Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 72-1136150807 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:55 pm

RAFABENITEZ wrote:Spurs
--------------------Reina--------------------
-Kromkamp---Carra----------Sami-----Traore-
-Garcia------Sissoko-----Alonso-----Kewell---
------------Cisse-------Crouch--------------

???
No Steven Gerrard against Tottenham, but at the same time, your willing to play Traore and the unknown Kromkamp in such a game?

I think Kronkamp should play against Luton if anything, (depending if he is registered and eligible of course!) and see how he gets on, sticking him in, in such a big game is a bit risky IMO, and Finnan is playing exceptionally at the moment, providing decent width (though by all accounts, this Kronkamp is very decent going forward), down the right.
72-1136150807

Postby drummerphil » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:58 pm

Hoodfella wrote:
RAFABENITEZ wrote:Spurs
--------------------Reina--------------------
-Kromkamp---Carra----------Sami-----Traore-
-Garcia------Sissoko-----Alonso-----Kewell---
------------Cisse-------Crouch--------------

???
No Steven Gerrard against Tottenham, but at the same time, your willing to play Traore and the unknown Kromkamp in such a game?

I think Kronkamp should play against Luton if anything, (depending if he is registered and eligible of course!) and see how he gets on, sticking him in, in such a big game is a bit risky IMO, and Finnan is playing exceptionally at the moment, providing decent width (though by all accounts, this Kronkamp is very decent going forward), down the right.

i agree......that team selection looks a bit dodgy if you ask me especially against a team doing so well and full of confidence like Spurs.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:00 pm

With respect Kazza, there are no easy games in this league. we should not fear anyone. Bring'em on I say, we should ave dissed fat Sam's boys today, fear no-one
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:09 am

Zara is right, this year especially, there have been and will not be any easy games. Nothing can be taken for granted.

We should field the best 11 against Tottenham, theres enough time to get some rest from now till we play them.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:56 am

For me, play the best 11 you have at hand in every game and only drop/rest/sub them when they start flagging.

It doesn't matter if it's against Chelsea or West Brom - it's still only 3 points for a win. Get points in the bag against as many teams as you can as early as you can, and if fatigue hits later in the season that's when your squad depth comes into play.

Thankfully, there is healthy competition for places, so interchanging - say - Hamann and Sissoko, Cisse and Morientes, Traore and Warnock etc is possible without necessarily sacrificing quality.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Dalglish » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:49 am

If any fan had looked at the last 6 games or so I'm pretty sure only the eternal optimist would have predicted 5 wins out of 6 and drawing the other.

Equating the fixtures with the results from last season doesn;t stack up IMO as LFC are without doubt a much stronger team.

All the home games are winnable with Spurs and Brum looking the easier of the three but Arsenal's away form is woeful this season and might not be as stern a test as many believe. Man u and Chelsea away are obviously the toughest but a draw over those 2 games should keep us in the fray.

Whatever happens we are undoubteadly a much better side than this time last season :)
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:45 am

zarababe wrote:With respect Kazza, there are no easy games in this league. we should not fear anyone. Bring'em on I say, we should ave dissed fat Sam's boys today, fear no-one

No doubt Zara, Last year we beat Arsenal and lost to Birmingham so I agree.

My point was more about that we have a run now where we play the "better" teams and momentum that has been generated in the last ten matches should hopfully give us the energy and belief to march on. Yesterday's match against Bolton we could easily have lost, it was the ten game winning streak that helped us (ie the team has forgotten how to lose) and it was just bad luck that we did not win.

I still feel we will beat Chelsea.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion