Spearing must start over poulson.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby syma76 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:33 pm

why do we need a holding midfielder in our formation since lucas/poulsen cant do that job. i prefer we just put both cm/am pairing in the middle. or else put an extra central defender. 5-3-2/5-4-1.
syma76

Postby Zidane » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:17 pm

I wouldn't have Spearing anywhere near the first team, he only looks good against second rate opposition.  I wouldn't trust him against prem teams.
Zidane

Postby Bretc » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:30 pm

Honestly speaking, it's not gonna make any difference. There's nothing in the Napoli game to suggest we'll get anything from the Blackburn game. Even though we drew 0-0, we never look like winning the game cos we never even bother to attack, or rather we've forgotten how to attack! Yes, our big players will be back this sunday but when we've got a loser as our manager, that's not gonna make any difference at all! Never has I seen a manager as lost and useless as Hodgson! For God's sake, for the fans' sake, he should just get the :censored: off!!!!!!!!
Bretc

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:43 pm

I think we are desperately clutching at straws, such is our midfield problem if we think in all seriousness Spearing would solve our dilemma, surely the solution was there for all to see on Thursday night ... Shelvey and Meireles centre  and Gerrard on the flanks .....if  Gerrard was deployed in this position it would compress the play further up the pitch ,and stop him dropping back so deep which he has developed an annoying habit of doing as of late ..... but Spearing ..... I don't think he is the answer to our ills
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:54 pm

Spearing??

He's a tidy little player but basically not good enough.  I like his attitude but technically he's not a good enough player to be playing regularly for us.

Poulsen has been awful though, absolutely shocking, and Lucas has had several seasons to prove he's not good enough either.

To think we went from having the best central midfield pairing in the league (Alonso and Mascherano) to this.  Incidentally I was at the Nou Camp for the Copenhagen game on Wednesday and Mascherano was outstanding for them. 

I think the way to go is Meireles/Gerrard in the middle.  Playing Gerrard in a more advanced role doesn't work when the team is playing too poorly to get the ball to him and when Torres is playing so badly that he's incapable of making the ball stick up front.  It just makes Gerrard too isolated.  For now he needs to be playing deeper and get on the ball and get us going.

Ship Poulsen out in January though, he's been a really bad signing imo.  Once we get a few replacements in I'd then get rid of Lucas in the summer, I'm sick of saying it but the lad is just not good enough.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:26 am

We dont have holding midfielders or wingers, not a one worthy of taking to the field, so cut them out. Just put our best players on the park thats all i ask and take it from there. We have to much dead wood to try any longer with a failed system and footballers incapable of playing it so put our top lads out there and let them get the job done.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Waldo » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:12 pm

How do we know Spearing isn't good enough if he isn't getting a fair crack of the whip and minutes on the pitch?? Give the lad a chance in front of Lucas and Poulson, play him alongside Gerrard in CM with Meireles, Cole and Jovanovic in front of them and Torres up front!!
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion