SUSO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:27 pm

thats great news, i think this lad will step into gerrards shoes in 3 or 4 years time. he`ll end up in the `gerrard` attacking midfielder/ heartbeat of the side role and our game will revolve around him. he is potentially that good. some of his performances for the spanish U19 side are masterclasses, no wonder madrid were back in for him in the summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0dfjJ4gG20
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Raoul » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:30 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:14 pm wrote:
laza » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:01 pm wrote:Nice to see some postive news this week

-------------------------

Spanish youngster Suso has delivered some welcome news for Liverpool by declaring his intention to enjoy a long stay with the Anfield club.

Suso has been one of the Reds' most impressive performers this season, having finally made the progression from the youth academy. The Liverpool No. 30 is already a first-choice starter for his club and is forming an interesting understanding with Luis Suarez.

There have been fears on Merseyside that Suso's stay may be short-lived, with Real Madrid reported to be showing an interest having made an enquiry during the summer. The silky left-footer is not interested, though, insisting he loves life at Liverpool.

"Liverpool is the ideal club for me,'' he told Radio Onda Cero. "I'll sign a new deal soon and be here for a long time. The fans can relax, it'll be done as soon as possible."

In an interview with the club's official website he added: "When I played in pre-season I wasn't ready at that moment for the first team but I have worked hard in training and with the U21s and got my chance.

"Brendan has given me the chance and I am really grateful for that as I am really happy here and want to stay for a long time.

"Liverpool is one of the biggest clubs in the world and the supporters are fantastic. We haven't won too many games so far this season but they still give us their full support at all times and sooner or later the wins will come for us.

"We are playing well, playing good football and creating a lot of chances. I know we are not scoring a lot at the moment but we are confident the goals will come, and hopefully we will start to win some games soon."

EPSN

i truly hope so. Losing him would be a hard pill to swallow.

He has a big future, let's hope it is with us.

I'm not counting any chickens until they are hatched and laying eggs of their own, but I sure hope this is true.

If it does happen, along with a bunch of other players to sign new contracts, it seems like the playing staff are positive about the future!
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:30 pm

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:36 pm

Well in, he has impressed so far this season and has shown he has the quality to become a big player in years to come. :buttrock :buttrock
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:46 pm

Made my day this news!

Will be a top drawer player in a couple of years,very much in the mould of a Nasri/ Silva/ Mata.  I'm not expecting miracles from him this season at 18 years of age, but all the first team exposure will set him up nicely for the next few years.

Rodgers is building a reputation for giving youngsters a chance and sticking by them (I know he has little choice at the moment, but that's a different story), and it will do us no harm in terms of recruiting the best of the young talent around.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:13 pm

that is great news, fair dues to rodgers for getting that done.
the situation with suso was starting to look a bit ominous, he was free to talk to other clubs in 3 months time and the echo revealed last weekend that real madrid actually put a formal bid in for him last summer but liverpool told them the player wasnt for sale.
even so with his contract ticking down and the likes of real madrid and barcelona monitoring the situation closely rodgers has done a great job convincing him to stay here.
i think this lad is the heir to gerrards throne, in 5 or 6 years time when he`s 24/25 i think our team will be built around him, he`s potentially that good.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:34 pm

the club has certainly done well in terms of nailing players down to long term deals. that's suarez, suso, sterling, agger and skrtel all signed up. some consolation for what was a dismal transfer window in terms of recruiting players.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:12 pm

Crackin', crackin' player....great news...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby laza » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:11 am

Excellent news and bodes very well for the future
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:05 am

This lad is definitely a star in the making. It should a nightmare playing against Liverpool with the likes of  Suso, Sterling, Suarez, Shelvey, Assaidi in the team once we get our goal scoring problem and  defence sorted out.
alwayslfc

Postby Raoul » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:57 am

With yet another player signing, not only is it good for the future, it shows that the playing staff believe in the team, in Rodgers, in the direction set. Looks good!
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Raven » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:04 am

Good stuff.

This lad could very well be the real deal next season.
The Raven

Postby Boxscarf » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:03 pm

Raoul » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:57 am wrote:With yet another player signing, not only is it good for the future, it shows that the playing staff believe in the team, in Rodgers, in the direction set. Looks good!

Yet you still get idiots who are calling for Rodgers's replacement. The man hasn't really put a foot wrong and signing Suso to an extension is just another thing he's gotten right.
Boxscarf

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:56 pm

Hasn't put a foot wrong ?!

Lets not go overboard a bit too early
Benny The Noon

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:12 am

Apart from the Andy Carroll fiasco what has Rodgers done wrong?
Boxscarf

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion