Reds make bid for babel - According to his agent

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby AFCAjax1986 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:35 pm

Im an Ajax fan myself and was very suprised to hear they wanted him so bad.. and if Liverpool is willing to pay 20 mil euro's for him they're crazy.. or their scouts are seeing soemthing else then me. :p

Wouldnt mind Babel leaving for that much money though. There's alot better around then him. Babel has his moments were he can play superb but he never seems to be able to keep himself on that level. His ball controll is pretty f*cked up and his distance shot arent what they used to be either.

Oh well just rumours. We will see what heppens :laugh:
AFCAjax1986

Postby StefanoAFCA » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:38 pm

There is a big chance that if you get him now, that his talent will be ruined. He isn't good enough to make enough minutes in your squad. And because he doesn't play, he won't get any better. If he stays at Ajax for another year he will get good enough for your starting eleven. I don't even understand why you want him, you want a player for your left wing, but he isn't a real winger, he has a poor cross and is right footed.
The deal that Beerbaron suggests would be the best thing. Then you are secured that you can use a big talent in the future and Ajax is happy because we get the money and we don't have to look for another player on his position at this moment.
StefanoAFCA

Postby Reg » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:01 pm

All players start young, inexperienced and needing to fine tune their skills. The secret is to be able to spot them then guide then into the great player the scout believes they can be.

Jeez I must be getting old......... :blues:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:00 pm

Babel is highly rated by Van Basten and looked promising in the U21 Championships.

He may be a rookie but appears to have all the attributes to make himself an effective player at a highest level.

Everyone has opinions on players and obviously some dont rate Babel but from what I saw of him in the recent tournament he appeared useful to me.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:36 pm

Hes already been capped a few times hasnt he? And I think he scored one of 2 aswell on his debut. His versatility could work well for us given that Harry will probabaly be out for 5 months come September. :p
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:52 pm

bavlondon wrote:Hes already been capped a few times hasnt he? And I think he scored one of 2 aswell on his debut. His versatility could work well for us given that Harry will probabaly be out for 5 months come September. :p

I dont gamble but an Australian wanted to bet Kewell would score more than 10 league goals next season.  If I did gamble I would of been all over it as there is no guarantee he will play 10 games.
puroresu

Postby puroresu » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:54 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6285040.stm

£13.5 mil is a expensive. Ribery only went for £16 million.
puroresu

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:08 pm

Too expensive in Manhattan's opinion.

But if he signed, I suppose that would be OK.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aeroxie » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:21 pm

Elchris wrote:
StefanoAFCA wrote:I'm dutch and a Ajax supporter. I think that Babel at least needs one more year of Eredivisie experience.
He has to work on his efficieny, to many of his actions and goal attemps fail. I have read that you are willing to pay 18 million euros. That is way to much for were Babel stands now. It really came as a suprise to me that there is a club that will pay this amount allready, my opinion is that he will be worth 18 million after one more year at Ajax. I won't like Babel going, but we can't say no to 18 million.

If we waited for another year , then arsenal will come and snap him up , they will be much more competition for him. He cleary has the talent , the way he dribbles the ball , he looks so henry.

Looks like Henry?? Are you crazy? Henry is a killer, Babel scores max 5 goals a year.
Have you see the ball control of Babel? My little cousin has a batter ball control then Babel.
And I'm a Ajax fan!
Last edited by Aeroxie on Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aeroxie

Postby RedorDead » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:23 pm

puroresu wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6285040.stm

£13.5 mil is a expensive. Ribery only went for £16 million.

I read this article and it said an offer of £6.75 mill was put down, then it went to £10mill and now they want £13.5 mill....I think it is too much for a player who is unproven at the very top, I rate him and think he could be a success here but it is a huge gamble for that money.
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:37 pm

£10m is extortionate for Babel. I have nothing against him as a player, indeed I think he looks a decent prospect, but he's done nothing to justify anything like that price tag.

If we're upping prices based on performances in the U-21 Championship, will we see Leroy Lita moving on for £15m in the coming weeks?

It's like Diouf all over again - a couple of good performances in internationals and suddenly the millions on the price tag are in double figures. :no

If Babel's being lined up for the first team, we honestly may as well have kept Garcia and saved our money.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Aeroxie » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:41 pm

Stats Babel
2003/04 Ajax 1 games - 0 goals 
2004/05 Ajax 20 games - 7 goals
2005/06 Ajax 25 games - 2 goals   
2006/07 Ajax 27 games - 5 goals 
Totaal   73 games - 14 goals

A average of 1 goal by 5,2 games

:sniffle
Last edited by Aeroxie on Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aeroxie

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:43 pm

And, not being funny, but some of the football in the Dutch league at the moment is f*cking w*nk. Some of the most inept defences I've seen in my life, at any level of professional football.
ivor_the_injun

Postby puroresu » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:52 pm

I would rather pay more for Quaresema.  I would rather have got Malouda for £13.5.  Babel looks decent but £7 mil max and thats it.
puroresu

Postby StefanoAFCA » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:00 pm

And, not being funny, but some of the football in the Dutch league at the moment is f*cking w*nk. Some of the most inept defences I've seen in my life, at any level of professional football.

It's true that our league isn't famous for our great defensive skills, but it has a reason. We dutch have another vision on how football should be played. And it involves defenders and even goalkeepers that have more then average technique. I also think that is a bit strange, but that's just the way it is. Still there are some teams that pay more attention to their defence like PSV and Heerenveen. I know that you defeated PSV easiliy this year, but when you played against them, they were in poor shape. In that period they lost 11 points in the league and we (Ajax) destoyed them with 1-5.
StefanoAFCA

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion