Reds make move for lucas niel - Bid is made

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby el_stinger » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:57 am

Look, I don't like the guy. Im Aussie, and I don't think its a good idea. All the talk about Barca interested in him is rubbish, as it was Australia's assistant national coach that started the rumour. Anyway here is the article. Hope Rafa thinks long and hard about this one, and if he does come, he better offer an apology to Carra.

Reds make Neill move
By Graeme Bailey

Skysports.com can understand that Liverpool have lodged a bid for Lucas Neill.

The Reds are now waiting to hear from Blackburn as to whether or not they are willing to do business.

Neill is entering the last year of his contract and has made it clear to Rovers that he is highly unlikely to be signing a new deal.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is keen to bolster his defensive options and that fact that Neill can play anywhere across the back four is sure to appeal.

Neill was outstanding during the World Cup finals for Australia, where he operated in central defence - while during his time at Blackburn he has established himself as one of the most competent defenders in The Premiership.

Blackburn are keen to keep Neill, but they are already looking at alternatives with Manchester City's Danny Mills top of their list.

Mills is keen to secure regular first team football and Mark Hughes is keen to offer him the chance of a move to Ewood Park.

The likes of Tottenham and Newcastle are also keen to land Neill, but Liverpool look very much in pole position to secure his signature.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:02 pm

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby el_stinger » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:03 pm

yaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:05 pm

as long as he's ONLY used as a back up to finnan...5 games for him all season and i'd be happy

I dont like his temperament... like the article i posted in the rumour mill, he broke Carras leg a couple of years ago, then 1 game after his 3 match ban for his red card againat us he got red carded in a cup game against us

:no
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:25 pm

looks like he's all set for a medical....so unless there's a problem there, he's a liverpool player.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:29 pm

Redman in wales wrote:as long as he's ONLY used as a back up to finnan...5 games for him all season and i'd be happy

I dont like his temperament... like the article i posted in the rumour mill, he broke Carras leg a couple of years ago, then 1 game after his 3 match ban for his red card againat us he got red carded in a cup game against us

With his disciplinarary record he'd be lucky to get to 5 games!!  :p
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gsker1 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:46 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:as long as he's ONLY used as a back up to finnan...5 games for him all season and i'd be happy

Lucas Neill is an awesome player, he was Australia's best player at the world cup.  Once/if he joins Liverpool it would be the best move for him, and it would benefit Liverpool immensely.

Yes he gets in trouble a bit for Rovers, but playing for a team like that who wouldn't .. LOL
gsker1

Postby onizukaeikichi » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:47 pm

why are we going for him? save the money for alves in Jan! :angry:
onizukaeikichi

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:47 pm

onizukaeikichi wrote:why are we going for him? save the money for alves in Jan! :angry:

12 million for Alves??  don't think so..
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:53 pm

I think its pretty obvious Raffa is looking at him coz he can play anywhere in the back 4 and right now we have a shortage of defensive players so early in the season.

With Carra and Warnock both out after only 2 league games, we have no cover for Aurelio and only 3 centre backs, one of which , Palleta is young with no premiership experience.

At only 2 million Lucas Neil offers us great cover for the whole back 4, although I like others am concerned about his overall attitude on the pitch
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:59 pm

gsker1 wrote:
RUSHIE#9 wrote:

Yes he gets in trouble a bit for Rovers, but playing for a team like that who wouldn't .. LOL

I agree with ya about playing for Blackburn being an aggressive side. Who knows, in a more disciplined side Neill may benefit from cooler heads around him on and off the pitch. Mark Hughes was never a saint on the pitch and I can only see him instilling that manner in his team.  However I'm still concerned about whether he's good enough for Liverpool. Only time will tell I suppose.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:07 pm

Breaking news on SSN:

The offer has been rejected
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gsker1 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:09 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:Breaking news on SSN:

Your joking right?  what's the link?
gsker1

Postby davo_LFC » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:09 pm

i dont think he's a bad player like but he is a tw@t, his discipline is shockin to be fair, and his leg break on carra was terrible. he'd be a good back up player i suppose
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:11 pm

gsker1 wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:Breaking news on SSN:

Your joking right?  what's the link?

there's no link they just said it on Sky Sports News. I'll have a search for one.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion