Reds make bid for babel - According to his agent

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby puroresu » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:59 am

StefanoAFCA wrote:
heh all, my first post so go easy please.
i for one hope that this ryan babel chap signs for us. if arsene wenger was interested then thats a good sign as arsenals recruitment is one of the best around. However we are now taking over that mantel with some astute raids on clubs in the last few weeks. Hopefully this will turn out to be a purchase for the future in the sense that if this ryan babel is that good (£13.5 mil) he will keep that value.
But make no mistake we have to be careful not to purchase on a whim i.e le tallec. One of the best up and coming players in world football according GH. never cut the mustard at all

fingers crossed Ryan Babel can be a wonder stroke. Much needed speed and ability and a producer of goals as well as a scorer. Torres may well have found a new best friend. In rafa we trust

Wenger sees a lot of talent in Babel, also our manager Ten Cate sees something special in him. This are two managers who know what they are talking about. Wenger works a lot with young talents and Ten Cate was assistant manager at Barcelona when they won the CL, so he has worked with players like Messi and Ronaldinho. I'm a little bit affraid that you will ruin his talent, when he would go to arsenal I'm sure it will work out fine. Van Persie also needed a lot of fine tuning when he came to highbury and now he is a great player. Wenger knows how to use talents. Rafa is a great tactical coach, but I don't really know how good he is with talents. At this moment Babel ísn't good enough for your starting eleven, he will need to play a lot to become better.

Wenger is very very good at developing young players.  The whole youth teams are instructed to play just like the 1st team to groom them for the style Arsenal play.

I cant judge Rafa's experience with kids as its only now he has full control of the youth development.
puroresu

Postby StefanoAFCA » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:07 am

There are some people that don't see a Henry in him. But I do.
He's strong, fast, has a hard shot, has a lot of technique. But there just are to many flaws at this moment. His shot is inaccurate and still to many of his actions at the leftflank fail.
But I have a lot of trust that he will become a great player.

1994/95  AS Monaco 8 3 Ligue 1
1995/96  AS Monaco 23 3 Ligue 1
1996/97  AS Monaco 36 9 Ligue 1
1997/98  AS Monaco 30 4 Ligue 1
1998/99  AS Monaco 13 1 Ligue 1
1998/99  Juventus 16 3 Serie A

As you can see, Henry also had trouble scoring in the early days of his career.
But Henry failed at Juventus and I'm affraid that this will happen to Babel if he would go to Liverpool this summer.
He just isn't ready and the strange thing is that Babel a month ago said he isn't ready. So what, in a month time he has become ready, don't know what is up with this guy.
StefanoAFCA

Postby puroresu » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:22 am

StefanoAFCA wrote:There are some people that don't see a Henry in him. But I do.
He's strong, fast, has a hard shot, has a lot of technique. But there just are to many flaws at this moment. His shot is inaccurate and still to many of his actions at the leftflank fail.

But Henry failed at Juventus and I'm affraid that this will happen to Babel if he would go to Liverpool this summer.
He just isn't ready and the strange thing is that Babel a month ago said he isn't ready. So what, in a month time he has become ready, don't know what is up with this guy.

He probably isnt ready as he says however what can he do if the club accept a bid.
puroresu

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:31 am

puroresu wrote:
StefanoAFCA wrote:There are some people that don't see a Henry in him. But I do.

He probably isnt ready as he says however what can he do if the club accept a bid.

he could turn down the offer

He is highly rated and after seeing him play for the Dutch U-21s I'd be happy for us to buy him, lets face it he can't do any worse than Gonzalez and Zenden did last year. If he arrives this summer it will propbably be a learning curve and he'll be bedded into the starting 11.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby StefanoAFCA » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:34 am

That's true, can't blame my club for accepting that bid though. If you would have waited one more season he would worth something like 18 or 20 million. But now it's to late, if he would stay at Ajax for one more year, his price will be higher next year, because Ajax knows what the clubs were willing to pay this season. If you really really want him, I would say buy and send him out on loan for another year. But he just won't do you any good next season if he would play at Liverpool.
StefanoAFCA

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:35 am

with all these comparisons to henry, the next question is not whether we want 'the next henry' (because, lets face it who wouldn't) but whether he would turn that way under us? - tbh i dont think he will. we have 4 strikers: torres, kuyt, crouch and voronin, we only have 2 real wingers: kewell and pennant. We needs wingers. If he plays for the first team, the likelyhood is that he'll only play on the wing, and so therefore, not be given the chance as a striker like henry was given.
Last edited by Redman in wales on Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby StefanoAFCA » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:39 am

I even have my doubts if he is the player that you are looking for. He isn't a real winger. In the Ajax youth he was a striker and also made his debut in the first team as a striker. Last season he played at the left wing, but he has a poor cross and is right footed. So he has to go all the way to the box and pass the ball by the ground. Or he goes into the box and shoots at goal. But you can't expect him to cross all the way from the sideline or something.
StefanoAFCA

Postby benf » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:57 am

He sounds great has Babel's rep actually said a certain amount of money
benf

Postby StefanoAFCA » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:18 am

He sounds great has Babel's rep actually said a certain amount of money

Not that I know of, all that is said is that it's more then 14 million euros. And the newspapers say that your bid lies somewhere between 18 and 20 million euros.
StefanoAFCA

Postby StefanoAFCA » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:22 am

I have a question, can one of you guys tell me how Kanu is doing?
Because we at Ajax hope that he will return to us this summer.
All I know is that he refuses to sign a new contract at Portsmouth.
But is he still ok or total rubbish?
At Ajax they want to buy a Crouch type of player and we supporters think that Kanu would be the best option.
StefanoAFCA

Postby roberto green » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:26 am

Of what ive heard im not to fussed on this move, the only good thing i suppose is that you dont take as much of a gamble on dutch and scandanavian players because they normally settle in quicker, but im afraid its another player in with an unknown quantity, but they are getting alot more expensive now
roberto green

Postby puroresu » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:43 am

StefanoAFCA wrote:I have a question, can one of you guys tell me how Kanu is doing?
Because we at Ajax hope that he will return to us this summer.
All I know is that he refuses to sign a new contract at Portsmouth.
But is he still ok or total rubbish?
At Ajax they want to buy a Crouch type of player and we supporters think that Kanu would be the best option.

He played very well last season!!
puroresu

Postby StefanoAFCA » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:50 am

He played very well last season!!

Thx mate, then I really hope that Ajax will get him now.
Would be the third player from the mid 90's to return to us.
First Litmanen, then Davids and hopefully now Kanu.
StefanoAFCA

Postby metalhead » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:51 am

Babel flattered by Reds interest
By Peter ORourke -  Created on 10 Jul 2007

Ajax ace Ryan Babel has admitted he is flattered by Liverpool's interest in him.

The Reds have tabled a bid for the Dutch international as they look to bring the talented youngster to Anfield.

Ajax have confirmed that they are in talks with Liverpool about a possible deal for Babel, with the Dutch club thought to be holding out for £13.5million for the forward.

Babel, who has been linked with Arsenal in the past, says he is interested in Liverpool's move for him.

"I had heard that there were some stories on the internet but that happens quite often," Babel told AD Sportwereld.

"This (Liverpool's interest) is serious news to me.

"I haven't thought about a transfer for a minute, I will do that soon though.

"That such a big club is interested is of course very nice."

Ajax's technical director Martin van Geel has confirmed they are looking for £13.5million for Babel and that a deal could be done soon.

"Liverpool is willing to pay a huge sum for Ryan," van Geel told AD Sportwereld.

"We have told them what we want, and that's €20million(£13.5m). That is our price.

"We would like to see Babel play here next season, it's not for nothing that we have extended his contract until June 2010.

"But if these kind of clubs want to pay us these figures it says something.

"We will see if we can reach a deal in the coming days."

SKYSPORTS

--------------

It does look serious, 13.5m for a youngster is alot of money, I havn't seen him regularly play yet, but what I can tell that he has alot of pace, and a very good dribbler.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:57 am

bavlondon wrote:
lakes10 wrote:hmm thats a lot of money for him.
shame we have not spent any money on getting english players.

Which Enlglish players are on the market right now that would suit us? Apart from Micah Richards I cant really think of anyone and even he isnt proven yet.

well just said it. Micah Richards
dont forget if you make i known that you like a player the whos know what might happen, they migt turn up at your door asking to come in.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion