Formation against chelsea - What formation would you pick?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Formation against chelsea - What formation would you pick?

4-4-1-1
50%
4-4-2
50%

Total votes : 46

Postby grayghost » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:48 pm

I think Rafa will play the same team he did against the Gunners. That was one of are best performaces of the season with Gerrard behind crouch and 2 whingers with Alonso and masherino in the middle. On a outher note does any one think chelski will hand out flags for there surporters again to try and recreate the kop atmosphire like they did 2 years ago it was a disgrace. :angry: :angry:
grayghost

Postby Effes » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:46 pm

monkey 20 wrote:                   Reina

finnan      carra      agger    riise
                 mascherano
pennant   sissoko     alonso    gerrard

Crouch

what you guys think bout this formation?

The actual formation is not bad mate; but playing Gerrard on the left is criminal.

Riise's best position is left midfield too, Arbeloa has looked really accomplished at left back.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:47 pm

grayghost wrote:On a outher note does any one think chelski will hand out flags for there surporters again to try and recreate the kop atmosphire like they did 2 years ago it was a disgrace. :angry: :angry:

They didn't do that 2 years ago, I was there and we outsang them for most of the time.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:53 pm

I think your second line up is near the mark Bob ,with hopefully mascherano in for momo, that's the only change i'd make.
I really hope and pray he doesn't play gerrard on the left, he would do a job and probably a good one, but he needs to be in the middle in the thick of things so to speak.

Wether that's as a central midfielder or in the hole as a second striker ,he has to be in the centre of things to have a greater impact.

I'm with you on this one Igor Zidane, Mascherano, despite in the TV only certain details are grasped, is capable of doing a lot of defensive job aswell. There are some players that are good defensively because they run a lot, and others because they are where they should be. :)

I expected Kuyt in Barcelona away aswell, and Rafa played Crouch. And the most serious test with this formation was made with Crouch up front (Hat trick).

Anyhow, I'd be confident with both formations.

BTW, Effes, I'm shocked with the results, I expected a 18% for 4-4-1-1, not a leveled poll.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:01 pm

Sabre wrote:BTW, Effes, I'm shocked with the results, I expected a 18% for 4-4-1-1, not a leveled poll.

Iam too.

Funnily enough, I'd prefer to play that at home rather away.
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SJD » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:41 pm

The "leveled poll" just goes to show how many different options we have in the team. Sure other teams can play a 4-4-2 and then a 4-5-1  and then a 4-3-3 but they are bound to lose some of the quality that there preferred formations brings them. With Liverpool because of the standard of the players and the sheer size of the squad, it means we can afford to change the tactics and the formations and not lose any of the overall quality of the team.

Credit must go to Rafa for building the squad as it is.

He always goes on and on about having options, we have them in abundance here at Liverpool and it gives us a tactical advantage over most opposition.
SJD

Postby Scottbot » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:59 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Now, having said that, I actually think Rafa might play the following, since we've been "practicing" it the last few games:

Reina

Finnan      Carragher          Agger      Arbeloa

Alonso            Sissoko

Pennant               Gerrard                Riise

Kuyt

The problem with this formation, for me, is Gerrard.  It doesn't make the most of his natural assets, including perhaps his best offensive asset: surging runs from deep positions.  Gerrard is very hard to pick up when he comes from deep and he can beat you with both a long shot or by feigning a shot and then surging past and into the box (not to mention through a well-executed 1-2 with someone on the edge of the area).  Put him in "the hole" and he gets smothered too easily.

I think you probably have the team picked out there mate. Despite Momo's poor form this season i think Rafa will remember his performance away at Barca and play him ahead of Mascherano. Personally i would like to see us in a 4-4-2 with Crouch and Kuyt (particularly if carvallo doesn't make it) up-front.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:08 pm

arbeloa carra agger finnan a the back.
risse mascherano alonso gerrard midfield.
kuyt and bellamy up front. 442
Last edited by stapo1000 on Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:09 pm

stapo1000 wrote:arbeloa carra agger finnan a the back.
risse mascherano alonso gerrard midfield.
kuyt and bellamy up front. 442

Edited
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:11 pm

Scottbot wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Now, having said that, I actually think Rafa might play the following, since we've been "practicing" it the last few games:

Reina

Finnan      Carragher          Agger      Arbeloa

Alonso            Sissoko

Pennant               Gerrard                Riise

Kuyt

The problem with this formation, for me, is Gerrard.  It doesn't make the most of his natural assets, including perhaps his best offensive asset: surging runs from deep positions.  Gerrard is very hard to pick up when he comes from deep and he can beat you with both a long shot or by feigning a shot and then surging past and into the box (not to mention through a well-executed 1-2 with someone on the edge of the area).  Put him in "the hole" and he gets smothered too easily.

I think you probably have the team picked out there mate. Despite Momo's poor form this season i think Rafa will remember his performance away at Barca and play him ahead of Mascherano. Personally i would like to see us in a 4-4-2 with Crouch and Kuyt (particularly if carvallo doesn't make it) up-front.

i dont think sissoko's been poor. he just has very little football in him. he can break up attacks and put in tackles but he cant pass and adds nothing in attack. thats where mascherano i think has the edge over sissoko. not only is a class holding player but he is a good passer and is much cooler on the ball
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:17 am

I'm amazed its 50/50
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby grayghost » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:25 pm

Effes wrote:
grayghost wrote:On a outher note does any one think chelski will hand out flags for there surporters again to try and recreate the kop atmosphire like they did 2 years ago it was a disgrace. :angry: :angry:

They didn't do that 2 years ago, I was there and we outsang them for most of the time.

Yeah i no we out sang them we always do but a friend of mine told me that every surporter in one of there stands was given a blue flag.And all am saying is we don't have to hand out flags and banners to create an atmoshere we do it on are own.  :bowdown That why are fans are the best.
grayghost

Postby Owzat » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:56 pm

Effes wrote:I'm amazed its 50/50

Amazed because you strongly believe in one over the other or simple amazement we could be so divided?

I'd leave Sissoko out, who plays instead depending on if we go one or two up front. Honest truth about our strikers is only Bellamy really looks like he's going to change the game coming on from the bench so I'd not play one up front if only for that reason. We can always take one off if it isn't working or if we did go ahead and wanted to defend the lead
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:41 pm

Owzat wrote:
Effes wrote:I'm amazed its 50/50

Amazed because you strongly believe in one over the other or simple amazement we could be so divided?

Because I didn't think so many people thought 4-4-1-1 worked away from home
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby grayghost » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:50 pm

grayghost wrote:
Effes wrote:

Yeah i no we out sang them we always do but a friend of mine told me that every surporter in one of there stands was given a blue flag.And all am saying is we don't have to hand out flags and banners to create an atmoshere we do it on are own.  :bowdown That why are fans are the best.

It looked to me like they did hand out those shity blue plastic flags again. They should know that a Kop like stand can't be bought with cheap blue plastic it has to be made with passion and history.   :bowdown
grayghost

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion