SUSO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:20 am

Boxscarf » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:12 am wrote:Apart from the Andy Carroll fiasco what has Rodgers done wrong?

So he has put a foot wrong then with regards the Carroll saga.

We haven't had the greatest start to a season so BR hasn't exactly covered himself in glory just yet
Benny The Noon

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:22 am

I didn't say he hasn't put a foot wrong, I said he has hardly put a foot wrong, I doubt Andy would have made much of a difference to our striker problem. After all he doesn't have a very good scoring record for us does he? Rodgers has done well so far, okay we're not firing on all cylinders at the moment, but we'll get there.
Boxscarf

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:47 pm

Benny The Noon » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:20 pm wrote:
Boxscarf » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:12 am wrote:Apart from the Andy Carroll fiasco what has Rodgers done wrong?

We haven't had the greatest start to a season so BR hasn't exactly covered himself in glory just yet

I dont think you can really blame him for the Caroll saga, it has been very highly reported that BR thought he was getting another striker in which is the reason Carrol was allowed to leave.. but hey lets try and do him in as quickly as possible and refuse to see all the good things that have come from his short time in charge.. :no
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby The Raven » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:49 pm

Suso is a talent no doubt however he looks very very lightweight. Not sure we should be playing him week in week out this season
The Raven

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:54 pm

:laugh:  :laugh:   ha ha ha ha
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:38 pm

Yeah right...one sure sign of a good footballing manager is to come in and start winning games after games and set the league on fire. I'll say if we don't win the league this year then Brendan should be sacked and send to a Championship side where he rightly belong. I must say your understanding of the game of football is extraordinary sir  :help
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:45 pm

And you got all that from me saying we haven't made the greatest start to the season ?

Have we made a great start then ?
Benny The Noon

Postby LittleHobo » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:44 pm

The Raven » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:49 pm wrote:Suso is a talent no doubt however he looks very very lightweight. Not sure we should be playing him week in week out this season

it amazes me that rodgers plays two kids in our front 3........its insanity

one i can see, but 2 is mental, cause kids are inconsistent!! play suso and sterling first team and 10th is around where well finish
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:48 am

LittleHobo » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:44 pm wrote:
The Raven » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:49 pm wrote:Suso is a talent no doubt however he looks very very lightweight. Not sure we should be playing him week in week out this season

one i can see, but 2 is mental, cause kids are inconsistent!! play suso and sterling first team and 10th is around where well finish

So who would you play up in the front 3.. Have you not seenhow busy our treatment room is at the moment?  May be we could play Joe COle up there?? or Stuart Downing.  Both of them have not deserved a place in the first 11 where as Suso and Sterling have both worked their socks off and delivered some great performances.

In an ideal world we would have enough players to allow BR to introduce these yougsters more slowly to the Premiership but that is not the case.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:10 pm

LittleHobo » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:44 pm wrote:

You clearly don't know much about playing for or managing a team.

If you are forced to play inexperienced players, you will always play them in wide attacking positions.

You cannot afford a inexperienced and potentially unreliable backbone - GK, CB, CM, CF. Failure in those positions will result in far more damage than those in wide positions.

Basic principles.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:26 pm

Two poor performances in a row against everton then Newcastle in the league.

I hope getting handed the new contract hasn't gone to his head because thats exactly when his form dipped.

Drop him to the bench for a few games to bring his feet back on the ground I reckon.

Going to be a good player but the team needs to be picked based on form. These young lads have talent but you won't get a consistent season out of them. Although Sterling may be an exception to the rule.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:31 pm

john craig » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:26 pm wrote:Two poor performances in a row against everton then Newcastle in the league.

I hope getting handed the new contract hasn't gone to his head because thats exactly when his form dipped.

Drop him to the bench for a few games to bring his feet back on the ground I reckon.

Going to be a good player but the team needs to be picked based on form. These young lads have talent but you won't get a consistent season out of them. Although Sterling may be an exception to the rule.

yesterday I thought he had a good 1st half...disappeared in the 2nd....certainly brings more to the game than Henderson , Downing
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:55 pm

he's not a wide player in a 4-3-3. needs to be playing more central or just off the main striker.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:15 pm

stmichael » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:55 pm wrote:he's not a wide player in a 4-3-3. needs to be playing more central or just off the main striker.

agree 100%, he`s at his best when he`s attacking defences from a central position like he did away at west brom in the lead up to sahins winner.
his main attribute is his creative passing and playing as a winger is deffo hindering his game. i dont think he has the natural athleticism either to get up and down the line to help out the fullback.
gerrard is so lax in possession these days i`d like to see suso given a run in the AM position, either that or put him on the bench, playing him on the wing is just draining his confidence. i`d like to see us try -

allen            sahin              or in a few weeks             allen              lucas 

suso                                                                      suso

if we are going to try to pass through teams at least lets play a creative passer in the AM position.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:15 pm

I tend to agree St Mike. He's not got a lot of pace which I think also limits him when played out wide. He'll be played more centrally in future I have no doubt but it's probably the best position for him at the moment. Physically i think he'd struggle centrally in the premiership just now.

Supersub - not sure I agree Suso was good first half yesterday, personally I'd have taken him off at half time. Maybe Rodgers agreed with you or maybe he didnt want to destroy his confidence hooking him off at half time twice in a row in the league.  He's clearly more talented than Downing or Henderson but physically he's way behind them still and in certain games I'd leave him out.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion