RYAN BABEL to join Hoffenheim

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:46 pm

Maybe its all part of Rafa's master plan to make Babel a more all around player so he has to learn some defensive responsibilities, also, he might become a better 4-3-3 attacker if he has to work on his wide play and develop more than one move, and learn how to beat defenders to the byline and put in something that at least looks dangerous with his left foot. Even if Rafa does go to 4-3-3, don't expect the wide players to think that they do not have defensive responsibilities, at best you can hope for a very attack minded version of a 4-5-1.  Also, I think it could be very exciting in a couple seasons to watch Babel and Insua play down the left, he loves to bomb forward and is good at cute little link ups around the edge of the box, plus, like Aurelio, would provide the threat of a left footed cross from the left via overlapping Babel as he starts to make his usual inside cut. If Babel can consistenly prove that opposing RBs are no match for him or ever starts making those quick blasts from just outside the edge of the box, he will start drawing in Centre halfs, which will REALLY open things up for Torres, Gerrard, and that "world class right winger" :D   We could only take advantage of this if he was able to peek his head up once in a while when he was on the ball AND at the same time not trip over himself.
JoeTerp

Postby jeff..capes » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:06 pm

i heard that rafas valencia was voted the most dull team ever in spain,despite winning the league.

its not just me having a pop apparently this is fact,check google to see if i'm not telling the truth.

i want to like rafa but each time try to he goes and remind me of my real feelings.

i can see rafa sneaking a league in ten years if we let him stay,but by then manu would have gone past our record by some way,and caught up with our champions league record.

i have a funny feeling they will only allow the top 2 teams into the champions league in future years.
so far we can't even finish second never mind win the thing.

some liverpool fans are like the people who convinced themselve ricky hatton was going to destroy mayweather,when clearly he was not up to it.

some of you need to decide which liverpool tradition is more important.
the tradition of getting behind the manager or the tradition of winning the leagues.
jeff..capes

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:29 pm

jeff..capes wrote:i heard that rafas valencia was voted the most dull team ever in spain,despite winning the league.

its not just me having a pop apparently this is fact,check google to see if i'm not telling the truth.

i want to like rafa but each time try to he goes and remind me of my real feelings.

i can see rafa sneaking a league in ten years if we let him stay,but by then manu would have gone past our record by some way,and caught up with our champions league record.

i have a funny feeling they will only allow the top 2 teams into the champions league in future years.
so far we can't even finish second never mind win the thing.

some liverpool fans are like the people who convinced themselve ricky hatton was going to destroy mayweather,when clearly he was not up to it.

some of you need to decide which liverpool tradition is more important.
the tradition of getting behind the manager or the tradition of winning the leagues.

Thought you were banned , don't you worry about what the mancs do , they can look after themselves .

Why not try and come up with something constructive if your going to critisize ,insead of tryin to wind people up . Friggin WAPDONG.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:23 am

Friggin WAPDONG.

:D
66-1112520797

Postby LegBarnes » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:30 am

I used to think rafa was going to buy babel for a 4-3-3 system but nowa dayz i am not so sure.

Just cant see rafa ever playing a 4-3-3 with out 3 holding midfielders and that kinda defeats the purpose of playing
4-3-3.

I rather him stick to 4-4-2 with 2 natrual wingers and 2 natrual strikers.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:43 am

How much would we get for him now? If we are offered anything upwards of 8 million we should take it. Rafa feels obliged to play him even though he doesn’t deserve it. El Zhar was more worthy of a start today.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:44 am

Pig Catcher wrote:How much would we get for him now? If we are offered anything upwards of 8 million we should take it. Rafa feels obliged to play him even though he doesn’t deserve it. El Zhar was more worthy of a start today.

El Zhar is a better player as well!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:10 am

Babel needs to start showing us something or he'll only ever be a bit-part player, filling in on the left as sub for Riera or playing occaisionally down the right or centre. He's got the pace, he needs to add something to that - beat his player consistently, a trick or two with a good finish or a better all round game.

At the moment all he does when he gets a chance is look ordinary, get the fans on his back and hasten his move towards the/his Anfield exit
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:24 pm

Babel does not have the proper mentality to play for Liverpool Football Club and it's time to move him on. FACT.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:29 pm

He still young ... give him time , he wil be a better player unless some clubs willing to pay at least 15-20m , then we sell him ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Effes » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:45 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Babel does not have the proper mentality to play for Liverpool Football Club and it's time to move him on. FACT.

Agreed. Not sure how much we'll get for him though?
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:09 pm

Hopefully at least 8 - 10Mil.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:05 pm

The kid should put in a transfer request. If he can only get two minutes after that performance by some of our players last night then that pretty much sums up what his future is at this club.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:18 pm

Babel would be a great hit as a striker at Spurs, for 12 million.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:21 pm

I think with kuyt playing so poor babel should be given a run out in the team , at least 3 to 5 matches so that we can see if he can make it but knowing rafa ....
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion