This is the start - Of a run

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:56 am

4th is acceptable THIS SEASON!!

3rd would be very good this season.

2nd... top quality...

1st... unbelievable.

5th... very dissapointing.

Next season we should be looking at 2nd minimum.
115-1073096938

Postby A.B. » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:59 am

Is 3rd really a big improvement on 4th? Last season you lambasted Houllier for 4th place, and now youd settle for 3rd even with new improvements made to the team? Now you cant say -yes-but-they-need-time- to-settle-in....because chelsea also have a new manager and made changes too.  where is your self belief?

Um yes genius a new squad can't become first overnight like you think. Chelsea were second last year, they have built confidence already and reinforced their squad while we are starting from scratch, Rafa has a different job than Mourinho which is:

Rafa has to take players that were cast under Houlliers spell and show that they are quality players such as Finnan,etc..

Considering that we were 40 points behind Arsenal, anything less than 20 at 3rd place would be better than last season.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby shagasaurus80 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:19 am

Actually You are not starting from scratch. I believe Dudek,and Carragher and hypia and gerrard and kewell and finnan and Riise and Hamaan and Baros were all players under gerard Houllier :D  All Your manager is doing is changing Houlliers style of Play like wot The chelsea managers doing there  :p So you tell me where is the difference? The only thing you hope for is a higher finish than us....but soon youll see us BOUNCE past you -Boing Boing!  :D
Ps-stop referring to ARSENAL -you keep saying to me its a Liverpool board ...Oh no....hes going to Bounce againnnnn :laugh:
27 years just waiting for a chance to win a major trophy
Give silverwear a glance
For 27 years we've been living next door to city
CITY, WHO THE F*CK ARE CITY
shagasaurus80

Postby A.B. » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:31 am

shagasaurus80 wrote:Actually You are not starting from scratch. I believe Dudek,and Carragher and hypia and gerrard and kewell and finnan and Riise and Hamaan and Baros were all players under gerard Houllier :D  All Your manager is doing is changing Houlliers style of Play like wot The chelsea managers doing there  :p So you tell me where is the difference? The only thing you hope for is a higher finish than us....but soon youll see us BOUNCE past you -Boing Boing!  :D
Ps-stop referring to ARSENAL -you keep saying to me its a Liverpool board ...Oh no....hes going to Bounce againnnnn :laugh:

How old are you? 11,12, maybe 8?

Rafa is starting from scratch and here is why. We had a bad year last year, we played under Houlliers style which was not affective. Rafa inherits a team and he has to build a squad that is capable of having a good season every year.

Riise now is better than he was last year.

Carragher is better than he was last year.

Gerrard was great last year and now he is even greater. [thats why Chelsea wanted him, and Madrid wants him but they can't get him]

Baros was a sub, he never had more than one full game start. He had a great Euro and he has the potential of being a great player.

Hyypia has looked more solid this year than last year.

Dudek is still a bit shaky but he can improve if not we have Kirkland while you only have one descent keeper, whose actualy just as bad as Dudek.

This year we recieve new players. Alonso,Garcia,Nunez,Cisse and Josemi. All who have to get to know each other and the rest of the squad in order to play well. We were fourth last year so we have a lot of work to do while Chelsea was second and Abramovich wants the title so he bought the most epxencive players he could find including a great manager. Mourinho's objective is different than Benitez. Mourinho wants first place and Benitez wants to get LFC back in the top three.

Please bounce past us if you can. One win so far, against Norwich. While you were on the verge of losing the two draws that you played in both where you cheated. Against Blackburn Saha used his hand to pass the ball to Smith and Belion scored with his elbow against Bolton[I've seen the replay countless times and the only possibly way of scoring was to use your elbow because in the position Bellion was in, another cheat]

Why do I mention Arsenal? Because they are the champions after all, I've only mentioned them once or twice because you said you could get past them or was that your other Manchester friend.

If I cared about glory I would had been an Arsenal fan.

Let me make something clear to you, if you are thinking about becoming a fan of a different club go right ahead but I am not. I've been a fan through tough times like others and I will continue to be a fan forever. I don't want to explain things more than once but I will do it on more time.

Croatia tele showed=Spanish,Italian and German football, there was hardly anly English football. I began watching EPL when I saw Liverpool play. Whatever club I was fan in the past I am no longer a fan of. LET ME SPELL IT FOR YOU:

R-E-D 4 L-I-F-E!

YNWA.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:33 am

Whatever you throw at me I will throw right back, I will MAKE you eat your own words.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby shagasaurus80 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:49 am

Oh youre a telly fan  :laugh:  Yes so if as you say all these players are better,then thats going to make it easier for your boss. it doesnt answer my question.  Chelsea are in the exact same position as you-new manager and players,albeit better players but thats because you cant afford them. Benetiz inherited the 4th best team in the premiership...Hes also improved this team ...so is 3rd a vast improvement on 4th?
Do You honestly think Your Manager is Buying with his sights on top 3? If he is -how is he any different than Houllier!
Give silverwear a glance
shagasaurus80

Postby A.B. » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:58 am

Do You honestly think Your Manager is Buying with his sights on top 3? If he is -how is he any different than Houllier!

I think he has proven that he is better than Houllier look at his record, his tactics. A huge difference between him and Houllier.

Chelsea buyed the players they needed before the season began, they started geling with each other before we did.

While our players were surrounded by speculation about Owen,Gerrard,etc...

That put pressure on the players, at that point of time we only had two players. The only geling that was done was between Baros,Cisse and Owen during the tour in America.

Owen speculation extended into this season and then we recieved Alonso,Garcia and Nunez. So basicaly we have to gel more than Chelsea right now, and what makes it harder is that it is during the Premiership. While Chelsea have done so during all their games in pre-season.

Thats what makes Chelsea and Liverpool different as far as a new manager and squad is concerned.
Last edited by A.B. on Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby shagasaurus80 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:13 am

well if chelsea can gel in a few pre-season games -it shouldnt take you long either  :D
Give silverwear a glance
shagasaurus80

Postby azriahmad » Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:28 am

(supersub @ Sep. 16 2004,22:31
yeah there's a turn up..next we'll have stu claiming Baros is the best forward he has ever seen!

You guys are really funny!LOL.

But sometimes, you can be cruel as well...I love this forum!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:14 am

Hustlers Revenge wrote:I think, we'll finish above the mancs anyway, possibly chelsea, as they have had a lot of change too. possibly second. the loss to bolton was only down to alonso and garcia starting thier debuts and not bedding in properly.

You obviously didn't see the Bolton game then.  ???

Last week you were slating the team, 2 wins and now you're back on the bandwagon.

There is no way we'll finish ahead of Chelsea, and we'd be doing extremely well to finish ahead of Mn UTD.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:15 am

shagasaurus80 wrote:Oh youre a telly fan  :laugh:  Yes so if as you say all these players are better,then thats going to make it easier for your boss. it doesnt answer my question.  Chelsea are in the exact same position as you-new manager and players,albeit better players but thats because you cant afford them. Benetiz inherited the 4th best team in the premiership...Hes also improved this team ...so is 3rd a vast improvement on 4th?

if we finished 3rd 10 points off the champions that would be a very good season, that would be a 20 point improvement on last season, not bad in my book.

and btw shagasaurus how can a manc tell us what is good and bad for OUR club? focus on manure.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:18 am

shagasaurus80 wrote:well if chelsea can gel in a few pre-season games -it shouldnt take you long either  :D

Chelsea still hasn't gelled completely but they have done more geling then we have because we signed players during the season.

Like LFC said why are you telling us whats good and what isn't. It's like me telling you that Man buying Rooney was a bad move.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby laza » Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:46 am

i have a hard time believing that ****** is truly a MANC , the amount of time spent on this forum discussing the Pool is extremely un-natural
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:52 am

for crying out loud how come you cant say S.h.a.g.........everybody knows its a sea bird :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shagasaurus80 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:43 pm

I am Man u through and through. But My Dad,and brothers are Members on here  :blush:  not to mention this forums growing reputation -I have friends on here too and plus Ab would miss me dearly  :laugh:
Give silverwear a glance
shagasaurus80

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion