
I remember after we won it 5 times all the gutter press all decided to jump on the band wagon and gloated about "The best CL Final ever". Was'nt it the same :censored: who never gave us a chance in the first place. Be it The Scum,The Mirror or the Star the're all wrote by the same stupid lame people who like nothing more than to see true supporters suffer by writing this :censored:.
DONT BUY IT!!!!
Red squirrel

Postby neil » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:53 pm

its the independant for me. I'd rather not wax lyrical about it though, just go read it.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:13 pm

Well said!
76-1115222408

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion