Search for a new manager

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Penguins » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:56 am

C'mon -)
Klopp was a well known name in the fotballing worl before he came to us.
He had won the title with Dortmund and broken Bayern's dominance and taken them to the CL final. And that in a top 4 league.
We're not in the same universe here. Amorim is a HUGE shot in the dark...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:47 pm

Penguins » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:56 am wrote:C'mon -)
Klopp was a well known name in the fotballing worl before he came to us.
He had won the title with Dortmund and broken Bayern's dominance and taken them to the CL final. And that in a top 4 league.
We're not in the same universe here. Amorim is a HUGE shot in the dark...

I never said he was unknown, I said he went up a level when he came to us. He was known but was not regarded as one of the best managers in the world like he is now. Same could be said for Rafa Benitez. Amorim is a gamble but so is every manager that goes to a new team. We have to choose the best option but we never know until we see. Liverpool are an honest club and need an honest manager.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:46 am

Nico Kovac's name has come into play, his Wolfsberg team have just gone 11 games without a win :bump getting fed up with the press speculation. Some journalists seem to throw names around for fun.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:56 pm

Arne Slot from Feyenoord being mentioned today. Very attacking philosophy and his team play on the front foot with an aggressive press. Can see why he'd be considered as style of play would follow on from what we have now Won them the title over in Holland last year...over a big jump coming here but could be one to watch.
Doeboy

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:42 pm

West Ham now linked with Amorim. Beginning to wonder if Amorim might think that stepping into Klopp's shoes is too much of a challenge for him...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby kazza » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:26 pm

Amorim move 'unlikely' with West Ham in talks
Liverpool are "unlikely" to make Ruben Amorim the man they want to replace Jurgen Klopp, reports The Athletic with the Sporting Lisbon boss reportedly in talks with West Ham.
The outlet claims Amorim, whose side currently sit top of the Primeira Liga, is seen as the Hammers' leading target if David Moyes leaves the club this summer - though the Scot claimed earlier this season he had been offered a contract to stay beyond the end of the season.
West Ham will also consider targeting Julen Lopetegui, it adds, if Amorim is unavailable.
Klopp announced he was leaving Liverpool earlier this year with Xabi Alonso immediately made clear favourite, though the Bayer Leverkusen boss later pledged his commitment to his current club and has since led them to the Bundesliga title.
Arne Slot, Roberto De Zerbi and Julian Nagelsmann make up the other current favourites for the upcoming vacant role at Anfield.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:30 pm

I'm getting worried about the Mourinho links today. He's a egomaniac that brings alot of baggage.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:20 pm

Read just now that Amorim is in London to meet West Ham
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Doeboy » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:39 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:30 pm wrote:I'm getting worried about the Mourinho links today. He's a egomaniac that brings alot of baggage.

Honestly would ignore any nonsense links to Mourinho that are out there.....source more than likely made up ***** on twitter land. Edwards will be heavily involved in the decision and not a cat's chance in hell he'd want us opt for an egomaniac has been like Mourinho.  Mourinho would obviously love the job but it'll never happen.

Our next coach will be someone who fully buys into a data driven approach to player recruitment, not someone who demands players X, Y or Z......just wouldn't work and would be a recipe for disaster. Think more in the Amorim, De Zerbi, Slot mould imo. I think Xavi will be another we may have a strong look at and wouldn't surprise me if we did opt for him.....Barca are bit of madhouse at the moment and I think in the circumstances, he has done a decent job....could be a shrewd move by us.

Flick or Terzic maybe others but more outsiders imo.
Doeboy

Postby damjan193 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:15 am

Well I hope we actually already have our next manager signed and all this is just paper talk. We used to be so shrewd doing business mostly behind closed doors just a few years ago and I can't believe we haven't already at least decided on one of the most important decisions our current owners have had to make. This whole thing has potential to go south very fast.

I didn't want Amorim at first but seing the other names being mentioned (Niko Kovac, are they having a laugh?) I ended up actually hoping we get Amorim. At the end it'll probably be De Zerbi IMO, probably the worst of the initial 3 candidates but definitely a better option than the likes of Kovac and these lads from the Dutch league.

Personally I'd like Nagelsmann if he's even being considered.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:06 am

When we sacked Rodgers it seemed obvious at the time to go for Klopp, he was a great manager and he was unemployed. This time there is no obvious choice and that is worrying.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:39 pm

We will go for someone cheap till they prove themselves and they will have to be comfortable in how the club operates with its spending and recruitment models. If he's already employed then what it's cost to release him and his staff will also factor.

Regardless of who it is the spin will go into overdrive and he will be the next best thing anyway so we can't lose!!  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:14 pm

Oh lord please no Mourinho, his washed out, no where near what he used to be.

Typical Mourinho, will set his side to park the bus, cause unrest in the squad and then walk away with millions when his sacked.

If Amorim takes the West ham Post over us then it's fairly obvious he ain't got the cojones to replace Klopp.

To be fair replacing Klopp and managing us is a huge task.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:16 pm

kazza » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:06 am wrote:When we sacked Rodgers it seemed obvious at the time to go for Klopp, he was a great manager and he was unemployed. This time there is no obvious choice and that is worrying.

Expectations are too high now, we've been also spoilt having a world class manager with us.

Also like you mentioned, not many great names our there.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:28 pm

Think Arne Slot will be our new manager
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion