Reds make move for lucas niel - Bid is made

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC_fan » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:22 am

Bad Bob wrote:
LFC_fan wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:
LFC_fan wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:
LFC_fan wrote:anyway the rumour is that krompkemp is being sold to psv while neil will be bought to take his place (back up to finnan)

well, anyway everything will be sorted out by the endof the day.

are you welsh wizzard?

i said RUMOUR and since this is a RUMOUR involving lucas neil, which is what this thread is about, i thought i'll just post it here.

welsh wizard would say something like this :

"a very reliable source has told me that samuel eto'o is going to sign for us by the end of the day."

there's a huge difference you know...

:D

see? i was right. some of you should save your sacarsm until after the transfer window closes to save you your blushes.

i just realized something...
does that mean we are still stuck with Diao?  :help

It's not that we questioned the accuracy of your prediction, lad, it's that it was common feckin' knowledge by the time you got around to posting it.  The rumours have been flying for the last few days that Kromkamp was off to PSV and that Rafa had targeted Neill as RB cover.  So, next time get with the program earlier to spare your blushes sunshine!  :p  :D

woah woah, hold on to your reins cowboy, i wasn't referring to ya. notice i quoted adamnbarrett who asked me if i was welsh wizard (which is one of the worst insults u can throw at anybody in this forum :p )

anyway, its all good. back to reading the bluekipper forum for me now, it really cracks me up to read what the blue bitters have to say about us. :eyebrow
LFC_fan

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:47 am

Ah well fukk the bitters...their not worth the effort, just a sad bunch of no-hopers with a sh1t ground, sh1t team...and a sh1t load of fans from wales!! :laugh:  :nod
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:53 am

One word HOORAH. Rafa has sense!
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:33 am

I can see that fans will be a little worried by the lack of cover but with the size and depth of our squad barring horrific injuries we should be ok. If Finnan is injured we can play Carragher right back and play Agger with Hyypia, we also have Paletta (that up until that misplaced back pass looked sound)
As St Mick said we could play 3 centre backs and Gerrard as right wing back if needed, so there are plenty of options.
Rafa and the board should be congratulated on there hard work this pre-season, it has by far exceeded my expectations.

Bellamy                       
Pennant                       
Paletta                         
Gonzalez (eventually)   
Kuyt
Aurellio

Kromkamp obviously wasnt happy and wanted to leave, Rafa has done the right thing and let him go, he is not a good enough player to be playing unhappy.
I never wanted Neil and hope we wont be seeing him in January either, he is an average player that is a loose cannon and although his effort can be commended, his blatant attempt to injure opposing players isnt something i fancied seeing in a red shirt.
Besides imagine what he'd be like in training ? He would probably be taking out half of the defenders in order to get nearer the first 11.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:08 am

stmichael wrote:although i'm by no means a fan of carragher as a full back, he'll be shifted there if finnan does get injured. i've no qualms about agger coming into the centre of defence for carragher.

one other option of course would be to go with three at the back, but with kromkamp noe gone, i can't see who would play in the right wing back role.

St Mike

I feel like a broken record having to say this again but I totally agree with you on the 3-5.2. I am convined that is the formation Rafa wants to play!

If I am wrong (which I may well be) then I am concerned about the cover for right back!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby el_stinger » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:01 am

Rafa still wants Neil:

Liverpool still keen on Neill
From correspondents in Liverpool
September 02, 2006 LIVERPOOL manager Rafa Benitez admitted he has not given up hope of signing Australia defender Lucas Neill from Blackburn.

Benitez was keen to sign Australia star Neill and tabled a £:2 million ($5 million) offer on Wednesday for the player.

But Blackburn boss Mark Hughes insisted that Liverpool fullback Stephen Warnock, 24, must be included as part of the transfer and Benitez was not prepared to sanction that deal.

Benitez believes Neill is still keen to move to Anfield and will now wait until the transfer window re-opens in January before launching a new bid.

"We had to wait until the last minute with Lucas Neill because we needed the money from the Jan Kromkamp's sale to PSV Eindhoven," Benitez told Liverpool's website.

"We knew there was a small risk doing this, but maybe we can do more business with a right-back in January.

"I know Lucas Neill really wanted to come here and maybe there will be a possibility in the future, but we must also analyse the market in January.

"It was disappointing. We tried but in the end the situation was impossible.

"Blackburn wanted to sign Warnock, but we made it clear we wanted to keep the player.

"The conversations I had with Blackburn were friendly and they are good people, but in the end we had to say 'okay, we cannot do it'."
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:40 pm

Rumour has it that if Neill buys out his Blackburn contract, he'll be "out of contract" and thus free to join any side--including Liverpool--before the transfer window reopens in January.  Not sure how likely that is, mind, but apparently it is a possibility.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby EddieC » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:41 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Rumour has it that if Neill buys out his Blackburn contract, he'll be "out of contract" and thus free to join any side--including Liverpool--before the transfer window reopens in January.  Not sure how likely that is, mind, but apparently it is a possibility.

Any idea how much it costs to buy out the contract?
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:46 pm

Who gives a fukk!.....we dont...and wont need him. :no
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion