Ryan Babel - What do you think ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Torres25 » Fri May 16, 2008 1:24 am

Why does every1 keep sayin "4 11 mill i expected more"

1. 11 million is :censored: all these days (ask utd r chelsea)....sayin that when we pay double figures 4 a player the papers go on like we should win the league over teams that spend 20+ on every position in thier team so....................................

2. Hes only 21 like Lucas i think well be laughin at what a bargain we got in afew years time.......people keep sayin why do we not buy players when we have the chance when there fairly cheat only 2 blow it & watch them priced outta r range (Alves, essien)

I think hell be a superstar
Torres25

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri May 16, 2008 12:54 pm

Torres25 wrote:Why does every1 keep sayin "4 11 mill i expected more"

1. 11 million is :censored: all these days (ask utd r chelsea)....sayin that when we pay double figures 4 a player the papers go on like we should win the league over teams that spend 20+ on every position in thier team so....................................

2. Hes only 21 like Lucas i think well be laughin at what a bargain we got in afew years time.......people keep sayin why do we not buy players when we have the chance when there fairly cheat only 2 blow it & watch them priced outta r range (Alves, essien)

I think hell be a superstar

i think you need to learn how to write English  ???
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Fri May 16, 2008 1:32 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
GRAHAM01 wrote:don't shoot me down for this but what about him playing on the right??

i like many on here would like to see him given a go up front with torres but if that does not happen where does he go, with barry maybe coming in or even a new winger he could be needing a spot

i had a think and come up with this: he does run at players and because he is so right footed he almost always cut in to the middle ( how often did he stick to the left touch line and get to the bye line and get a good cross in ), being out on the right would let him use is better foot and run at defenders and get to the bye line with his pace then on his better leg we might see some better crosses from him, he has got to be better than penn and kuyt imo

just a thought, what do you guys think

It's a good shout, mate.  I think he's been played on the left, in part to accommodate Kuyt, but also to give him license to cut inside on his strong foot and ping shots on goal from the edge of the box.  He does quite well to work space for the shot when coming in on his stronger foot and he's come close on occasion but I'm not sure how many of those he's actually scored (I can, on the other hand, remember plenty whistling wide or ballooning into the stand).  On the right flank he'd have less opportunity for that perhaps but I think there are things that would compensate.  For one, as you say, he'd have more ability to go past the fullback on the touchline and get in a cross.  He'd also pose more of a goal threat, I think, arriving in the box to meet crosses from the opposite flank.  I think he'd also be more comfortable getting in behind defenders for through balls and working 1-2s with the fullback.  Finally, when he does cut inside on his left foot, I think he'd have more options: his pace will unsettle defenders, opening up space for teammates and he could also use a stutter-step change of pace (like Torres does) or a quick change of direction (like his goal against Derby) to stand defenders up before bursting past.  In short, he won't always just arrow to the edge of the area and unleash the shot, like he does when he cuts in from the left--a predictability that makes him easier to defend against at the moment.

good post mate , never thought of it that way .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sat May 17, 2008 6:54 pm

I dunno about Babel, he has such potential but I'm unsure if he be the player everyone expects, plus for £13m I dunno.

He lacks in basic knowledge sometimes, he will get the ball and just run into defenders, he did this a lot against Havent and Waterlooville's right back, he reminds me of a Dutch Cisse :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Sat May 17, 2008 8:21 pm

He's trying to prove himself as having the same type of potential as Torres. Maneuvering around the defense to produce an easy goal. He's just trying to win himself a spot in the front [As he admitted to asking Rafa to play as a striker numerous times]. Unfortunately, he's not as successful, and it's costs us goals. He'll learn that he's going no where in it, and he'll start playing Wing again.
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby mistyred » Sat May 17, 2008 8:32 pm

Babel will come good i am confident we have found a diamond and i hope he shut's up the negative comments he has recieved after only one season at
the club. Why must we scrutinise every aspect of a talent that is yet to reach their peak? what happens if Torres only scores eight goals next season will we then disect him inch by inch untill
there is nothing left to grumble about, i will give anyplayer atleast  two seasons of absolutely sh1.te performances untill saying they need to leave and not just spend time on the bench
but as far as i can see this lad has alot of talent and will get better and might actually suprise alot of people who doubt him so much.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat May 17, 2008 8:48 pm

mistyred wrote:Babel will come good i am confident we have found a diamond and i hope he shut's up the negative comments he has recieved after only one season at
the club. Why must we scrutinise every aspect of a talent that is yet to reach their peak? what happens if Torres only scores eight goals next season will we then disect him inch by inch untill
there is nothing left to grumble about, i will give anyplayer atleast  two seasons of absolutely sh1.te performances untill saying they need to leave and not just spend time on the bench
but as far as i can see this lad has alot of talent and will get better and might actually suprise alot of people who doubt him so much.

Exactly right!

And also its been his first season in a very physical league!I think the lad will come good given time.

Some on here just are not happy unless they are moaning or giving players flack or generally being negative.

PATIENCE is needed at times.
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Sun May 18, 2008 5:18 am

mistyred wrote:Babel will come good i am confident we have found a diamond and i hope he shut's up the negative comments he has recieved after only one season at

Agreed. They're trying to turn me against him  :p
Last edited by SundanceKid on Sun May 18, 2008 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
SundanceKid

Postby upstate » Tue May 20, 2008 4:38 pm

Ryan Babel is going to be featuring heavily in the years to come, and this is a fact.  It may not be next year, but he is on the fast track to becoming the perfect partner for Torres.  He has shown his potential from the winger position and we all know he is a pure-bred striker.  Ideally, i would love to see thierry henry come to merseyside next year to mentor babel, the parallels and similarities between the two cannot be dismissed, and i whole-heartedly believe he IS the next thierry henry.  The kid is class, plain and simple and with rafa as coach his potential is limitless.
upstate

Postby Toffeehater » Wed May 21, 2008 3:28 pm

upstate wrote:Ryan Babel is going to be featuring heavily in the years to come, and this is a fact.  It may not be next year, but he is on the fast track to becoming the perfect partner for Torres.  He has shown his potential from the winger position and we all know he is a pure-bred striker.  Ideally, i would love to see thierry henry come to merseyside next year to mentor babel, the parallels and similarities between the two cannot be dismissed, and i whole-heartedly believe he IS the next thierry henry.  The kid is class, plain and simple and with rafa as coach his potential is limitless.

:nod enough said
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supernatural » Wed May 21, 2008 6:29 pm

i think once babel memorize the prem players he will tear them to bits.
you see in games when he is feeling certain of himself,he can match ronaldo for step overs and tricks.

i do agree he does not seem to like tackling even though he is a strong lad,but berbatov is even worse at that and does not work hard.

i don't think he will be with us long but hope he develops quickly and sold for 30 million.
i really like him and like the intensity and desire to win,while on the bench watching the chelsea champions league match when we went behind.unlike kewell who was laughing and chuckling when we were losing  games this season.i  get the impression babel is a real madrid type player in the making rather than a guy being kicked around the prem because he is too good.i think he is  bought as a future big money transfer to spain or italy.
supernatural

Postby henaz » Wed May 21, 2008 8:41 pm

I think babel has had a good 1st season. He's a promising player for the future :)
- YNWA -
henaz

Postby Toffeehater » Wed May 21, 2008 8:47 pm

supernatural wrote:i think once babel memorize the prem players he will tear them to bits.
you see in games when he is feeling certain of himself,he can match ronaldo for step overs and tricks.

i do agree he does not seem to like tackling even though he is a strong lad,but berbatov is even worse at that and does not work hard.

i don't think he will be with us long but hope he develops quickly and sold for 30 million.
i really like him and like the intensity and desire to win,while on the bench watching the chelsea champions league match when we went behind.unlike kewell who was laughing and chuckling when we were losing  games this season.i  get the impression babel is a real madrid type player in the making rather than a guy being kicked around the prem because he is too good.i think he is  bought as a future big money transfer to spain or italy.

thats the most cr@p post i ever read

What are u on

WUM  :kungfu:
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Wed May 21, 2008 11:17 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
supernatural wrote:i think once babel memorize the prem players he will tear them to bits.

thats the most cr@p post i ever read

What are u on

WUM  :kungfu:

I'm wondering how he even knows how to count to 30...
SundanceKid

Postby Owzat » Thu May 22, 2008 9:02 am

Are you to judge Babel's first season on merit, on potential or on his price tag? Sorry folks but potential and price tag should have FA to do with it, he either had a good, reasonable or bad first season. Potential is talking about his FUTURE seasons NOT his first season and his price tag doesn't determine how well he played only how much it cost to get to play his first season.

I think he did ok, seemed better coming on late than playing wide. I'd say there's certainly room for improvement, I hope he doesn't get played wide too regularly. And I certainly hope players aren't continually going to be signed for £11.5m (Babel) and £10m (Kuyt) only to then be fitted into roles where players that were intended for those roles have failed.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion