SUSO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:18 pm

I thought he was good in the first half. At times though his final ball let him down. Technically he's a sound player, one who looks comfortable in possession.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:09 am

I though Suso looked brilliant when he cam on last night, composed, tricky and a real talent.

Well played young man, you are going to be a real star at Liverpool
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:05 pm

i agree with what `red til i die` suggested in the anzhi post match thread.
he said suso should be played centrally behind suarez, sahin should be moved back to his natural position beside allen and gerrard should be pushed forward into the front 3.

allen          sahin

suso 

gerrard       suarez      sterling

it`s basically the same players that rodgers usually picks on a saturday but i think that line up makes the most of players attributes.
suso is never a wide player (not athletic enough) and playing wide doesnt make the most of his vision and passing ability, gerrard is struggling in midfield and needs to move forward (plus he is good in goalscoring positions) and sahin should be played in the position where he was so effective for dortmund.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:34 pm

You can see the lads got the ability but hes not Prem ready not by a long chalk.

He needs to gain strength and power to hold people off as he just gets shoved
off the ball too easy at the moment. I mean in the derby he just went into
hiding and was subbed because physically he couldnt handle it and mentally
he wasnt able to keep up with the game.

Truth is the kids at least 2 years away but with little else to pick from is being
fast tracked in to do a job now but its not easy.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:02 pm

parchpea » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:34 pm wrote:You can see the lads got the ability but hes not Prem ready not by a long chalk.

Truth is the kids at least 2 years away but with little else to pick from is being

bloody hell you make heimdall loke positive you lad
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby parchpea » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:34 pm

stmichael » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:02 pm wrote:
parchpea » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:34 pm wrote:You can see the lads got the ability but hes not Prem ready not by a long chalk.

bloody hell you make heimdall loke positive you lad

:D

I know I can have a chirp like but dont get me wrong this Suso moves better than
most players in the Premiership even now and will be terrific, but hes got a long way
to go before he can really impact games for us.

Touching it off and dropping you shoulder is one thing but dominating the midfield
area in the Prem is another and hes a long way off that in my opinion and at the end
of day thats what you need people to do if you want to win games in this league.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:51 pm

Was a little concerned when Suso came off today, can only assume was an injury, does anyone know what please and any prognosis?
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:53 pm

Not injured. Tactical substitution.
Eagle

Postby C-R » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:54 pm

thanks Eagle, just read this...
Rodgers also explained the thinking behind the withdrawal of midfielder Suso 10 minutes before the break, with Jordan Henderson's introduction designed to change the dynamics in the central area.

"I felt that the organisation at the front end of the field wasn't what I wanted really, and you make a decision in the game," revealed the boss, whose side are now unbeaten in seven league fixtures.

"You can let it run but I always try to use my intuition and what I feel is best for the team at that moment. He had some nice touches, he nearly scored but that's a part of the game. I just felt that I'd flip the triangle around.

"We were playing two and one, and I felt that it wasn't so good for us when we didn't have the ball. Then just flip the triangle round and two players going to join in, and that seemed to work well for us."
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:56 pm

cardiff-red » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:51 pm wrote:Was a little concerned when Suso came off today, can only assume was an injury, does anyone know what please and any prognosis?

the commentators were saying it was a tactical change. he didnt look to be carrying an injury during the game or when he was coming off.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:17 pm

cardiff-red » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:54 pm wrote:thanks Eagle, just read this...
Rodgers also explained the thinking behind the withdrawal of midfielder Suso 10 minutes before the break, with Jordan Henderson's introduction designed to change the dynamics in the central area.

"I felt that the organisation at the front end of the field wasn't what I wanted really, and you make a decision in the game," revealed the boss, whose side are now unbeaten in seven league fixtures.

"You can let it run but I always try to use my intuition and what I feel is best for the team at that moment. He had some nice touches, he nearly scored but that's a part of the game. I just felt that I'd flip the triangle around.

"We were playing two and one, and I felt that it wasn't so good for us when we didn't have the ball. Then just flip the triangle round and two players going to join in, and that seemed to work well for us."

Even if the game has finished, I really don't like how Rodgers explains all his tactics to the media.

Anyway, the decision to take Suso and bring in Henderson was spot on and I think it was crucial for our win.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:49 pm

No criticism from me, he is young and still learning. Even with his off performances I rate him, he is a talent and breath of fresh air from other young players that have graduated from the youth system in previous seasons.
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:55 am

He looks good on the ball but I still think he lacks something... He is trying to play everything pretty and as a result he is not as effective as Sterling... for Sterling, the game is more simple, run at defenders, dribble and change direction and run again, then he either crosses or takes the shot...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:25 pm

maguskwt » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:55 am wrote:
He looks good on the ball but I still think he lacks something.

sums it up for me. it's his decision making that he needs to work on simple as. love watching him play though. he just glides past players effortlessly.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:46 am

he's coming along ok in my view...still learning his trade, with an obvious talent.

In an ideal world, we'd loan him out, but sadly our lack of numbers dictates that he's a bit part player for us.  Promising player, who's technically gifted. We just need him to develop that into something specific, because i'm not convinced he's a winger.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion