Reds make bid for babel - According to his agent

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedorDead » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:43 pm

Paul C wrote:
RedorDead wrote:
Paul C wrote:I don't get it, Rafa was shouting his mouth off about always buying second rate players due to the lack of money and now he's trying to by a winger who will help us win the league with £6m-£8m and looking at the likes of Benayoun and Babel, both GOOD players but not at the level we need to be.

Also it's also about entertaining the fans, thus getting Quaresma  :;):

Rafa loves to buy young talent, he has bought up youth from Spain, England and all over Europe, I see Babel as a step on from this level as he has a fair bit of first team experience BUT he is still very young and one for the future.
He wouldn't come in and solve our wide problems, he'd be nurtured and developed and in a season or two could really be a world beater. I'm half dutch and follow the Eredivisie as best I can and this lad is highly regarded over there.
Someone mentioned Wesley Sneijder too, he is top drawer and would be a good addition too but he likes to play more central and plays similar to Alonso so can't see him as an option for us, quality but we hardly need centre midfielders now.

It's all good buying players for the future but all the young players that were in the reserve team have been w3nk, plus no youngsters have been given a sniff at the first team apart from Darren Potter and we know how sh1t.e he was  :angry:

The main concern is the first team and we need quality wings!!!!

This guy won't come in to play in the reserves like some of the other youngsters, this lad has played first team at Ajax and would again if he stayed. If he agrees to come here it will be to fight for a first team place, that doesn't mean he is the finished article, he still has room to grow and improve, but he is not a reservbe player at all.
For £6.5 million I'd snap him up straight away, I like Quaresma but with his attitude he would be just as big a gamble as Babel in my opinion and three times the price.
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peterc1992 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:43 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Kopite187 wrote:
Sean wrote:If we are going to go Dutch again then Huntelaar is the player we should be looking at.

agreed.

hes a good kid but i dont know why were even looking for another forward..

because robbies gone, bellamy virtually gnoe, pongolle and cisse gone.

all we got really is crouch and torres, and that veronin guy. unless we play stevie g in amore advanced role we will need another striker still, and personally id prefer babel, great player from the very little ive seen

You forgot Kuyt!lol...wed have kuyt,torres crouch and voronin!and this guy is young so theres no harm in having 5.He mite not get much football this year but if he will fight his way into the team and there will be great competition for places up front~!
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peterc1992 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:45 pm

Coiso wrote:And Freddy Adu...how much he costs? He seems to be a good player.

He can play anywhere across the midfield,would be a great investment!
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aeroxie » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:01 pm

14 Million euro's for Babel? Is Liverpool crazy? I'm a dutchman, and I can tell you that is 14 million not worth. He's not killer, look his stats:

2004/05 Ajax 20 - 7   
2005/06 Ajax 25 - 2   
2006/07 Ajax 27 - 5

Babel is overrated...
Aeroxie

Postby StefanoAFCA » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:08 pm

I'm dutch and a Ajax supporter. I think that Babel at least needs one more year of Eredivisie experience.
He has to work on his efficieny, to many of his actions and goal attemps fail. I have read that you are willing to pay 18 million euros. That is way to much for were Babel stands now. It really came as a suprise to me that there is a club that will pay this amount allready, my opinion is that he will be worth 18 million after one more year at Ajax. I won't like Babel going, but we can't say no to 18 million.
StefanoAFCA

Postby Scottbot » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:17 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tXNuMYrG7U&NR=1

looks like a talented player although (like Queresma) he is another right-footer who would probably prefer to play somewhere other than left-wing.

We need a left-winger. More than anything.

I still like the look of Queresma but i'd be very surprised if that happened because we are so strongly linked with Bennayoun.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:46 pm

RedorDead wrote:For £6.5 million I'd snap him up straight away, I like Quaresma but with his attitude he would be just as big a gamble as Babel in my opinion and three times the price.

for 6.5 yes, i'd definately take him, but its not looking that cheap!

£10mil bid for Babel

Liverpool make £10m bid for Babel 

Babel impressed for Holland in the European Under-21 Championship
Liverpool have made a £10m bid for highly-rated Ajax winger Ryan Babel, BBC Five Live Sport understands.
However, the Dutch club are thought to be holding out for £13.5m for the 20-year-old, who has also been linked to Arsenal.

Babel's agent told Sportweek magazine: "Liverpool have made a bid for Ryan but he hasn't spoken with them.

"We can only speak when Ajax say the clubs have an agreement, and phase two can start, but it's not that far yet."

But Five Live football correspondent Jonathan Legard has been told a deal could go through on Wednesday.

He said: "Liverpool have bid 15m euros (£10m), Ajax want 20 million euros (£13.5m) so there's a gap of about £3.5m.

------

If Babels gonna cost £10-13mil I'd DEFINATELY go for Quaresma.

I mean we've now got dutch fans on here saying he's good, but not THAT good... I'd be happier with someone who was THAT good already.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:53 pm

I think we'll sign Babel AND Quaresma this week!! :)
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby mikopool » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:06 pm

Freddy Adu is rubbish, he plays for the worst team in major league soccer, and from what I understand from fans of the club, he is third choice. Not a physical player and frankly would get eaten alive in the premier league.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:13 pm

peterc1992 wrote:

Being  DC native I hve followed Adu since he was 14? maybe 15, and I am a big fan of his even though he is unfaily getting written off as a bust even though he is only 18 and hasn't had any proper top level coaching that he needed to develop his talent in his formative years.  He is a little on the small side but you can tell by his U20 world cup form he is DETERMINED to prove his ditractors wrong.  Americans owners + most hyped american player of all time = many millions of American dollars making their way into Rafa's transfer kitty.  too bad the dollar is worthless.
JoeTerp

Postby Beerbaron » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:23 pm

Freddy Adu+Babel,what are we like.Were talken about risky players again,we sign them,theres a good chance that this time next year we'll be offloading them for half the price we paid,wasting more money,money that should be spent on players that are good enough to go straight into our first team this year.We've signed enough junk over the years,time to put a halt to that.Yes their young+could become great,but for the sums of money were talking here,i think we'd be mad.
Beerbaron

Postby Coiso » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:23 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
peterc1992 wrote:

Being  DC native I hve followed Adu since he was 14? maybe 15, and I am a big fan of his even though he is unfaily getting written off as a bust even though he is only 18 and hasn't had any proper top level coaching that he needed to develop his talent in his formative years.  He is a little on the small side but you can tell by his U20 world cup form he is DETERMINED to prove his ditractors wrong.  Americans owners + most hyped american player of all time = many millions of American dollars making their way into Rafa's transfer kitty.  too bad the dollar is worthless.

I heard that he gone to Salt Lake. Is that true?
Coiso

Postby Elchris » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:36 pm

StefanoAFCA wrote:I'm dutch and a Ajax supporter. I think that Babel at least needs one more year of Eredivisie experience.
He has to work on his efficieny, to many of his actions and goal attemps fail. I have read that you are willing to pay 18 million euros. That is way to much for were Babel stands now. It really came as a suprise to me that there is a club that will pay this amount allready, my opinion is that he will be worth 18 million after one more year at Ajax. I won't like Babel going, but we can't say no to 18 million.

If we waited for another year , then arsenal will come and snap him up , they will be much more competition for him. He cleary has the talent , the way he dribbles the ball , he looks so henry.
Elchris

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:47 pm

Coiso wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:
peterc1992 wrote:

I heard that he gone to Salt Lake. Is that true?

yes. in the off-season for the MLS that is Nov-feb. he was traded to Real Salt Lake.  There were some problems with our managers not playing freddy simply because he was young.  when he played he was the best option on the right wing or in Centre Attacking midfield, and it caused some tension.  Plus,  people felt he was using the club as a stepping stone to Europe, and the manager would rather play people that would be with the club for the long term.  I think in league play so far this season he started off slow, but his team is absolute :censored: so its hard to tell.  He has really turned his form around and is at the top of his game now in the U20 WC because he knows the big clubs will have people scouting the games, with a hat trick against Poland, and causing both goals against Brazil I think that SOMEONE will give him another trial.  And I think Real would look to trade him, because after this season he would either have to take a pay cut, or he would count as the teams Designated Player (David Beckham Rule) next season (was grandfathered in for this season).
JoeTerp

Postby Beerbaron » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:49 pm

yeah but for 18mil,i dont no,big risk for someone whos still not done much.18mil plus another 2 or 3,would nearly get us any winger we wanted.Alot of cash to risk on someone like that.Unless we could do something like buy him for 9 now,loan him back to Ajax for the year,which would keep the 2 of them happy+then pay the rest in installments depending on appearences etc. in the future..
Beerbaron

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion