Reds make bid for babel - According to his agent

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Aeroxie » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:01 pm

Dirk Kuyt is better than Babel
Aeroxie

Postby StefanoAFCA » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:10 pm

But now I'm talking about things that aren't that relevant. Just forget about our defence. The dutch league is famous for our great attacking players. Cruyff, Van Basten, Gullit, Bergkamp, Van Nistelrooy, Makaay, Van Persie, Robben, Overmars, Kluivert, Gudjohnsen, Ibrahimovic, Romario, Ronaldo and a lot more. So you don't have to be very affraid when you buy an attacking player from our league.
Also you have to give Kuyt another chance this season, he isn't the most talented player or the best striker, but he's a very hard worker and I'm sure that he will do better this season. It happens a lot that players from our league need a year to adjust when they go to the premiership, because your league is more physical and most teams have another style of playing then our teams.
Last edited by StefanoAFCA on Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StefanoAFCA

Postby puroresu » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:16 pm

I love the dutch mentality.  The way the game should be played.  The 4-3-3 system (Rijkaard adopts at Barca) where its really 4-3-3 and not the 4-5-1 which so many teams really adopt. Even though the Under 21 side won Cruyff actually said the Under 21 team could hurt the dutch national side as the coach went with a 4-4-2 and not the 4-3-3 which the Holland team should use.

I think AZ are the most entertaining side I see in Holland due to the attacking style they adopt.  The Ajax side's which won the CL in the mid 90's and reached the final the following year were awesome. One of the best sides I have seen play. They destroyed teams. They battered Bayern and taught Real Madrid a lesson.  Great, great side!!
puroresu

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:19 pm

Yeah, but if an attacking player isn't pinging in goals for fun against some of the defences I've watched, I don't hold much hope of them doing much in the Prem.

Obviously Babel isn't a striker, and goalscoring isn't his main strength, but wingers and attacking midfielders get so much space in the Dutch league that it's absolutely frightening. Put a young player that's grown up playing in that environment into a league where he'll get closed down before he's even received the ball, and suddenly there's huge scope for him to contract Mark Gonzalez disease and retreat into his shell.

Anyway, my point is, he hasn't lit the Dutch league on fire - his main selling point is his performances at U-21 level. He's got a reputation as a prospect, but certainly not a white-hot, the next Robben kind of thing. I almost wonder how much scouting has gone on with the kid - I can't help but be suspicious when we go in for players that have recently had their pictures in the paper related to international performances.

And again, to be talking about the kid in terms of £10m is ridiculous. And this is in light of a REJECTED bid. :laugh:
ivor_the_injun

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:20 pm

puroresu wrote:I love the dutch mentality.  The way the game should be played.  The 4-3-3 system (Rijkaard adopts at Barca) where its really 4-3-3 and not the 4-5-1 which so many teams really adopt.  Cruyff actually said the Under 21 team could hurt dutch national side as the coach went with a 4-4-2 and not the 4-3-3 which the Holland team use.

I think AZ are the most entertaining side I see in Holland due to the attacking style they adopt.  The Ajax side's which won the CL in the mid 90's and reached the final the following year were awesome. They destroyed teams.  The battered Bayern and taught Real Madrid a lesson.  Great, great side!!

Or maybe the full side should ply 4-4-2 like the under 21's did.
Its not like the dutch 4-3-3 system for the full team works is it ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:23 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
puroresu wrote:I love the dutch mentality.  The way the game should be played.  The 4-3-3 system (Rijkaard adopts at Barca) where its really 4-3-3 and not the 4-5-1 which so many teams really adopt.  Cruyff actually said the Under 21 team could hurt dutch national side as the coach went with a 4-4-2 and not the 4-3-3 which the Holland team use.

I think AZ are the most entertaining side I see in Holland due to the attacking style they adopt.  The Ajax side's which won the CL in the mid 90's and reached the final the following year were awesome. They destroyed teams.  The battered Bayern and taught Real Madrid a lesson.  Great, great side!!

Holland will be ready next summer.  Last World Cup was too early for the young side.  One of the favourite's next year and it has to be 4-3-3.  Thats the dutch way.
puroresu

Postby StefanoAFCA » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:29 pm

As long as Cruyff or Van Basten have something to do with the dutch national squad we will play 4-3-3.:(
I know that it is our style, but except from Robben we don't have topclass wingers, so I would rather see a 4-4-2 with Van Persie and Van Nistelrooy. I've my feeling is telling me right I suspect Ajax to play 4-4-2 next season. The plan was to put Huntelaar in the point and then Babel swarming around him. But if we lose Babel we will need another player that can swarm around Huntelaar.
StefanoAFCA

Postby Penguins » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:30 pm

Babyel is a promising player and at most I could see £9m at a stretch.

But are we really after promising players?
I think we have enough of those and would much more prefer to spend on some instant top class help.

Our net spend is like £7m so £15m+ should be no problem if there is money!
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Wilhelmsson » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:34 pm

Rafa could sign Babel and send him back out on loan to Ajax, this would make sense wouldn’t it? It’s a win-win situation for all parties involved. Rafa doesn’t get competition from Arsenal and Babel gets more first team experience.

I’m hoping that Rafa announces the capture of Chippen next summer.
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby StefanoAFCA » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:40 pm

Rafa could sign Babel and send him back out on loan to Ajax, this would make sense wouldn’t it? It’s a win-win situation for all parties involved. Rafa doesn’t get competition from Arsenal and Babel gets more first team experience.

I also think this is the best option. Although I have my doubts if he fits at Liverpool, is more an arsenal player I think.
If he will play with us on loan for another season he will get a lot more experience, because this year Ajax WILL qualify for the CL, unlike last year with the copenhagen drama, I allready get nightmares thinking about that game.
StefanoAFCA

Postby puroresu » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:41 pm

StefanoAFCA wrote:

As long as Cruyff or Van Basten have something to do with the dutch national squad we will play 4-3-3.:(
I know that it is our style, but except from Robben we don't have topclass wingers, so I would rather see a 4-4-2 with Van Persie and Van Nistelrooy. I've my feeling is telling me right I suspect Ajax to play 4-4-2 next season. The plan was to put Huntelaar in the point and then Babel swarming around him. But if we lose Babel we will need another player that can swarm around Huntelaar.

Will sneijder leave?
puroresu

Postby StefanoAFCA » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:46 pm

Will sneijder leave?

When the tranfermarket opened it looked like we would lose Sneijder. But at this moment I really can't tell. All I can say is that it is very quiet at this moment. I have read that if you buy Babel, then we will give Huntelaar and Sneijder a better contract, so they will stay longer.
StefanoAFCA

Postby StefanoAFCA » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:50 pm

Can someone tell me how Kanu is doing?
He refuses to sign a new contract at Portsmouth, an a lot of Ajax supporters hope that he will come back to Ajax this summer.
Not as a player for the staring line up, but as the kind of player you use when nothing else works, like Crouch.
StefanoAFCA

Postby Doeboy » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:52 pm

I have spoken to my contact. We have have indeed put a £10million bid in for Babel however they are asking for £15million. Quaresma is our prefered option however Porto are asking for too much at this moment in time, but i'm led to believe this isn't completely dead. Will post if i receive more info.
Doeboy

Postby puroresu » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:54 pm

StefanoAFCA wrote:
Will sneijder leave?

When the tranfermarket opened it looked like we would lose Sneijder. But at this moment I really can't tell. All I can say is that it is very quiet at this moment. I have read that if you buy Babel, then we will give Huntelaar and Sneijder a better contract, so they will stay longer.

Wasnt Sneijder set on valencia but ajax wanted more that valencia would pay? 

Do Ajax fans expect the title and are they shocked or disappointed in the lack of success in Europe since the mid 90's.  I know u guys lost so much talent back then and a lot went for free due to Bosman.

Would u be happy if u could play in Bundesliga?
puroresu

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion