Reds make bid for babel - According to his agent

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby alxy » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:56 pm

With so much money being promised by our new owners; as well as all that cash from the sales of Bellamy, Cisse, etc... why can't we go for both?

Imagine our team with both Babel and Quaresma prowling on our flanks. We really do need to add some flair into our side, more so now with Luis gone. Though I would hesitate to say Luis added that much flair. More unpredictability than outright flair.
alxy

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:59 pm

dawson99 wrote:
EddieC wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
Kopite187 wrote:
Sean wrote:If we are going to go Dutch again then Huntelaar is the player we should be looking at.

agreed.

hes a good kid but i dont know why were even looking for another forward..

because robbies gone, bellamy virtually gnoe, pongolle and cisse gone.

all we got really is crouch and torres, and that veronin guy. unless we play stevie g in amore advanced role we will need another striker still, and personally id prefer babel, great player from the very little ive seen

Kuyt?

D'oh!

Strikers arn't like ex girlfriends Dawson, your not supposed to forget them as soon as you get a flashy new one  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:06 pm

metalhead wrote:He also remains keen to sign West Ham’s Yossi Benayoun, although the Hammers still want as much as £6m for the Israeli international, which may yet prove a stumbling block.

Craig Bellamy will move to Upton Park for £8m once he reaches agreement on the pay-off he’s expecting from Liverpool.

Djibril Cisse has joined Marseilles in a deal worth £8m, while Mark Gonzalez is joining Real Betis for £3.5m.

With Luis Garcia and Florent Sinama-Pongolle also moving on for a combined value of around £5m, Liverpool have been equally impressive raising the funds to finance Benitez’s summer spending spree.

Source

-----------------

Screw benayoun, get Babel and Quaresma.

i agree with your last sentence there!

If babel is £10mil, then i'd rather take Quaresma for an extra couple of million.

If Babel is around 6mil, i'd scrap the whole benayoun thing and get both, as you suggested.

if you look at it, going on rough estimates so far:

IN: Torres (£20mil) + Voronin (0)  = £20mil

OUT: ?Bellamy (7) + ?Cisse (6) + Garcia (4)+ FSP (2.7) + ?Gonzalez (3.5) = £23mil

Therefore, despite our buyout, we've hardly spent a thing! (if deals for bellamy/cisse/gonzo)

- If 1 or 2 new players were to arrive, you'd really hope they weren't just the cheapest options, because we didnt want to spend 14mil on Quaresma
Last edited by Redman in wales on Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:10 pm

Babel is a good player, but he is right footed, can play on the Left wing but see's himself as a striker.
If we did sign him, I would of thought he would get annoyed at being played out of his favoured position after a while.
Everyone on here gives their opinion of who we should sign, so here goes.
I would go  for Wesley Snieder, can play on both wings and behind the front men. Seen him a fair few times and looks very talented to me.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Coiso » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:15 pm

I only saw him playing in Holland sub-21 :( ...anyone saw him playing at Dutch League?
Coiso

Postby puroresu » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:15 pm

Redman in wales wrote:
metalhead wrote:He also remains keen to sign West Ham's Yossi Benayoun, although the Hammers still want as much as £6m for the Israeli international, which may yet prove a stumbling block.

Craig Bellamy will move to Upton Park for £8m once he reaches agreement on the pay-off he's expecting from Liverpool.

Djibril Cisse has joined Marseilles in a deal worth £8m, while Mark Gonzalez is joining Real Betis for £3.5m.

With Luis Garcia and Florent Sinama-Pongolle also moving on for a combined value of around £5m, Liverpool have been equally impressive raising the funds to finance Benitez's summer spending spree.

Source

-----------------

Screw benayoun, get Babel and Quaresma.

i agree with your last sentence there!

If babel is £10mil, then i'd rather take Quaresma for an extra couple of million.

If Babel is around 6mil, i'd scrap the whole benayoun thing and get both, as you suggested.

if you look at it, going on rough estimates so far:

IN: Torres (£20mil) + Voronin (0)  = £20mil

OUT: ?Bellamy (7) + ?Cisse (6) + Garcia (4)+ FSP (2.7) + ?Gonzalez (3.5) = £23mil

Therefore, despite our buyout, we've hardly spent a thing! (if deals for bellamy/cisse/gonzo)

- If 1 or 2 new players were to arrive, you'd really hope they weren't just the cheapest options, because we didnt want to spend 14mil on Quaresma

Plus the money spent on Lucas.

I would scrap Yossi Benayoun and get Babel and the portuguese genuis.

Sneijder very talented but I think Ajax want £12 mil.  He had his heart set on a move to Valencia but Ajax wouldnt drop there price.
puroresu

Postby JamCar05 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:18 pm

I agree about taking a strong look at Wesley Sneijder Dav, he has impressed me for both the dutch national side and Ajax as well, and seems to be able to slot in everywhere in midfield. Have heard somewhere that Spurs were looking at him, and I think we ought to do the same. That being said I would still love for us to sign Quaresma, as we definitely need an out-and-out winger very much.
JamCar05

Postby Coiso » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:29 pm

And Freddy Adu...how much he costs? He seems to be a good player.
Last edited by Coiso on Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coiso

Postby egyptian liverpoolian » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:32 pm

He is a good young player ,play with right foor and can play as left winger too , but that not more we need a super star play with us if we are series to combating in tittle barclyes tittle
my real name is mostafa
i am muslim, arab , egyptian
and i adore liverpool
egyptian liverpoolian

Postby stmichael » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:45 pm

Would be a good signing. I see him like an upgrade of Bellamy but more composed in the final third.

As people have already said, the lad is versatile as well and would slot comfortably into the 3-4-3 system that Rafa favours in some away games.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Paul C » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:15 pm

I don't get it, Rafa was shouting his mouth off about always buying second rate players due to the lack of money and now he's trying to by a winger who will help us win the league with £6m-£8m and looking at the likes of Benayoun and Babel, both GOOD players but not at the level we need to be.

Also it's also about entertaining the fans, thus getting Quaresma  :;):
Last edited by Paul C on Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:26 pm

Paul C wrote:I don't get it, Rafa was shouting his mouth off about always buying second rate players due to the lack of money and now he's trying to by a winger who will help us win the league with £6m-£8m and looking at the likes of Benayoun and Babel, both GOOD players but not at the level we need to be.

Rafa loves to buy young talent, he has bought up youth from Spain, England and all over Europe, I see Babel as a step on from this level as he has a fair bit of first team experience BUT he is still very young and one for the future.
He wouldn't come in and solve our wide problems, he'd be nurtured and developed and in a season or two could really be a world beater. I'm half dutch and follow the Eredivisie as best I can and this lad is highly regarded over there.
Someone mentioned Wesley Sneijder too, he is top drawer and would be a good addition too but he likes to play more central and plays similar to Alonso so can't see him as an option for us, quality but we hardly need centre midfielders now.
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:26 pm

Paul C wrote:I don't get it, Rafa was shouting his mouth off about always buying second rate players due to the lack of money and now he's trying to by a winger who will help us win the league with £6m-£8m and looking at the likes of Benayoun and Babel, both GOOD players but not at the level we need to be.

Agree.  Its all about entertainment as well.  More flair is needed.  Quarasema is a bag of tricks.  They may not all come off but many of them do and his someone who can get the fans excited when he gets the ball.  Maybe, just maybe a replacement for Barnes.
puroresu

Postby Paul C » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:29 pm

RedorDead wrote:

Rafa loves to buy young talent, he has bought up youth from Spain, England and all over Europe, I see Babel as a step on from this level as he has a fair bit of first team experience BUT he is still very young and one for the future.
He wouldn't come in and solve our wide problems, he'd be nurtured and developed and in a season or two could really be a world beater. I'm half dutch and follow the Eredivisie as best I can and this lad is highly regarded over there.
Someone mentioned Wesley Sneijder too, he is top drawer and would be a good addition too but he likes to play more central and plays similar to Alonso so can't see him as an option for us, quality but we hardly need centre midfielders now.

It's all good buying players for the future but all the young players that were in the reserve team have been w3nk, plus no youngsters have been given a sniff at the first team apart from Darren Potter and we know how sh1t.e he was  :angry:

The main concern is the first team and we need quality wings!!!!
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:36 pm

I was impressed with Babel in the U21 tournament.

He is a tall strong lad with good footwork and balance plus an eye for goal.

Reports where that Arsenal wanted him but he had chosen to stay one more year with Ajax before moving on.

A versatile young forward who would be an excellent buy imo at a very good price.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion