Arbeloa - Shut up you divvy

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:30 pm

arbeloa having a laugh here   :D we have always been bigger than the beatles

i got this from football365 and it mentions the s*n, i hope he didnt speak to that rag and they  picked the quotes up from elsewhere

-------------------------------------------------------------

Liverpool defender Alvaro Arbeloa believes the current side will be more famous than The Beatles if they win the Premier League and Champions League.

The Reds have rekindled their hopes of winning the Premier League in the last couple of weeks by closing the gap on leaders Manchester United to just a single point.

Liverpool are also through the quarter-finals of the Uefa Champions League, where another meeting with Chelsea awaits them.

Arbeloa insists confidence is high in the Anfield camp that they can go all the way in both competitions and singled out the 4-1 win over Manchester United as the turning point in their campaign.

"This team is on the way to becoming more famous than The Beatles," Arbeloa is quoted as saying in The Sun.

"There are many weeks of emotion awaiting us in the Champions League and Premier League and this season could end up being historic for us.

"We are developing a sensational game and now all the pressure is on United. I believe they could fail and we are ready for that moment."

Arbeloa added: "Our objective is to win all our league games between now and the end of the season. It is a difficult task but not impossible now our morale's improved so much.

"That triumph at Old Trafford really increased our desire to be the champions."

The Spanish international conceded he would have preferred to have avoided Chelsea in the Champions League draw, but he has no fears over locking horns with Guus Hiddink's side.and he admits Benitez's new deal has given everyone in the squad a spring in their step.

"We didn't desire Chelsea and would have preferred not to have drawn an English rival," noted Arbeloa. "My dream was to play Bayern Munich or Barcelona. But I still insist we are the favourites.

"Since the arrival of Guus Hiddink, the Blues have improved. But Champions League games are different and we manage these kind of situations better.

Arbeloa also admits Rafa Benitez's new deal has given everyone in the squad an extra spring in their step.

"From our point of view, Rafa's new deal was very important," said Arbeloa. "He may appear to be too serious for many people but that's not what the players think. He is a coach whose only desire is to obtain the maximum from everybody and, under him, I feel like I am the best player in Spain.

"We are happy he is staying because the news means continuity and generates calm and confidence as we go about our work."
112-1077774096

Postby Sir Roger » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:34 pm

peewee wrote:arbeloa having a laugh here   :D we have always been bigger than the beatles

i got this from football365 and it mentions the s*n, i hope he didnt speak to that rag and they  picked the quotes up from elsewhere

-------------------------------------------------------------

Liverpool defender Alvaro Arbeloa believes the current side will be more famous than The Beatles if they win the Premier League and Champions League.

The Reds have rekindled their hopes of winning the Premier League in the last couple of weeks by closing the gap on leaders Manchester United to just a single point.

Liverpool are also through the quarter-finals of the Uefa Champions League, where another meeting with Chelsea awaits them.

Arbeloa insists confidence is high in the Anfield camp that they can go all the way in both competitions and singled out the 4-1 win over Manchester United as the turning point in their campaign.

"This team is on the way to becoming more famous than The Beatles," Arbeloa is quoted as saying in The Sun.

"There are many weeks of emotion awaiting us in the Champions League and Premier League and this season could end up being historic for us.

"We are developing a sensational game and now all the pressure is on United. I believe they could fail and we are ready for that moment."

Arbeloa added: "Our objective is to win all our league games between now and the end of the season. It is a difficult task but not impossible now our morale's improved so much.

"That triumph at Old Trafford really increased our desire to be the champions."

The Spanish international conceded he would have preferred to have avoided Chelsea in the Champions League draw, but he has no fears over locking horns with Guus Hiddink's side.and he admits Benitez's new deal has given everyone in the squad a spring in their step.

"We didn't desire Chelsea and would have preferred not to have drawn an English rival," noted Arbeloa. "My dream was to play Bayern Munich or Barcelona. But I still insist we are the favourites.

"Since the arrival of Guus Hiddink, the Blues have improved. But Champions League games are different and we manage these kind of situations better.

Arbeloa also admits Rafa Benitez's new deal has given everyone in the squad an extra spring in their step.

"From our point of view, Rafa's new deal was very important," said Arbeloa. "He may appear to be too serious for many people but that's not what the players think. He is a coach whose only desire is to obtain the maximum from everybody and, under him, I feel like I am the best player in Spain.

"We are happy he is staying because the news means continuity and generates calm and confidence as we go about our work."

Hmmmm
I dont like it when players spout off to the media
I prefer a steady response and not one that will rile the mancs or chelsea into ramming those words down our throats
I have noticed a few players letting themselves go recently and wish they would shut their traps
I seem to remember we had something like this when we were top around christmas.
Look what happened then...
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:45 pm

Leave him alone he is only trying to keep the happy vibe going ffs. :cool:

Also who did the original interview? He wasn't speaking to the S*n directly was he?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:48 pm

bavlondon wrote:Leave him alone he is only trying to keep the happy vibe going ffs. :cool:

Also who did the original interview? He wasn't speaking to the S*n directly was he?

Ive got no problem with the happy vibe
I dont like players shooting their mouth off about our rivals
It comes back and bites you on the ars.e
:nod
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:24 pm

Hear ! Hear !
The less said the better, don't tempt fate and all those old cliches....concentrate on yer game there, Barbie
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby loopyliverpool » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:18 pm

You have to read between the line guys. He isn't slagging off anyone and the Beatles thing was probably meant to be tongue in cheek. I do agree we shouldn't be getting ahead of ourselves, Man U are still odds on for the League and favourites for the Champions League. But what's the big deal about one of our players enthusing about the current form of the team - we've just thrashed the two biggest teams in the world and should enjoy it. If, God forbid, things turn tits up, we can still look back at the last three victories with a huge amount of pride and satisfaction. Enjoy it while you can I say and lets hope it lasts all the way to Rome cos the next few months are going to be amazing.
loopyliverpool

Postby Sir Roger » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:24 pm

loopyliverpool wrote:You have to read between the line guys. He isn't slagging off anyone and the Beatles thing was probably meant to be tongue in cheek. I do agree we shouldn't be getting ahead of ourselves, Man U are still odds on for the League and favourites for the Champions League. But what's the big deal about one of our players enthusing about the current form of the team - we've just thrashed the two biggest teams in the world and should enjoy it. If, God forbid, things turn tits up, we can still look back at the last three victories with a huge amount of pride and satisfaction. Enjoy it while you can I say and lets hope it lasts all the way to Rome cos the next few months are going to be amazing.

I would rather the players take the line that Gerrard seems to take: "Man U still best team, probably win all their games, great players etc"
I just have a fear that when our players start boasting and challenging the likes of the mancs it gives fergie something to wind his players up with.
Keep it simple and short.
We all know what needs to be done from both sides in order for us to win it
Lets not get carried away
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:16 pm

I agree boasting is not good but It doesn't seem to me Arbeloa is trying to boast...

The lad is simply sending a message, that Manchester *could* fail. And that message seems to be important, as Manchester United seemed unvincible, but once the other teams can see they're vulnerable that might mean more fight against them.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:47 pm

I reckon it was a p1ss take, a slant on the Beatles 'we are bigger than Jesus line'
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:51 pm

Boocity wrote:I reckon it was a p1ss take, a slant on the Beatles 'we are bigger than Jesus line'

That one? just a píss take and an spanish expression. When we want to tell something is very good we make a comparison. But the point is not really to compare, but just stressing you're good tht day.

That is, it's perfectly normal to say in a football match in your neighbourhood, "I'm better than Zidane", but you know perfectly you're not, you're just stressing you're playing well that day. Tongue in cheek.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:58 am

Sabre wrote:I agree boasting is not good but It doesn't seem to me Arbeloa is trying to boast...

The lad is simply sending a message, that Manchester *could* fail. And that message seems to be important, as Manchester United seemed unvincible, but once the other teams can see they're vulnerable that might mean more fight against them.

Granted
But its a fine line and Ive seen it crossed before...
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:09 am

Sir Roger wrote:
Sabre wrote:I agree boasting is not good but It doesn't seem to me Arbeloa is trying to boast...

Granted
But its a fine line and Ive seen it crossed before...

Yep, that's true and worth commenting.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:33 am

Is a funny article, tongue in cheek. Shows others that we are relaxed, brilliant if you ask me.

Anyone who takes what he said seriously must be quite slow ni the brain department.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:36 am

I got nothing wrong with them being confident. As long as they don't get complacent.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RobinHood6969 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:23 pm

Yeah no more room for compalcency, just do your work and enjoy the season break with the trophies
RobinHood6969

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion