Reds make bid for babel - According to his agent

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:14 pm

Why bump this ? Its over two years old.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:28 pm

Ciggy wrote:Why bump this ? Its over two years old.

I was reading some of the comments and that bit I quoted was very interesting indeed, in relation to Babel that is.

Would you agree with what Babel and Rafa said at the time?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:31 pm

Owzat wrote:

I was reading some of the comments and that bit I quoted was very interesting indeed, in relation to Babel that is.

Cant be @rsed reading back thru the topic its to late, but I have faith in Babel and believe he will come good next season if he stays and gets his head down.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:36 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Owzat wrote:

Cant be @rsed reading back thru the topic its to late, but I have faith in Babel and believe he will come good next season if he stays and gets his head down.

So you're not one of those who thinks we should cash in now? I have mixed feelings, I certainly wouldn't want to take a big hit but he did little to justify a squad place last season let alone bench or starting XI.

But there has been a lot of talk over various ins and outs, very little real activity as yet.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:24 am

Owzat wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
Owzat wrote:

So you're not one of those who thinks we should cash in now? I have mixed feelings, I certainly wouldn't want to take a big hit but he did little to justify a squad place last season let alone bench or starting XI.

But there has been a lot of talk over various ins and outs, very little real activity as yet.

I still believe he has game-changing ability coming off the bench but it looked like he'd lost Rafa's trust completely the 2nd half of the season and i'm not sure he'll get the playing time he craves next season. If someon was willing to come in and pay £8 million 9not sure we could get anymore) then i'd be happy to let him go. I just can't see him getting past Riera and Yossi plus the manager doesn't fancy him upfront.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:22 am

Babel never has been and never will be good enough in the Prem.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:20 am

The_Rock wrote:Actually the few times i have seen babel play he hasn't impressed with too much... But willing to give him the benefit of doubt this time...  :D 

But i really would prefer Quaresma...... I mean this guy will make us champs... no doubt.

Well seems i was right about babel.......  :laugh:

But boy was i wrong with Quaresma......  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:58 am

Scottbot wrote:
Owzat wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
Owzat wrote:

I still believe he has game-changing ability coming off the bench but it looked like he'd lost Rafa's trust completely the 2nd half of the season and i'm not sure he'll get the playing time he craves next season. If someon was willing to come in and pay £8 million 9not sure we could get anymore) then i'd be happy to let him go. I just can't see him getting past Riera and Yossi plus the manager doesn't fancy him upfront.

One reason I'd probably keep him unless a bid was too tempting, is that he offers more than one option off the bench ie can play left, right or CF. The problem he doesn't often do enough so you wonder if it's worth having someone on the bench who can play several positions badly.

Either way, whether we keep or sell, surely this season has to be the one he comes good - if he gets the chance. If not then another season after that would be extravagant. Come the end of a bad 09/10 what would the price be down to then? £3m ?

Did Babel (£11.5m) do better or worse than N'Gog (£1.5m) in terms of performances? Not comparable employment in terms of position, but N'Gog didn't exactly get time on the pitch - Babel 1672-607 N'Gog (minutes on pitch 08/09)
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:22 pm

We should just cash him in I reckon.. his brains are in his undies.
Fauxy

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:56 pm

The_Rock wrote:
The_Rock wrote:Actually the few times i have seen babel play he hasn't impressed with too much... But willing to give him the benefit of doubt this time...  :D 

But i really would prefer Quaresma...... I mean this guy will make us champs... no doubt.

Well seems i was right about babel.......  :laugh:

But boy was i wrong with Quaresma......  :p

:laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby thegreedo » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:28 pm

For me the boy seems to lack confidence. He shows glimpses of talent and seems to be able to finish more often than not when faced with a scoring oppertunity. Far too often he hovers on the periphery of a game without really getting envolved. He has a direct style of running that can unsettle defenders but always looks to me as though he needs a kick up the @rse.
Also I have to say although I am very much pro-Rafa I do wonder what Wenger could have done with Babel.

"BIGGER??.... I'M NOT 'AVIN' THAT!.... TELL ME WHO'S BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL???" - Jamie Carragher.

Drummer, gone but never forgotten!
thegreedo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:24 pm

thegreedo wrote:Also I have to say although I am very much pro-Rafa I do wonder what Wenger could have done with Babel.

You might get to find out, :laugh:

Liverpool star Ryan Babel fuels speculation of transfer to rivals Arsenalby Shaun Holden.
Published Fri 19 Jun 2009 18:15

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is a long term admirer of Ryan Babel

Liverpool winger Ryan Babel has fuelled speculation that he will move to rivals Arsenal after stating that the Gunners have what it takes to become the best team in the world.

The Dutch star almost moved to the Emirates Stadium in 2007 before eventually settling on an £11.5m switch to Anfield.

But Babel has become increasingly frustrated with his substitute role under manager Rafa Benitez and that has put the side he supported as a boy Arsenal on full alert for a £9m summer swoop.

He said: "Arsenal use the same sort of system as Ajax did when they won the Champions league in 1996.

"They have a very young team and perhaps they still need a couple of players to get to where they need to be.

"Arsene Wenger is a very smart manager and he’ll know exactly who he needs to sign to get his side to that next level.

"They are nearly there and I’m sure it won’t be long before they are competing as the best team in the world."

Babel has often been used as an impact player by Liverpool manager Benitez and has only six Premier League starts to his name this season.

The attacker, hailed for his pace and the potential threat he poses to opposition defences was once described as ‘the next Thierry Henry’ by Dutch legend Marco van Basten.

But his lack of time on the pitch has meant that any hopes of becoming one of the world’s best players have diminished.

He added: "It is my feeling that I have strongly improved, but still I get no real chance. With this supporting role, I am not happy."

It is obvious that Babel has the talent and a move to London under the guidance of Arsene Wenger could kick start his career.

He is also very close friends with Arsenal striker and fellow Dutch international Robin van Persie.

Before moving from Ajax to Liverpool, Babel claimed it ‘would be a dream’ to work with Wenger one day.

He said: "If I get the chance one day to train with Arsene Wenger it would be a dream come true.

"From when I was young I supported Arsenal. I liked the style, the ambience, how they show themselves on the field - everything about them."
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:25 pm

No sweat Nan, let him go.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:26 pm

give us our £10m back and he's yours Arsene mate, waste of a decent pair of underwear
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:29 pm

Greavesie wrote:give us our £10m back and he's yours Arsene mate, waste of a decent pair of underwear

:nod  :nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion