SUSO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Tim LFC » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:11 pm

Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:56 pm wrote:Another positive...

The way we are at the moment kind of reminds me of the position Man Utd where in when it looked like they where about to sack Fergie.  They where having a bad run but then a number of young lads broke in to the team..

I am really hoping that this is trully the beginning of something special when you look at all the young players breaking into our team at the moment..

Kelly
Sterling
Suso
Allen

and then we have Wisdom and Robinson knocking on the door and Borini who maybe needs a bit of time.

the futures bright.. the training kit is Orange!

Plus Jonjo is only 20, Borini 21,Henderson 22.
Tim LFC

Postby shanks13 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:44 am

Absolute class. Just feel like something is going to happen when he has the ball.
shanks13
LFC Basic Member

Postby Keris » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:13 am

Glad he is given the chance to exhibit his abilty. Hopefully he will grow to be a regular. New talents breaking through has been too few and far between.
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:00 am

Wisdom(19)       Wilson (20)     Coates(21)     Robinson (19)

Shelvey(20)           Suso(18)        Henderson(22)

Sterling (17)                 Yesil (18)         Borini (21)

A Fanatstic young side Coming through where the oldest player is 22 and has an average age of 19.5

Plus we have Jon Flanagan (19) Martin Kelly (22) Assaidis (24) Suarez (25) Lucas (25)

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:54 am

Gave us exactly the thing we needed to score last night and he did it just a few minutes after he entered the game. Obviously a Rogers type of player and I can see him starting as often as Sterling. Expect him to start against Norwich.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:21 pm

we do still lack an out and out goalscorer but our striking problem may not be as bad as we first thought, thats mainly because the young players have really stepped up to the plate. we`ve gone from one extreme to the other, from the debacle of the transfer window rodgers now, almost unbelievably, is left with the problem all managers like to have i.e who to leave out.
suarez is a nailed on starter but for the other 2 positions in the front 3 we have the likes of sterling, suso, assaidi, downing, borini and pacheco all competing for a shirt.
midfield is the same, when everyone is fit (and back from suspension) we`ll have the likes of gerrard, allen, lucas, henderson, sahin, shelvey and even suso all vying for just 3 positions.
the squad initially looked very light, rodgers himself bemoaned that he only had 19 senior players to choose from but the young players have really altered the equation. they arent just holding their own at senior level they are really influencing games and they look more at home with the passing game than a lot of our first team players do. great credit needs to go to the likes of rodolfo borrell, it`s not just one or two but a whole raft of players who are coming through and every one of them (even big strong players like wisdom) look to be to the manor born. whatever training methods they are employing at kirkby it seems to be the perfect preperation to make the transition up into senior level, some of them look like they have had 200 games under their belts never mind 2.
arguably our best player so far this season has been sterling! that says everything.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Raven » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:42 am

I think what we are seeing is HUNGER!

The likes of downing knew they would play week in week out no matter what. Suso and the other kids have something to prove. I notice when kenny took over and had to play a few of the lads the same thing happened.

These lads will learn to play Brens way quicker than the others as they will not be so set in the way they play.

The good news is Brod isnt afraid to use them. I know im ***** about the season so far but if we finish 10th or so but have a few talents bed in then i dont think it will be that bad.

Suso has to start at the weekend.
The Raven

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:58 pm

Complacency can be a massive problem for some players. If they know their names on the teamsheet every week it can lead to laziness and apathy.
Two I can think of straight away are McManaman and Heskey. Both could have been legends but believed they were doing enough because they were guaranteed to play. Waste of talent and eventually waste of time.
Thommo's perm

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:27 pm

Liverpool are set to offer Suso a new contract as reward for his breakthough into the first team.

Suso, who arrived at Anfield from Cadiz in the summer of 2010, is in talks to extend a deal that expires next summer.

The 18-year-old, a member of the Spain squad who won the Under-19 European Championships in Estonia in July, made his Liverpool debut against Young Boys in the Europa League earlier this month.

He then made his Premier League bow as a substitute in the defeat against Manchester United at Anfield last Sunday, before setting up Nuri Sahin's winner in the Capital One Cup victory at West Brom on Wednesday.

"The contract is something we're looking at," Rodgers told the Liverpool Echo. "Suso makes things happen. He is tactically very good and strong technically with the ball.

"I love that type of player. You saw that when he came on against West Brom for the goal. He took the ball out of a tight space. Talent finds space and he is a real talent. He knows he still has a lot to learn but he's a good kid."

Suso earned a regular spot in Rodgers' first-team squad after impressing during the club's pre-season tour of North America.

"I have noticed a big progression in him since America," Rodgers added. "I thought he looked a bit tired when he came over as he had just come out of the Euro Under-19 Championships with Spain. Within a couple of days, he was on a plane and I was demanding him to work hard.

"I have seen a real difference in him in the last couple of months since I brought him up to Melwood. He has got a really good appetite for the game.

"He is on the same page in terms of the tactical idea for the team. If his fight matches his talent then we will have a very good player. "We had a couple of offers for him to go abroad in the summer but I always said I didn't want him to go.

"I felt we had a very good young player so let's keep him here. He was keen to stay as he understood he was going to get a chance here. He's done very well in this early stage."
maypaxvobiscum

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:04 pm

Get him signed up quick!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:46 pm

Lest we forget major, major kudos to the man who brought Suso to LFC to start with !
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Kukilon » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:56 pm

bunglemark2 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:46 pm wrote:Lest we forget major, major kudos to the man who brought Suso to LFC to start with !

:buttrock

This guy is one for now and the future.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:04 pm

bunglemark2 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:46 pm wrote:Lest we forget major, major kudos to the man who brought Suso to LFC to start with !

Rafa did some daft things, but he also did some great things
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby laza » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:01 pm

Nice to see some postive news this week

-------------------------

Spanish youngster Suso has delivered some welcome news for Liverpool by declaring his intention to enjoy a long stay with the Anfield club.

Suso has been one of the Reds' most impressive performers this season, having finally made the progression from the youth academy. The Liverpool No. 30 is already a first-choice starter for his club and is forming an interesting understanding with Luis Suarez.

There have been fears on Merseyside that Suso's stay may be short-lived, with Real Madrid reported to be showing an interest having made an enquiry during the summer. The silky left-footer is not interested, though, insisting he loves life at Liverpool.

"Liverpool is the ideal club for me,'' he told Radio Onda Cero. "I'll sign a new deal soon and be here for a long time. The fans can relax, it'll be done as soon as possible."

In an interview with the club's official website he added: "When I played in pre-season I wasn't ready at that moment for the first team but I have worked hard in training and with the U21s and got my chance.

"Brendan has given me the chance and I am really grateful for that as I am really happy here and want to stay for a long time.

"Liverpool is one of the biggest clubs in the world and the supporters are fantastic. We haven't won too many games so far this season but they still give us their full support at all times and sooner or later the wins will come for us.

"We are playing well, playing good football and creating a lot of chances. I know we are not scoring a lot at the moment but we are confident the goals will come, and hopefully we will start to win some games soon."

EPSN
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:14 pm

laza » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:01 pm wrote:Nice to see some postive news this week

-------------------------

Spanish youngster Suso has delivered some welcome news for Liverpool by declaring his intention to enjoy a long stay with the Anfield club.

Suso has been one of the Reds' most impressive performers this season, having finally made the progression from the youth academy. The Liverpool No. 30 is already a first-choice starter for his club and is forming an interesting understanding with Luis Suarez.

There have been fears on Merseyside that Suso's stay may be short-lived, with Real Madrid reported to be showing an interest having made an enquiry during the summer. The silky left-footer is not interested, though, insisting he loves life at Liverpool.

"Liverpool is the ideal club for me,'' he told Radio Onda Cero. "I'll sign a new deal soon and be here for a long time. The fans can relax, it'll be done as soon as possible."

In an interview with the club's official website he added: "When I played in pre-season I wasn't ready at that moment for the first team but I have worked hard in training and with the U21s and got my chance.

"Brendan has given me the chance and I am really grateful for that as I am really happy here and want to stay for a long time.

"Liverpool is one of the biggest clubs in the world and the supporters are fantastic. We haven't won too many games so far this season but they still give us their full support at all times and sooner or later the wins will come for us.

"We are playing well, playing good football and creating a lot of chances. I know we are not scoring a lot at the moment but we are confident the goals will come, and hopefully we will start to win some games soon."

EPSN

i truly hope so. Losing him would be a hard pill to swallow.

He has a big future, let's hope it is with us.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion