Starting 11 against chelsea - Pick yours

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Emerald Red » Tue May 01, 2007 7:46 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:I would be sorely tempted to line up 3-5-2. The 5 in midfield would put immense pressure on their attacking midfielders to stay back and defend. The extra man would mean that their fullbacks are pushed further up the pitch to support their wingers, leaving a nice hole for Pennant and Riise to exploit:

Reina

JC                Sami             Agger

Pennant                     Xabi                       Mascherano                         Riise

Gerrard

Crouch                      Bellamy.

I'd give explicit instructions to Mascherano to keep tabs on Cole, and Xabi to cut wide in support of Pennant when required. (Obviously Gerrard would drop back to cover the gap, thus ensuring our defensive solidity.

I honestly think this is the team to play, as it can easily alter into a 5-3-2, or a 4-4-2, giving us more options.

Arbeloa on the bench as cover, assuming Finnan is unfit.

Hmm, freakishly similar to my thoughts on formation, Lando. 3-5-2 and same striker possitions with Gerrard in the hole behind them in the middle. Makes sense from an attacking perspective if we are to go looking more than a single goal. My acception would be playing a real hounder of the ball to put pressure on in the shape of Sissoko and not Mascerino, and Finnan, JC, and Aggar (or Hyypia) at the back.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Tue May 01, 2007 7:51 am

Emerald Red wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:I would be sorely tempted to line up 3-5-2. The 5 in midfield would put immense pressure on their attacking midfielders to stay back and defend. The extra man would mean that their fullbacks are pushed further up the pitch to support their wingers, leaving a nice hole for Pennant and Riise to exploit:

Reina

Pennant                     Xabi                       Mascherano                         Riise

Gerrard

I'd give explicit instructions to Mascherano to keep tabs on Cole, and Xabi to cut wide in support of Pennant when required. (Obviously Gerrard would drop back to cover the gap, thus ensuring our defensive solidity.

I honestly think this is the team to play, as it can easily alter into a 5-3-2, or a 4-4-2, giving us more options.

Hmm, freakishly similar to my thoughts on formation, Lando. 3-5-2 and same striker possitions with Gerrard in the hole behind them in the middle. Makes sense from an attacking perspective if we are to go looking more than a single goal. My acception would be playing a real hounder of the ball to put pressure on in the shape of Sissoko and not Mascerino, and Finnan, JC, and Aggar (or Hyypia) at the back.

I would never play that formation with Robben playing.

I will eat my own turd and post photos on here if Rafa plays that formation WITHOUT Finnan on the right.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue May 01, 2007 7:58 am

stmichael wrote:The starting eleven for tomorrow (I have heard from a very reliable source).

Joe Corrigan

George Sephton
Pako
That fat steward from block 205
Gillet's Son

Ged Poynton
The manager from the Albert
Badgeman
Zenden

Phil Easton
Brian Hall

No subs - no injury worries.

you sound like terry venables who liked to play loads of spurs players in the england team  :D , although you dont mention spurs  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue May 01, 2007 8:11 am

Emerald Red wrote:

Reina

Gerrard

yer i like this line up. i would love to see Gerrard start there.
This is going to be a very hard game and i am not that sure that  Sami is fit enough for the 90 mins or sharp enough.

pooing my pants over tonight....we can do it....win that is not poo your pants.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue May 01, 2007 8:28 am

I think I would try and get hold of Drogba by playing Sami at the back and as I am not 100% sure of Arbeloa I would probably line up like this..

Reina

Finnan  Carra  Hypia   Agger

Gerrard  Macherano  Alonso  Risse

Kuyt
                     Crouch
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby RichardLFC1 » Tue May 01, 2007 8:30 am

I would like us to start like this :

Reina

Finnan
Carragher
Agger
Arbeloa

Pennant
Gerrard
Alonso
Riise

Kuyt
Crouch

I think Rafa will start :

Reina

Finnan
Carragher
Hyypia
Arbeloa

Gerrard
Alonso
Mascharano
Riise

Kuyt
Crouch

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Tue May 01, 2007 8:40 am

I FEAR Rafa will start with ZENDEN.
Last edited by lakes10 on Tue May 01, 2007 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue May 01, 2007 10:10 am

I think that is a lot of people's fears.  Seems like Chelsea we baiting us to pass him the ball knowing nothing but a long throw by riise was going to come out of it.  Luckily. . . .
We've got a right back called Steve Finnan
When he plays we're always winning
Passes the ball out and in again
We've got a right back called Steve Finnan

Which means at left mid we've got Riise
His shot bends more than the tower at Pisa
But it gets me grinning like the Mona Lisa
When I see a goal by John Arne Riise

gotta start moving on from the traore verse so I gave it a crack  :D
JoeTerp

Postby stmichael » Tue May 01, 2007 10:29 am

lakes10 wrote:I FEAR Rafa will start with ZENDEN.

absolutely no chance. he only started last week because finnan wasn't fit. expect to see riise left mid with arbeloa switching to left back.

whoever plays left mid, they have to really get at ferreira if he plays. he's their weak link.

also, pennant ran rings around ashley cole in the league game at anfield. i'd personally start him tonight but i think we'll ultimately see gerrard back out on the right again.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dimshen » Tue May 01, 2007 10:32 am

Reina

Riise
Carra
Agger
Finnan

Gonzalez
Mashcarano
Alonso
Gerrard

Crouch
Kuyt

I just wish we had a really convincing left back with some guile and genuwine pace (not harry kewell)
Dimshen

Postby duk » Tue May 01, 2007 12:13 pm

Reina

Gerrard

If Finnan's sill out this would be a brill line up...
3 CB's would mean Drogba wouldn't get a shout
2 defensive Mid's would mean neither would any attacking Mid (eg. Lampard)
Gerrard + 2 strickers 2 attack whatever Riise and Pennant can provide

On the overhand is it the right time to try new formations?
duk

Postby tubby » Tue May 01, 2007 12:14 pm

grayghost wrote:The same teasm that beat the Gunners

Renia
Finnan                    JC                             Agger                                     Rise

Pennant                 Masherino                  Alonso                                      Gonzales

Gerrard
                                                   Crouch

Aurelio was in that team when we beat the Gunners.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue May 01, 2007 12:35 pm

And isnt there already a thread for this topic open further down the page?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Tue May 01, 2007 3:12 pm

stmichael wrote:whoever plays left mid, they have to really get at ferreira if he plays. he's their weak link.

I think that Essien at centre back will be........
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Dotty » Tue May 01, 2007 3:48 pm

We have to get them sitting deep so that we can get crouch causing trouble and to do that we need pace. Bellamy.

My team would be.

Reina
Finnan
JC
Agger
Abblola

Pennant
Alonso
Gerrard In the fecking Middle
Risse

Bellamy
Crouch