Spearing must start over poulson.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LittleHobo » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:44 am

in the defensive mid role he shows all the things you wanna see, determination, covers alot of grass, breaks up play,  tireless, shows like he wants to actually play (unlike poulsen) sharp, good acceleration

basically like a poor version of mascherano

poulson looks like he cant be assssed, give spearing a chance.
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby LittleHobo » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:57 am

move this please, i put it in the wrong bit
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:19 am

I actually agree with this.

If it was a straight choice between the two i mean.
Jay is definitely someone that is not quite good enough for me but i would have him all day over Poulsen.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:08 pm

Until now Spearing , Lucas and poulson are just NOT good enough to fill that roll . If we have enough money we should consider Fellaini or Lee Catermore or Mikel ....
LiverpoolMadman

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:11 pm

Spearing is not good enough for Liverpool.  But neither are Poulsen or Lucas and someone has to play.

Apparently Meirles can play anywhere in the centre and is good going forward or back.  So i can't see why him and Gerrard can't start in centre mid with Cole behind Torres.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:15 pm

jacdaniel wrote:Spearing is not good enough for Liverpool.  But neither are Poulsen or Lucas and someone has to play.

Apparently Meirles can play anywhere in the centre and is good going forward or back.  So i can't see why him and Gerrard can't start in centre mid with Cole behind Torres.

Totally agree with this.

But to be fair you do have to have a squad and players to come in every now and again.

Out of the 3 that are not good enough who would you keep ?
Ben Patrick

Postby Johnny Boy » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:23 pm

I still cannot understand why we bought Poulsen, I would prefer Spearing to play but only as a back up , to be honest I don't think either are good enough.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:32 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
jacdaniel wrote:Spearing is not good enough for Liverpool.  But neither are Poulsen or Lucas and someone has to play.

Totally agree with this.

But to be fair you do have to have a squad and players to come in every now and again.

Out of the 3 that are not good enough who would you keep ?

hmmm...difficult question.

Id hope we could get them all replaced in the next year.
Poulsen would be my least favourite.

Lucas has PL experience but offers a good chance of some cash at least if we sold. 

I wouldn't mind keeping Spearing but he did say that he needs to start playing more or he'll have to consider his options.

Id probably keep Lucas though just cos he has some experience and we're not in a position to take big risks at the minute.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:47 pm

If possible i would also replace them all.
But i dont think its as necessary as other positions.
I would keep Spearing as he is steady enough for the odd game here and there and wouldnt bring in any decent money anyway.
I would sell Lucas despite what experience he has as we would probably get about 5 million still.
I would give Poulsen away.
Ben Patrick

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:22 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:If possible i would also replace them all.
But i dont think its as necessary as other positions.
I would keep Spearing as he is steady enough for the odd game here and there and wouldnt bring in any decent money anyway.
I would sell Lucas despite what experience he has as we would probably get about 5 million still.
I would give Poulsen away.

sell him dammit dont be Santa Claus!  :D im sure we could recoup at least 1/4 of the money we spent on him. i would sell Lucas and Poulson, keep Spearing for the home grown quota and buy a proper DM.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby stmichael » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:35 pm

Spearing is never good enough for Liverpool in the long term but I'd still have him over Poulsen anyday of the week. I've seen milk turn quicker than Poulsen.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby syma76 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:12 pm

Give jonjo a shot then....???
syma76

Postby Kopite25 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:19 pm

Spearing only gets ppls votes cos he's a local academy player. If we'd spent £2-3m on him he'd be slated every time he plays.
Lucas gets bashed on here all the time but could any of you honestly say that Jay would get a call up to the Brazil squad let alone anywhere near the starting 11. There's less than a years difference in their ages and Jay will never be strong enough to play CM in the EPL.

Personally i'd seriously consider putting Jonjo as back up to Lucas & Raul from now on. Still a bit raw but deff more talented already than Jay and the less said about Poulson the better.
Shankly on boardroom meetings - 'At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.'

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9349/kkwt.jpg
Kopite25

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:30 pm

Kopite25 wrote:Spearing only gets ppls votes cos he's a local academy player. If we'd spent £2-3m on him he'd be slated every time he plays.
Lucas gets bashed on here all the time but could any of you honestly say that Jay would get a call up to the Brazil squad let alone anywhere near the starting 11. There's less than a years difference in their ages and Jay will never be strong enough to play CM in the EPL.

Personally i'd seriously consider putting Jonjo as back up to Lucas & Raul from now on. Still a bit raw but deff more talented already than Jay and the less said about Poulson the better.

I think that to an extent is right.

I would love Jay to make it being a local lad that's come through the acadamy.
He isnt good enough though, that's clear.
Lucas is a better player also, that is clear.

The thing is though we could make some money back from selling Lucas and probably wouldnt really from selling Jay.
That's why i stated i would keep Spearing.
The difference in the job they would do for the team isnt that great for me so why not bring some money in ?
Ben Patrick

Postby parchpea » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:08 pm

Can we not just play Gerrard and Meireles in the middle or even, God forbid, switch the formation. This way we can leave out 3 of our worst players, who happen to be holding midfielders, out of the side completely. Just get our best footballers on the pitch and take it from there, its not difficult but we are OBSESSED with the system under Rafa and Roy, its baffling.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion