Shut up jose - What u on about u crazy t******

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GOAT » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:33 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Well, I'm shocked.  Former Toffee and general know-nothing Andy Gray has backed up Jose Mourinho's comments about our title chances this season.  Will wonders never cease?   :angry:

'Jose's Right About Toothless Reds'

A lot of the bookies might have Liverpool as the favourites to get closest to Chelsea this season, but I just don't see that at all. I agree with Jose, it's Manchester United and Arsenal who pose the biggest threat, and although Liverpool might move closer, I think they're still playing catch-up.

They've proved they're a difficult team to beat but they draw too many games to be a threat over a Premiership season - they've yet to find the perfect combination between tightness at the back and the attacking verve to break down defences. Maybe they'll find that this season, but I fear it may take a little longer.

Rafa Benitez has addressed the major problems from last season - the lack of a genuine right-sided midfielder who would look to get crosses in the box rather than always look inside, and a striker who can stretch defences.

They have filled those gaps with Jermaine Pennant and Craig Bellamy, two players who arrive with reputations for off-field problems. But they would have to be stark-raving bonkers to mess up this chance at a fantastic club, and I would be amazed if they do. They might arrive with question marks over their characters, but Liverpool fans are football fans and they will judge them on what they do on the pitch.

They have been handed a brilliant opportunity at a fantastic club and they would be stupid to do anything to jeopardise that. They have the chance to earn themselves utter adulation from the Kop if they perform, and if they help Liverpool to challenge for the title again, they will become legends amongst those fans. What fool would mess that up?

But for me, they will struggle to get anywhere near Chelsea, because you just wonder where the goals are going to come from in that team. Peter Crouch has a lot to prove at this level, Robbie Fowler has obviously seen better days and Craig Bellamy's 13 goals in the Premiership last season was his best-ever haul.

It's a rare title-challenging side that doesn't have a 20-goal player, and for Liverpool to expect Steven Gerrard to be that player is a little optimistic I think. He looked jaded this summer and I just can't see him having that sort of season again.

No, I'd have to say that United in particular are still ahead of them, especially with the signing of Michael Carrick, the potential arrival of Marcos Senna and the return of Paul Scholes to strengthen the centre of midfield. That had to be the number-one priority this summer, and I think if the business ends there, Sir Alex will be happy to shut the wallet and wait until January.

The only player he's lost is Ruud van Nistelrooy, and if that keeps Cristiano Ronaldo at the club, Sir Alex will be happy. Anyone who thought he would get rid of that kid is barking mad, you don't sell one of the best five young players in Europe.

As it is, they're a striker down, but they do have Wayne Rooney, Louis Saha, Guiseppe Rossi and Alan Smith, who knows how to finish. If they could get in somebody with experience who didn't cost the earth, then fair enough, but I don't think United fans should be too perturbed about starting the season with the current squad.

Arsenal also have reasons to be cheerful. They needed to keep hold of Thierry Henry and Cesc Fabregas and that's what they did, while adding Tomas Rosicky for extra legs after losing the flagging Robert Pires. Alexander Hleb and Emmanuel Adebayor will also be better for having had a bit of time to adjust to the Premiership - all in all, Gunners can look forward to this season whatever happens with Ashley Cole.

Chelsea will of course take a bit of catching, but we have to believe they can be caught. They might not like to hear that it's time for a change, but I think it's fair to say that all neutrals hope that we get a proper title race this season - hopefully down to the last weekend. I hope so, Sky certainly hope so and I suspect the majority of you lot do too...

Link to the original Football365 column here

Yeah i read that the other day, theres another know nothing bellend
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby kazza » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:15 pm

Having already dismissed Liverpool's title credentials, Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has stepped up the psychological warfare ahead of Sunday's Community Shield clash.

Mourinho claims The Reds should start the match as favourites against his charges, who he concedes are at 'just 50 per cent of their quality'.

The number of Blues players on World Cup duty coupled with a grueling pre-season schedule has had Mourinho lamenting his side's preparation for their title defence.

The Portuguese claiming Liverpool will start the match as favourites - and failure to win could even compromise the confidence of Rafa Benitez's team.

"They will feel that they are in much better condition than Chelsea, so they have to win the game," said Mourinho.

"If they lose against a Chelsea side at just 50 percent of their quality, that could affect their confidence ahead of the Premiership season."

"Every other team - even the ones not competing for the Premiership - have been working for more than a month.

"They will all start the Premiership on fire and we are not in the same condition.

"I just have to hope that the quality we have on the pitch will be enough to get us through."

I tell you what, if he does leave Chelsea I'll miss him because he really is good for a laugh (whether he means it or not)
:laugh: :laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:13 pm

0asis wrote:
Kash_Mountain wrote:What else but scared. Maureen should know better, Rafa B is king of mind games.

Erm Rafa doesn't play any as far as I'm aware.

Precisely my point. He doesn't play any but Mungo being Mungo doesn't know that.  :)

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby onizukaeikichi » Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:40 pm

mourinho is gay
onizukaeikichi

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion