Search for the right midfielder

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:57 am

It's common knowledge that Rafa is looking for a right sided midfielder, but now from the looks of things Figo is now staying at Real, who else do you think he'll go after? also do you think that Cisse could do a job on the right as he drifts out there a lot, also he can put a good cross in  :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:59 am

Id rather not see Cisse used as a winger.  Rafa will have other targets besides figo so lets just sit and wait and see wat happens
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby kaz the kopite » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:09 pm

andy vandermeyde plays fo inter milan and may be available on loan!

good shout? :buttrock
I am the one and only!
kaz the kopite

Postby andy_g » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:17 pm

van der meyde is the only one i can think of that may be at all available. i'm pretty stuck to come with any more.

in the team we have three players who can do a job there though none of them are natural wide men.

garcia - more of a support striker but has filled in there often. maybe not the best for the job though as he's inclined to come inside and be too tricky.

cisse - has been put there and IMO does a really good job. can be very dangerous coming in from the right just as henry does from the left. i don't see him being happy as a winger but his game can be adapted to pull defenders out there.

pongo - though he too is seen as a striker i think he can come very good out here. as with cisse his natural inclination will be to come in and attack the goal rather than hang in a good cross, but his pace and trickery can be dangerous.

obvioulsy, none of these would be as good as a natural right winger. but until we find the right one i think we can keep a degree of width in the side.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:23 pm

Dnt want cisse on the wing.He's in the team to score goals aswell as create them.Garcia probably at the moment until we sign sum1....wot happend 2 the stelios bid ??.........Van der myde seem like a decent shout on loan cnt rly think of any1 else
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:28 pm

I think we will see a natural right midfielder/winger before the start of the season.
I agree that Cisse causes problems down the wings, but i would prefer him to be in his natural position, at least until he has scored a few goals and gained full confidence.
If he is played alot on the right he wont score many imo and people will start getting on his back with him being our record signing.
Van der meyde would be a good shout, we could go double dutch with Zenden on the left and him on the right.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kaz the kopite » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:30 pm

i`ve got another one cichnio of brazil! normaly plays right back

but could easily play right wing. technicaly superb,great crosser of the ball!

good shout! but probably quite expensive! :buttrock

also Alves who benitez is already checking out! :eyebrow
I am the one and only!
kaz the kopite

Postby 109-1093441336 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:59 pm

kaz the kopite wrote:i`ve got another one cichnio of brazil! normaly plays right back

but could easily play right wing. technicaly superb,great crosser of the ball!

Bet you only saw in him in the Confederations Cup.
109-1093441336

Postby Houllier=LFC » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:04 pm

i guess pongo would be our rotating right winger since we have enough strikers and he has the pace
Houllier=LFC

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:33 pm

Does anyone remember garcias cross for morientes' header vs fulham last season at anfield, if he can pull out crosses like them week in week out I say we give him a try on the right wing. It's something that dissapoints me actually because we could have tried different players in different positions in pre-season but the only thing like that we did was put josemi in centre back.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:43 pm

I don't think that Garcia, TLC or Pongolle are wide players, it's the same situation as Smicer cos he wasn't a winger either, I think if we don't find a winger before the start of the season that Cisse would be a good option, it give us a line up like this:

Reina

Finnan      Carragher      Hyypia    Riise

Cisse          Gerrard        Alonso   Zenden

Garcia

Nando/Crouch

:)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:47 pm

I thought that Alves kid was right sided and could play both full back and winger? If not, then I wouldn't mind having a look at Van Der Meyde, but that's still a bit of a shot in the dark. Finnan looked quite good at the beginning of last season, but we'll have to wait and see with that one. Any news on his court case yet?
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:54 pm

Paul C wrote:Reina

Garcia

Nando/Crouch

British fans mistake 4-2-3-1 formation for 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 and other such simple-mindedness.  It works differently and you guys should of caught onto the idea by now.

Behind one of Crouch/Cisse/Morientes/Caros will be three attacking midfielders, NOT ONE.

If you still dont understand, overstand this from John Toshack, expert on spanish football and rafa.
http://liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N149455050724-1012.htm

and i hate being right.
109-1093441336

Postby bRy » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:58 pm

I'd definitely go for Van Der Meyde. Technically superb as a result of his Ajax background, the right age and a player with Champions League experience who knows what it's like to play for a club with high ambitions and expectations.

I don't think he'd be overly expensive either
bRy

Postby Paul C » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:00 pm

meelan#5 wrote:
Paul C wrote:Reina

Garcia

Nando/Crouch

British fans mistake 4-2-3-1 formation for 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 and other such simple-mindedness.  It works differently and you guys should of caught onto the idea by now.

Behind one of Crouch/Cisse/Morientes/Caros will be three attacking midfielders, NOT ONE.

If you still dont understand, overstand this from John Toshack, expert on spanish football and rafa.
http://liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N149455050724-1012.htm

and i hate being right.

Look Meelan, go to some other forum and annoy them cos were sick of your sh1t3  :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion