Shut up jose - What u on about u crazy t******

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Hotrod » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:07 am

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has cast doubt on Liverpool's title aspirations, claiming he fears Arsenal and Manchester United more due to 'the quality of their football'.

The Blues boss has had a long-running feud with Reds counterpart Rafa Benitez, spurred in part by defeats to the Anfield outfit in both the UEFA Champions League and FA Cup semi-finals over the past two seasons.

Many have tipped Liverpool to have a strong presence in the Premiership title race this season after a busy summer in the transfer market, but Mourinho says he is not convinced of their quality.

The Portuguese boss, renowned for his mastery of mind games, says Sir Alex Ferguson's purchase of Michael Carrick, which has been labelled as too expensive in some quarters, and Arsene Wenger's addition of Tomas Rosicky means both Arsenal and United will be stronger in the coming campaign.

Moreover Mourinho, whilst praising Liverpool for their defensive rigidity, also aimed a dig at Benitez's style as he claimed The Reds' approach could leave them lagging behind their rivals.

"I still believe that Man United and Arsenal will be the biggest threat, in spite of the fact Arsenal finished fourth and Liverpool third. They will still be the better teams," said Mourinho.

"I say that because of the quality of their football, the way they play, the improvements in their squads.

"Man United will improve a lot by having Michael Carrick. He's a very, very good player and he will improve them.

"United have had some problems since Roy Keane went to Celtic. But they have already a very good team and don't need 10 players to improve their team, they just choose the right players for the right position.

"It's the right choice to get Michael Carrick. He's a big improvement for them and I think they can be a very strong team.

"Arsenal were not successful in The Premiership but had success, you can say that because they reached the final of the Champions League playing always very good football.

"They have a very good group of players, and some young players with great motivation.

"Rosicky is also a very important player for them and can bring them the kind of quality - I don't want to compare him to Dennis Bergkamp because he was more than special - but Rosicky can bring that kind of quality to the left side. I think they are a very strong team.

"Liverpool are different. They are very competitive, it's very difficult to beat them. If they score a goal before you score it's very difficult to change it because they defend really well with 11 players very, very compact.

"They are tactically very good. And they are potentially fighting for the front pack but I still fancy more the way Manchester United and Arsenal play football."

To me this just shows how scared he is off us. I mean come on Arseanl and United are good signings but come on, is Carrick really that good, I just cant wait to see his face when we kick there :censored: in the charity shield come on Jose show us  what you got u :censored:
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby joko » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:13 am

wow!, it's surprising!

that you bother to put it here in a new thread
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby Effes » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:15 am

It's blatant mind-games.

You can see him coming a mile away.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:22 am

Effes wrote:.You can see him coming a mile away.

Surely his d'icks not that big ?    :D

Can't see what the fuss is about . He thinks other teams will do better than us , so what ? He hasn't exactley rubbished us .

Get over it .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby anti-hero » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:23 am

And the mind games start.

He just cant stand the fact that we have beaten him when it matters the most. He knows Rafa is on to him and I guess he's found out that he's not the only one that can play a mind game.

The F.A Cup Semi was a perfect example. He paid more attention to Rafa's tactics and played (I think it was Ferreira) against Kewell. Kewell tore him to shreds and the rest is in the history books.

He has acknowledged that we are THE threat to Chelsea's crown and thats why the mind games have come to play so early in the season.

And who the fuck cares if he fancies Manchester's or Arsenal's football better??

I bet Rafa is at Melwood right now laughing at that whore.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:30 am

I'm not bothered to what he is saying. I'm assuming he is sh*tting his pants now that Liverpool got 5 quality signings.

Maureen is scared! really scared of Liverpool, I know he got the runs!  :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:30 am

What a load of non-sense, it just shows me that he's crapping his pants because of the players we've signed this summer. I don't expect Rafa to get drawn into these petty mind games. If that is his real opinion then he knows even less about football than I do.

Manchester  United haven't replaced Roy Keane with Michael Carrick. Carrick is nothing like Roy Keane, he's not even in the same ilk, he doesn't protect the back four all that well and doesn't get stuck in like Makelele, Hamann, Sissoko and anyone of that ilk. You only have to go over to the Man Utd forums to see that they don't believe Carrick will be anything like Roy Keane and want to sign Argentina's Mascherano.

They've also lost there twenty goals a season striker in Ruud Van Nistelrooy, will they replace him in time of the new season? I don't know but I can't see it. A strike force consisting of Saha, Rooney, Solskjaer, Smith and Rossi isn't the most promosing and I really can't understand why Fergie expects Rossi to score most of the goals this season.

As for Arsenal, they haven't replaced a number of players so I really can't see them challenging this season. They haven't replaced indispensable players like Campbell, Pires and Vieria. There defence consists of Senderos and Cygan.   :D

However the transfer window is still open for another month or so and you can never count Arsenal and especially United out of anything, but Mourinho's talking c.rap and he seems he's afraid and hasn't got the faith in his players if he has to resort to mind games.
48-1119859832

Postby CardinalRed » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:46 am

Mourinho's gotta be the most obvious out there when it comes to press conferences.... Thinks to himself, "what can I say to stir them up back home while we're out here in La La land playing the mighty MLS Allstars!"
"I know, I'll have a pop at that bunch with all the League Titles and the European Cups..."
Your'e getting boring Jose, and everyone here knows it... Concentrate on your own team, if Lampard carries his World Cup form into this season you'll be looking to replace him in January!
I see Ballack turned up today with his Jose haircut and they don't even know where Gallas is.... Quality!!! :sleep
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:48 am

woof woof ! wrote:

Can't see what the fuss is about . He thinks other teams will do better than us , so what ? He hasn't exactley rubbished us .

Get over it .

maybe he has a point woof :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:55 am

Judge wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

Get over it .

:D  What happened to your "Divers" thread??
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mitch22 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:58 am

Judge wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

Get over it .

this caption is hilarious no matter how many times i see it
Liverpool are magic Everton are ..... :censored:
mitch22

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:29 am

I'm not bothered the fact he keeps talking about us just goes to show how worried he is.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flipmode » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:47 am

mitch22 wrote:
Judge wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

Get over it .

this caption is hilarious no matter how many times i see it

LOL!  :laugh:
ImageImageImageImage
flipmode
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:00 pm

Judge wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

Get over it .

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :bowdown

That is bloody brilliant  :D
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby azriahmad » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:12 pm

He had grudgingly admitted that "Liverpool are different. They are very competitive, it's very difficult to beat them. If they score a goal before you score it's very difficult to change it because they defend really well with 11 players very, very compact.

"They are tactically very good. And they are potentially fighting for the front pack but I still fancy more the way Manchester United and Arsenal play football."

This contradicts his the opening report by the journalist that he dismissed Liverpool's chances. Of all Chelsea's 3 big rivals, you can see that he was clearly at loggerheads with Wenger and Arsenal, more because of envy I believe because the football Arsenal plays is beyond Chelsea. With Manure, he is a bit more respectful of Fergie because Fergie has been at Unitef dor 20 years and had ammassed qhite a trophy collection.

This brings us to Rafa Benitez and Liverpool. Mourinho is clearly peeved by Benitez and perhaps the more widespread acknowledgements and compliments saying that Rafa is "tactically brilliant" whereas his successes at Chelsea, people tend to point out the Abramovich. Also, Rafa and Liverpool have proven to be difficult opponents, he himself admitted, and had beaten Chelsea in the big games that mattered. The hostility at Benitez is born out of a grudging acknowledgement that Rafa and his Liverpool team are a capable lot, despite having a much smaller war chest and less quality players than his own squad.

He fears Rafa and Liverpool, the same way he fears Frank Rijkaard and Barca. If you noticed, his reactions to both Liverpool and Barca are similar - with pure contempt because he is threatened.

He's a pr!ck...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion