Reds make bid for babel - According to his agent

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fauxy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:03 pm

I wouldnt mind if he went to Arsenal, I cant see what Wenger could do to improve Babel because its down to the lads intelligence.

Unless Wenger can make some kind of brain transplant and turn him into a genius  ???
Fauxy

Postby sixbuster » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:13 pm

take the money before they realise what they have bought:)
Forever a red
sixbuster

Postby ConnO'var » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:33 am

bigmick wrote:I'd flog him, but I'd be a tad nervous about him going to Arsenal. Hand on heart, if there's one manager in the World who would have a chance of unlocking something in the fella it's Wenger. If he went there, give it a couple of months and none of us would be able to recognise the fecker.

Agreed.

I would not sell anyone to Wenger..... not even the tea lady. He has the potential of converting her into another Ian Wright.

:D
ConnO'var

Postby tubby » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:55 am

The writing was on the wall with Babel. Pretty much every single dutch supporter wasn't bothered to see him go, infact some were even celebrating.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rockthekop » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:06 am

If he is such a poor player then why hasn't Rafa got rid.  He will never make Babel a left winger, it just doesn't work.  If he doesn't rate him then he should then sell him.

The same with Lucas, he's nowhere near good enough yet Rafa keeps playing him.  Lucas is as creative as a wet fart.

If something has been tried and tried and doesn't work, you change it.  You don't keep making the same mistakes over and over.
Rockthekop

Postby tubby » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:14 am

Because no one will buy him for the price we want. We would probably not get higher than 5Mil for him. Hopefully he has a good world cup and someone becomes interested in him. Rafa is usually quick to get rid of the lads that dont work but given he has to sell to buy now (and even then he doesn't get all of what he rakes in) he is forced to stick with him.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:17 am

Rockthekop wrote:The same with Lucas, he's nowhere near good enough yet Rafa keeps playing him.  Lucas is as creative as a wet fart.

I wouldn't really get rid of Lucas as i think he will make an aqequate replacement if mascherano gets injured or suspended. We are already short of central midfielders... It would be a mistake to get rid of lucas without any replacement.

Lucas = strictly a replacement for mascherano.

Lucas <> to be played alongside mascherano
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:31 am

Will this happen before Monday and Babel go as well?

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez to spend £100million on Silva, Villa and Barry

By Mirror Sport, sundaymirror.co.uk 22/03/2009

Rafa Benitez will be given the green light to spend up to £100 million to ensure Liverpool challenge for major honours at home and abroad.

Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr, the club's American owners, will also allow Benitez to reinvest any money raised by selling players.

Benitez's list of targets includes David Villa and David Silva of Valencia, Gareth Barry at Villa and Antonio Valencia at Wigan.

Liverpool have also restructured Benitez's personal bonuses.

He will receive £1million for winning either the Premier League or Champions League and £500,000 for the FA or Carling Cup.

Ffs - just how much utter sh.ite can they write and get away with??!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Rockthekop » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:35 am

Well to be fair I didn't actually say we should get rid of him but as a creative force he's got nothing in his locker.

It's not his fault though that he's not good enough in the creative capacity, Rafa has asked him to do something he's not good at so you have to wonder what Rafa is thinking.  Square peg, round hole.

As you say he should be an adequate replacement if mascherano is injured or suspended.  Playing Lucas alongside mascherano is a big no no.
Rockthekop

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:38 am

devaney wrote:Gareth Barry at Villa

The first clue that this story might not be quite the scoop it purports to be!  :laugh:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:53 am

Bad Bob wrote:
devaney wrote:Gareth Barry at Villa

The first clue that this story might not be quite the scoop it purports to be!  :laugh:

The date says 22 March 2009 Bob, that is what they were saying back then. It probably caused a rash of posts on the subject, shows how much cr@p the papers spout.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion