SUSO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:54 am

Hes not a winger. I see him as a Hazardesque type player. Hopefully in a couple of years he will build himself up a touch and become a real threat in our side. Does need to purchase himself some shooting boots though

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:17 pm

He needs to eat a few more pies.....the lad is so skinny, i reckon he has to run around in the shower to get wet....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:36 am

SouthCoastShankly » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:49 pm wrote:No criticism from me, he is young and still learning. Even with his off performances I rate him, he is a talent and breath of fresh air from other young players that have graduated from the youth system in previous seasons.

what he said :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:38 am

Liverpool star Suso fined for 'gay' tweet
The silly season is definately upon us 

Liverpool forward Suso has been fined £10,000 ($A15,000) after labelling teammate Jose Enrique "gay" on Twitter.

Suso sparked protests last month when he posted a photo on the micro-blogging website of Reds defender Enrique having his teeth whitened and added a tweet that read: "What f k is he doing? This guy is gay...he does everything except play football."

He later deleted the tweet and uploaded the photo with a different comment, saying: "I dunno what to say..."

But the Football Association, which earlier this year fined Ashley Cole £90,000 after the Chelsea and England star wrote a critical tweet about the governing body relating to the John Terry-Anton Ferdinand racism hearing, took exception to Suso's orginal comment and warned the 19-year-old about his future conduct.

The FA said in a statement: "Following an independent regulatory commission hearing yesterday (Monday, December 17 2012), Liverpool's Jesus Fernandez Saez (Suso) has been fined £10,000 and warned as to his future conduct for a comment posted on Twitter."

However, Enrique took to Twitter a few hours after the punishment was announced and criticised the FA for fining Suso over what was intended to be a good-natured exchange between friends.

"Is amazing how FA can fine my friend Suso Fernandez for a banter thing. Was just a joke!!!," the Spaniard wrote.

Suso had made a promising start to his Liverpool career after moving to Anfield from Cadiz in the close-season.

The Spain Under-21 international has made 13 appearances for Brendan Rodgers' side, including six starts in the Premier League.

Cole was punished after blasting the FA for casting doubt on his evidence at an FA hearing into claims that teammate Terry, whom Cole supported, racially abused Ferdinand - Terry was handed a four-match ban and fined £220,000.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:29 pm

Suso Solid in Spain's 4-1 Win Over the US

The Spain U20s picked up where their more advanced squads left off, breezing past the US on the strength of two goals apiece from Gerard Deulofeu and Jese and a solid performance from Suso. Neither side were particularly efficient in the first half, and the US had actually edged possession at the break, but Spain were able to take advantage of some shaky play in the US defense and build a 4-0 lead before Luis Gil's lovely left-footed curler clawed one back.

Suso was very good throughout, providing excellent service, creating a few dangerous chances of his own, and dictating play through the midfield and into the final third. Without having seen any of the matches earlier in the day, it's hard to say how the other squads will stack up, but this Spain side appears to have earned the hype as potential tournament champions, and Suso's looking to be right at the heart of their success. Next up is a date with Ghana, who fell to France 3-1 earlier in the day.

I think Suso has a massive future ahead of him ,the lads ability is at times off the chart ,maybe next season he will really come to the fore ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:52 pm

I think he may go on loan - with signings like Aspas , Atsu and Alberto - when will Suso get time on the pitch ?
Benny The Noon

Postby The Good Yank » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:57 pm

Benny The Noon » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:52 pm wrote:I think he may go on loan - with signings like Aspas , Atsu and Alberto - when will Suso get time on the pitch ?

This is actually one of my biggest worries.  Well my worries regarding LFC anyway. 

I don't think there can be any complaints about lack of spending from the club.  It just seems at the time that we are kind of throwing money around for the sake of it.  Obviously our squad numbers are going up with the players we have signed / are rumored to be near signing.  We spent a decent amount in January for Sturridge and Coutinho , and lets be honest, they exceeded many of our fans' expectations.

That sort of thing, unfortunately is not the norm when it comes to buying young talent.  Of course I hope all of the young/ unproven talent that we seem to be signing right now have similar effects on the pitch.  However, can it really be expected?  We seem to be flooding the team with young attacking midfield types right now.  That is fine, I'm all for it, if they are needed and also get the chance to play some football.

We all seem to be waiting for a splash of cash on a central defender.  Maybe there won't be one because with the signing of Toure as cover along the whole of the back line we have a player like Martin Kelly waiting in the wings for an opportunity to show what many think he can become.

Anyway, I just hope that the new signings are better than the options already at the club.  No point spending the money we are bringing in talent of the same level of what is already par for the club.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:22 pm

Pulling the strings for Spain U20 at the moment - playing in a midfield role and dropping deep to pick up the ball
Benny The Noon

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:45 am

Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:22 pm wrote:Pulling the strings for Spain U20 at the moment - playing in a midfield role and dropping deep to pick up the ball

Xavi mark 2! The kid is great and would fit perfectly into our playing style.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:56 am

Doesn't make any sense to buy him then send him out on loan 12 months later, he hasn't developed any loyalty and likely won't want to come back - understandably. If for whatever reason he doesn't fit, better to sell and make a profit.

That said we've got so many Spaniards now (more than when Rafa was boss?) we may as well move over there and play in their league anyway.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:30 am

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:32 am

Reg » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:56 am wrote:Doesn't make any sense to buy him then send him out on loan 12 months later, he hasn't developed any loyalty and likely won't want to come back - understandably. If for whatever reason he doesn't fit, better to sell and make a profit.

That said we've got so many Spaniards now (more than when Rafa was boss?) we may as well move over there and play in their league anyway.

Bought Suso about 3 years ago now I think
Benny The Noon

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:57 pm

Liverpool's Suso is continuing to win admirers in his homeland.

Spain's under-20 side have so far lived up to their billing at the World Cup, winning all three group games.

They saw off a highly rated France side featuring Paul Pogba and Geoffrey Kondogbia on Thursday, winning 2-1 to top their group.

Their side reads like a who's who of Europe's most wanted young players, with Gerard Deulofeu, Jese Rodriguez and Oliver Torres the star attractions.

Spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo has gone one further, publishing an article highlighting the team's top five 'jewels' who can lead them to glory at the tournament.

Along with the aforementioned trio, and goalkeeper Dani Sotres, completing the quintet is Liverpool midfielder Suso.

Suso is a key part of the side, pulling the strings in midfield alongside Oliver Torres, and last year helped the same group of players triumph at the European under-19 Championships.

Suso is described in the article as one of the most 'outstanding' players in the Spain midfield, and his contribution has clearly not gone unnoticed.

He played as a starter in the first two games of the tournament and was then rested against France with Spain already qualified, but came on at half-time to give the Spaniards a second half lift by providing the assist for what proved to be their winner.

His recognition in the Spanish press has two effects; it one raises his profile in his homeland, and it two raises the profile of Liverpool's academy, that they have been able to harness his talent since bringing him over to England in 2010.

With his future involvement next season still undecided by Brendan Rodgers, it could just be that as a result of the tournament there are offers from Spain to take him on loan for the 2013/14 for the club to consider.

He's always been an exceptionally talented  little player ,this is just a case of the cream rising to the top.

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/06/27/liverpools-suso-picked-out-by-spanish-press-as-one-of-top-five-j/?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:06 pm

i think he`ll take over from gerrard in the midfield in a couple of years time, sitting next to the DM but with a license to spread the ball around and join in attacks.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:11 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:06 pm wrote:i think he`ll take over from gerrard in the midfield in a couple of years time, sitting next to the DM but with a license to spread the ball around and join in attacks.

He gets to roam with Spain its not quite as rigid as Liverpool's midfield .....just hope he gets the chance he deserves ,and doesn't get disheartened
with the plethora of midfielder's we currently employ all  vying for a spot in the middle.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion