Reds make bid for babel - According to his agent

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:01 pm

Bit more than just a rumour?
-------
From SSN:

Reds make bid for Ajax ace

Liverpool have made an offer for Ryan Babel, according to the Ajax forward's agent.

The youngster impressed for Holland at the recent European Under 21 Championship and has been strongly linked with Arsenal.

Babel has admitted he envisages playing for the Gunners at some stage in his career, but cast doubt on a summer move to Emirates Stadium.

However, he could now have the option of a transfer to Liverpool after Babel's agent Winnie Haatrecht revealed the UEFA Champions League finalists' interest.

"I won't say anything about the amounts currently mentioned, however I can confirm Ajax have received an official bid from Liverpool," Haatrecht told Dutch magazine Sportweek.

"Ryan has not spoken with the club.

"Only if Ajax tell us they have an agreement, and state we can talk, will phase two begin.

"In that phase you will look at what Liverpool want, what their plans are with Babel.

"After that, the financial part will come, but it's not that far.

"First, we have to wait for both clubs to get a deal."

--------

Personally I'd prefer Quaresma on the wings, but I do see the versatility of Babel, being a 2nd striker, sort of taking up where Garcia left off.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:07 pm

Id prefer Babel. Although its not that much better I think the demands of the Dutch league are a bit higher than in Portugal.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:20 pm

bavlondon wrote:Id prefer Babel. Although its not that much better I think the demands of the Dutch league are a bit higher than in Portugal.

Not sure about that.  I would say the opposite.
puroresu

Postby Sean » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:26 pm

If we are going to go Dutch again then Huntelaar is the player we should be looking at.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopite187 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:33 pm

Sean wrote:If we are going to go Dutch again then Huntelaar is the player we should be looking at.

agreed.

hes a good kid but i dont know why were even looking for another forward..
Kopite187

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:38 pm

Kopite187 wrote:
Sean wrote:If we are going to go Dutch again then Huntelaar is the player we should be looking at.

agreed.

because robbies gone, bellamy virtually gnoe, pongolle and cisse gone.

all we got really is crouch and torres, and that veronin guy. unless we play stevie g in amore advanced role we will need another striker still, and personally id prefer babel, great player from the very little ive seen
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby EddieC » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:39 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Kopite187 wrote:

agreed.

all we got really is crouch and torres, and that veronin guy. unless we play stevie g in amore advanced role we will need another striker still, and personally id prefer babel, great player from the very little ive seen

Kuyt?
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:03 pm

Actually the few times i have seen babel play he hasn't impressed with too much... But willing to give him the benefit of doubt this time...  :D 

But i really would prefer Quaresma...... I mean this guy will make us champs... no doubt.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:06 pm

Babel looks like a cheaper option to quaresma but nevertheless the quality is there...would be a good signing if we got him for 10mp
Elchris

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:11 pm

Elchris wrote:Babel looks like a cheaper option to quaresma but nevertheless the quality is there...would be a good signing if we got him for 10mp

I read that we bid 6.75 million for him...not 10 million.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:36 pm

10 mil Euro's
puroresu

Postby metalhead » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:39 pm

Reds hunt £10m BabelJul 9 2007
by Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL are closing in on rising Dutch star Ryan Babel.

The Reds are in a strong position to land the 20-year-old having started negotiations with Ajax for the £10m-rated starlet.

Manager Rafa Benitez turned his attention to the exciting frontman having lost out to Chelsea in the battle for Lyon’s Florent Malouda.

Now Babel, a versatile attacker who can play as a striker, left or right winger, has jumped to the top of the Reds’ wanted list.

Babel was a star in the recent European Under-21 Championships when he was named man-of-the-match in Holland’s 4-1 win over Serbia.

He’s attracted interest from a host of clubs, with Arsenal initially considered his most likely destination.

But Liverpool have acted swiftly in the transfer market in recent weeks, with the working relationship between Benitez and chief executive Rick Parry yielding positive results.

Liverpool are confident Babel’s signature will be secured imminently as the youngster has stated his desire to move to Anfield.

Following last week’s £18m purchase of Fernando Torres, Benitez will be delighted to see another key stage of his summer transfer rebuilding plans taking shape.

He also remains keen to sign West Ham’s Yossi Benayoun, although the Hammers still want as much as £6m for the Israeli international, which may yet prove a stumbling block.

Craig Bellamy will move to Upton Park for £8m once he reaches agreement on the pay-off he’s expecting from Liverpool.

Djibril Cisse has joined Marseilles in a deal worth £8m, while Mark Gonzalez is joining Real Betis for £3.5m.

With Luis Garcia and Florent Sinama-Pongolle also moving on for a combined value of around £5m, Liverpool have been equally impressive raising the funds to finance Benitez’s summer spending spree.

Source

-----------------

Screw benayoun, get Babel and Quaresma.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:39 pm

He isnt a bad player at all and at 6 or 7 million then the price seems ok, however I still think we could get Queresma in as well.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby grayghost » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:46 pm

Babel is only young he does have the talent i would not mind this signing but would prefer Quaresma
grayghost

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:52 pm

EddieC wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
Kopite187 wrote:

agreed.

Kuyt?

D'oh!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion