Search for a new manager

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:23 pm

What happened to the Nagelsmann rumors? I'm sure I read a while ago that he was a candidate also.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:54 am

All I know is that the one we get, is the one we're not talking about.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:03 pm

Edwards needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat here, he needs to start trying to convince Jürgen and his staff to stay, Now Alonso is out of the running and given the names left this upcoming summer is clearly not the best time to be changing our entire managerial and coaching teams. The odds of getting this right when there such slim pickings out  there must be astronomically high. For a bunch of owners who have traditionally kept a close eye on the purse strings I’m surprised they haven’t been doing more to try to get Jurgen to stay in order to protect their investment, if it goes wrong this summer you could easily see a billion quid wiped off the value of the club…easily.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:52 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:03 pm wrote:Edwards needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat here, he needs to start trying to convince Jürgen and his staff to stay, Now Alonso is out of the running and given the names left this upcoming summer is clearly not the best time to be changing our entire managerial and coaching teams. The odds of getting this right when there such slim pickings out  there must be astronomically high. For a bunch of owners who have traditionally kept a close eye on the purse strings I’m surprised they haven’t been doing more to try to get Jurgen to stay in order to protect their investment, if it goes wrong this summer you could easily see a billion quid wiped off the value of the club…easily.

How would they do that, it won't be about money as he's one of the most highly paid managers in the game, can't give him another role as its as manager we want him. He seems to have made mind up and the only possible thing I could think of is another tilt at the champions league but would that be enough? Maybe a 300m war chest but I doubt even that would sway him and I doubt it even being offered by FSG. I think we will just have to accept he is going and hope we get the best person available to take the team forward. I just hope its someone the players will respect because if the manager loses the dressing room you end up like united.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:08 pm

I think one thing going for the next manager is that we don’t have toxic characters. Most our players have been religious family based men, and most don’t drink. Thankfully we don’t have any party animals and I think that is an untalked about genius that Klopp brought to the team, it’s why we were a team with chemistry beating those we probably should not have. That type of player should mesh well with other managers. An honest straight talking manager would have their loyalty.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:18 pm

Boocity » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:52 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:03 pm wrote:Edwards needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat here, he needs to start trying to convince Jürgen and his staff to stay, Now Alonso is out of the running and given the names left this upcoming summer is clearly not the best time to be changing our entire managerial and coaching teams. The odds of getting this right when there such slim pickings out  there must be astronomically high. For a bunch of owners who have traditionally kept a close eye on the purse strings I’m surprised they haven’t been doing more to try to get Jurgen to stay in order to protect their investment, if it goes wrong this summer you could easily see a billion quid wiped off the value of the club…easily.

How would they do that, it won't be about money as he's one of the most highly paid managers in the game, can't give him another role as its as manager we want him. He seems to have made mind up and the only possible thing I could think of is another tilt at the champions league but would that be enough? Maybe a 300m war chest but I doubt even that would sway him and I doubt it even being offered by FSG. I think we will just have to accept he is going and hope we get the best person available to take the team forward. I just hope its someone the players will respect because if the manager loses the dressing room you end up like united.

I heard Klopp say when asked whether he would change his mind “what kind of a person would I be if I changed my mind”,implying that he would be weak of integrity. Things like that make it certain he will not change his mind.

We actually didn’t know Klopp would be Klopp when he first came, he did well at Dortmund but there were all kinds of question marks about whether he could cut it at Liverpool and the PL. We played Dortmund in preseason and we beat them 4-0 or something like that. We just need to have faith that the same people that found us Klopp strike gold again.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:55 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:39 pm

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:14 pm

Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:34 pm

It looks like it’s going to be him, a lot of the same chatter. Where there is smoke there is fire. He seems more a Pep type than a Klopp type but listening to Sporting fans they say he’s honest and they like the way he speaks, which is like Klopp. Reading he is wedded to 3 4 3 so there will be changes in the way we play if he does come. Seems a bit young but we do have a young enough team so shouldn’t really be an issue. A 3 4 3 would be a great way to get Trent in Midfield without compromising the back.

Obviously we are all uncertain and hope we get better under him. If he can make us better he could be guaranteed a job for many years as we are not a firing club and he is young and no doubt full of energy. I think he will have a fantastic canvas to work with as Klopp has left a great young squad with fantastic facilities.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:30 am

yes this is picking up speed now. We've held talks with him apparently for a 3 year deal. Lets see, could just be media talk. Can't think of anyone better equipped to be honest
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:42 pm

Cheap option with no experience outside Portugal. What could ever go wrong...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:35 pm

Penguins » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:42 pm wrote:Cheap option with no experience outside Portugal. What could ever go wrong...

He's apparently got a 20m euro release clause so not even cheap. He looks very likely to be our next manager so I'll try not to be negative but a very risky appointment for sure.

A lot of people are saying he's the most promising young manager out there however, so let's hope it's true.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:48 pm

damjan193 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:35 pm wrote:
Penguins » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:42 pm wrote:Cheap option with no experience outside Portugal. What could ever go wrong...

He's apparently got a 20m euro release clause so not even cheap. He looks very likely to be our next manager so I'll try not to be negative but a very risky appointment for sure.

A lot of people are saying he's the most promising young manager out there however, so let's hope it's true.

Klopp went up a level when he came to us, he may do the same. I think whoever comes will have a great base as long as he doesn’t fundamentally change the way we play. We have a young and talented squad that should only get better.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion