Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:54 am

sammy lee........... players liked him and he loves the club
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby The Ace1983 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:10 am

BRING BACK PINOCHIO! BRING BACK PINOCHIO!
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:28 am

SAMMY LEE!!!
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:30 am

If theres ine thing Rafa has is contacts and im sure hell bring in the right man for the job. I did think though that Paco would stay just for one more year. Best of luck to him though.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:01 pm

bavlondon wrote:Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has been unable to persuade Paco Herrera into staying on with the Reds.

The boss knows he has a huge void to fill and anyone with an inch of football knowledge knows that Herrera has played a massive part in the success that has already been achieved in such a short space of time.

Rafa is now considering who to bring in and what changes to make for next season.

There's no advertising in the KopTalk Gold Club!
He said: "We need to use Paco as much as we can before he leaves. He's been very important for us with his scouting and coaching. He is also a fantastic person, so it is a bad loss.

"But we must understand his reasons. He needs to be with his family. He has a wife and young daughter in Spain.

"The reasons for his leaving show the kind of person he is. I know he loves working here and is very grateful to the club, but you must always think about your family.

"We're thinking how we will change the structure but ensure we work in the same way. We're very happy with the work of Frank McParland, who works alongside Paco in the scouting.

"I have some ideas and the main thing is not to change what we're doing now too much, because there has been a lot of progression."

Do you have any opinions of your own or just those of KrapTalk ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:17 pm

A dutchman would be good. Someone who knows total football.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedWolf35 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:19 pm

how about Gazza??

:eyebrow

seriously its a real loss that Paco is going surely they could have persuaded him to stay?

Rafa needs to pick someone who will do a good job Phil Thompson as much as he loves the club is not the person for this role
RedWolf35

Postby 2520years » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:53 pm

We still don't seem to have a source...
???
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby laza » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:12 am

2520years wrote:We still don't seem to have a source...
???

maybe it was a PM from Stu  :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kano » Sun May 28, 2006 12:10 pm

I didnt want to start a new thread so i just dug this one up. Found some news on Pacos replacment as we all know he nor is a sports director for Espanyol. The book by Guilleme Balague really shed a lot of light on the coaches at this club and their role in ou team. I thank Paco for his commitment and wish him the bst of luck in his future. Lets hope he can be a sort of scout for Rafa and keep his eyes and ears open for us.

28.5.06  REDS LINING UP HERRERA REPLACEMENTS
www.lfc.tv

Rafael Benitez has revealed that Valencia coach Eduardo Macia is one of the candidates to replace the departing Paco Herrera.

Herrera will leave the club on July 1 after deciding to return to Spain for family reasons and Liverpool are looking to replace him with two new faces.

Benitez knows Macia well from his time in charge at the Mestalla and admits he is in his thoughts with regards to the soon-to-be vacant scouting position.

Macia last week rejected a new contract at Valencia.

"We have a number of options and he is one," confirmed the Reds chief. "But Paco is working with us until July 1 and we won't be making an appointment until after this. It's too early to say who'll be replacing him."

Herrera, meanwhile, has been approached by Espanyol with a view to him taking over as their Director of Football.
Kano

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sun May 28, 2006 12:26 pm

Kano wrote:Herrera, meanwhile, has been approached by Espanyol with a view to him taking over as their Director of Football.

You would of thought they'd use him as a scout (which is his best attribute) rather than Director of Football.
48-1119859832

Postby Kano » Sun May 28, 2006 12:33 pm

Its all different in Spain I think. I think the Director of foorball is like to coach in regards to choosin players to buy so therfore similar to the role of a scout.

It was having a director of football at Valencia that we can thank for having Rafa in the first place. This is why Rafa likes it in England because he has total control.
Kano

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sun May 28, 2006 12:36 pm

I think Rafa should hire an English coach ....
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Kano » Sun May 28, 2006 12:41 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:I think Rafa should hire an English coach ....

He tried with Gary Mac (credit to him for that aswell) but he turned him down.

If it was and Enlgish coch it would have to be someone associated with the club.

Im sure Sammy Lee wouldnt mind coming back. Im not sure though what Rafa relationship with Thommo is like.

Im sure Rafa will pick the right man. As he still has so many nw tactical ideas he wishes to convey in our team i would imagine he would pick a fellow Spaniard as communication would be easier.
Kano

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion