Owen shut your gob

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:46 am

Hes gone now and he hasnt helped us this season by leaving so I wish he would keep his bloody mouth shut :angry: , we need this like a hole head, he must be deffo be filling stevie with pish that life there is this that and the bloody other, you done the dirty on us Michael without coming out in public dont be making stevie do the same, he wernt to quick telling stevie he was going tho was he ???

Simon Talbot in Madrid
Saturday October 30, 2004
The Guardian

Michael Owen did little to ease the fears of Liverpool fans yesterday when he admitted that his former team-mate Steven Gerrard had shown great interest in Real Madrid amid reports that the Spanish club are interested in making him their latest galàctico .
Speculation in the Spanish media has suggested that Madrid, who have been in desperate need of a defensive midfielder since the departure of Claude Makélélé, are keeping tabs on Gerrard with an eye to a move next summer.

Owen claimed that he had "not seen" the reports and insisted: "I wouldn't want to say anything that would annoy the Liverpool fans." He did, though, admit: "It would be very nice for him to be linked with such a big club."

While he would not be drawn on the speculation, Owen did reveal that his former team-mate has maintained a keen interest since his own £8m move in the summer. "When I scored the first goal I picked up the phone and there were about 20 messages - and Steven was one of them," he added. "That was nice of him and shows that he is interested."

The England striker will retain his place in the side when Madrid face Getafe at the Bernabéu on Sunday night, having scored three times in as many games. He followed up his goalscoring Champions League debut against Dynamo Kiev 10 days ago with the only goal against Valencia in the league and scored again in a 2-1 win over Leganés in the Copa del Rey.

"Joining Real was a massive challenge for me and lots of people doubted what I was doing and what the president was doing signing me, but I was always confident that I would be successful. Thankfully, I've shown I can play football a little bit," Owen said.

Advertiser links
Tsmfootball.com
Football kits TSM sports, complete 15 set kits including...

tsmfootball.com

Blue Moon Football Kits
Football kits, tracksuits and training wear for club sides....

bluemoonsport.co.uk

Discount Football Team Kits
Buy quality football team kits, trophies, footballs and...

discountfootballkits.co.uk
"It's nice to score three goals and I feel more part of the team now. It's difficult to say whether or not I have improved as I player, but I believe that I can offer more for the team still. This is just the start."

It is not just about Madrid, though, and Owen accepted the risks he was taking at international level by joining a side where Raúl and Ronaldo stood before him in the pecking order. Indeed, he sought the advice of Sven-Goran Eriksson before moving to Spain.

"I spoke to Sven a couple of days before it was made public that I was signing for Real Madrid," he said. "He was very pleased for me; he said it would be a massive challenge and told me there were no problems on his side. I knew that if I wasn't playing regularly I couldn't expect to do so for England and I said that when I wasn't getting into the side here. At the moment everything's looking good, although I know that if I lose my place there will be questions again."
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfused » Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:11 am

I think it just goes to prove that now footballers are more driven by money than loyalty to the club.

I think while the game is driven by money you can't blame the players and as costs spiral upwards it is the fans that ultimately pay the bill. :(
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:38 am

Geez talk about a contradiction of words

"I wouldn't want to say anything that would annoy the Liverpool fans."

"Michael Owen did little to ease the fears of Liverpool fans yesterday when he admitted that his former team-mate Steven Gerrard had shown great interest in Real Madrid amid reports that the Spanish club are interested in making him their latest galàctico "
"It would be very nice for him to be linked with such a big club."
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:02 am

Its like this though you cant make a player stay if he no longer is 100% commited to the club and we wouldnt want a player like that either, so far we have been doing well without gerrard I think weve only really missed him in out CL games, if we could get 30 mill for him to strengthen the squad in other places it wouldnt be so bad, even though I do want him to stay theres no one id love more to see than Gerrard holding the league trophey :)
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:05 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:While he would not be drawn on the speculation, Owen did "When I scored the first goal I picked up the phone and there were about 20 messages - and Steven was one of them," he added. "That was nice of him and shows that he is interested."

wat has congratulating owen on scoring his 1st goal had to do with being intrested in joining real madrid ?  ???

You're rite. Owen has to shut up. Not everyone is lining up to join real madrid.......
Last edited by The_Rock on Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:23 am

The_Rock wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:While he would not be drawn on the speculation, Owen did "When I scored the first goal I picked up the phone and there were about 20 messages - and Steven was one of them," he added. "That was nice of him and shows that he is interested."

wat has congratulating owen on scoring his 1st goal had to do with being intrested in joining real madrid ?  ???

You're rite. Owen has to shut up. Not everyone is lining up to join real madrid.......

One can only imagine what owen is really saying to stevie you can picture it now oh come here its great weathers good lovely villas and we are all up each others a.rses :p

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:45 am

Gee what difference a couple of goals & weeks make...he was sh1tting for his future awhile ago and now he's the unofficial cheerleader/recruiter for Real? This from the man who told the club/fans who nature/support him since he's a kid that he is commited to Liverpool cause but will like to win throphy, play CL football etc...that he will sort out his contract when (fill in the blank).
Just when we are turning to a bright new chapter he deserted the ship. I know a lot of you still have a soft spot for him but when a person (footballer or otherwise) betrayed me, I am not so forgiving, whether your name is Owen / Gerrard or otherwise. Players can choose to come and go but I hope the board has woke up from it's slumber and make sure we put an appropriate price tag on each player on our book.
Now here's to Owen not scoring for the next 3~6 months and dropped to train with the U21, get booed off the pitch by the unforgiving Madrid crowd and beg for Bolton/Boro to get him out from his misery. He will then find my message..."see told you so, St.Judas. Serve you right"
Let's hope we get to meet Real in CL soon...
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:09 am

Yeah! Owens words make my stomach wretch.I have every faith in Steven Gerrard laughing out loud, sticking with us and relishing the prospect of playing with Alonso and the new Liverpool for the future.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby miniman » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:19 am

It would be devastating if we lost Stevie G, no ifs or buts. Owen should Feck aff and leave us alone just because he has just realised that he has made a big mistake and he is trying to save his ******.
"Football is not a matter of life and death, it's much more important than that"
miniman

Postby wee_boi888 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:03 pm

The message from gerrard was probably a congratulations note, as any ex captain would probably do. It only shows the respectability and class of gerrard to do that.

As for Owen...to connotate a message like that is just shameless in my oppinion.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:12 pm

wee_boi888 wrote:The message from gerrard was probably a congratulations note, as any ex captain would probably do. It only shows the respectability and class of gerrard to do that.

As for Owen...to connotate a message like that is just shameless in my oppinion.

:D I dont think he txt Heskey to congratulate him on his first goal  :;):

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:19 pm

I think its probably a given that Stevie will leave within a couple of years. Most of the fans would think that in their heart of hearts. Thats the way modern football is unfortunately.
Given that, I'm not too disappointed that RM, Chelski and Manure are continually monitoring his progress. As long as he doesn't eventually go to Manure, at least it means we will get proper money for him. I've said before on here that for Gerrard, as long as we sell him mid-contract the price should exceed fifty million.
Please don't slag me for saying all this lads, I'd love him to stay as much as the next man. Just can't see it happening long-term.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfused » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:34 pm

If he does leave everyone is now likely to blame MO!

I know I keep harping on about it but its all about money, when we go to work we try and mazimise what we earn then why not footballers. I know players who come from a city have a special relationship with the club and its the fans loyalty vs money.

How does the song go "money talkin".
Last edited by kindaconfused on Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:43 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Hes gone now and he hasnt helped us this season by leaving so I wish he would keep his bloody mouth shut :angry: , we need this like a hole head, he must be deffo be filling stevie with pish that life there is this that and the bloody other, you done the dirty on us Michael without coming out in public dont be making stevie do the same, he wernt to quick telling stevie he was going tho was he ???

Simon Talbot in Madrid
Saturday October 30, 2004
The Guardian

Michael Owen did little to ease the fears of Liverpool fans yesterday when he admitted that his former team-mate Steven Gerrard had shown great interest in Real Madrid amid reports that the Spanish club are interested in making him their latest galàctico .
Speculation in the Spanish media has suggested that Madrid, who have been in desperate need of a defensive midfielder since the departure of Claude Makélélé, are keeping tabs on Gerrard with an eye to a move next summer.

Owen claimed that he had "not seen" the reports and insisted: "I wouldn't want to say anything that would annoy the Liverpool fans." He did, though, admit: "It would be very nice for him to be linked with such a big club."

While he would not be drawn on the speculation, Owen did reveal that his former team-mate has maintained a keen interest since his own £8m move in the summer. "When I scored the first goal I picked up the phone and there were about 20 messages - and Steven was one of them," he added. "That was nice of him and shows that he is interested."

The England striker will retain his place in the side when Madrid face Getafe at the Bernabéu on Sunday night, having scored three times in as many games. He followed up his goalscoring Champions League debut against Dynamo Kiev 10 days ago with the only goal against Valencia in the league and scored again in a 2-1 win over Leganés in the Copa del Rey.

"Joining Real was a massive challenge for me and lots of people doubted what I was doing and what the president was doing signing me, but I was always confident that I would be successful. Thankfully, I've shown I can play football a little bit," Owen said.

Advertiser links
Tsmfootball.com
Football kits TSM sports, complete 15 set kits including...

tsmfootball.com

Blue Moon Football Kits
Football kits, tracksuits and training wear for club sides....

bluemoonsport.co.uk

Discount Football Team Kits
Buy quality football team kits, trophies, footballs and...

discountfootballkits.co.uk
"It's nice to score three goals and I feel more part of the team now. It's difficult to say whether or not I have improved as I player, but I believe that I can offer more for the team still. This is just the start."

It is not just about Madrid, though, and Owen accepted the risks he was taking at international level by joining a side where Raúl and Ronaldo stood before him in the pecking order. Indeed, he sought the advice of Sven-Goran Eriksson before moving to Spain.

"I spoke to Sven a couple of days before it was made public that I was signing for Real Madrid," he said. "He was very pleased for me; he said it would be a massive challenge and told me there were no problems on his side. I knew that if I wasn't playing regularly I couldn't expect to do so for England and I said that when I wasn't getting into the side here. At the moment everything's looking good, although I know that if I lose my place there will be questions again."

The fukn little welsh t******.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby gabbyh » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:47 pm

Here's me feeling sorry for Michael. Not now. He should keep his gob shut. Why did he have to say he doesn't want to upset Liverpool Fans? Then have the nerve to say how nice it would be for Steven G to be at Real with him. He insults Liverpool by saying that Steven would want to go to a big club and win things. Liverpool have had a barren run for the last 14 years, but I am now getting the feeling that if we as fans are patient Rafa will deliver the goods. If Liverpool was such an insignificant club, I doubt Michael Owen would have got as far as he has. If Liverpool wasn't a BIG club, they would not have been able to afford his £35,000+/month wages. His memory is very short.
gabbyh

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion