Reds make bid for babel - According to his agent

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:38 pm

passmeistro_#14 wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:Babel will wear the number 19 shirt at Anfield with Benayoun taking over the number 11 jersey.

Hmmm doesnt that mean that the number 10 is still free with Luis leaving it vacant.

Could mean something or someone interesting.

yep you right check this out

Liverpool have today allocated squad numbers to new signings Yossi Benayoun and Ryan Babel. 
Israeli star Benayoun will wear the number 11 shirt vacated by Mark Gonzalez while former Ajax starlet Babel has been given the number 19 jersey.

Alvaro Arbeloa will switch from number 2 to number 17 for the coming season while the returning Scott Carson will be number 26. 

dont mention the 10 being given to any one else so we can hope : D

link :   http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N156368070713-1354.htm

Big Sam Allardyce has just been on SSN and was asked whether Michael Owen was guaranteed to be a Newcastle player this coming season, and he said he couldnt answer questions that where out of his hands.

What number did Michael used to wear for LFC  :suspect:

Voronin is number 10 people.

Benayoun is 11.

Voronin on the official site was training in the no 22.

The pics are on the Torres first training photos.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:39 pm

inglis5 wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:Babel will wear the number 19 shirt at Anfield with Benayoun taking over the number 11 jersey.

Hmmm doesnt that mean that the number 10 is still free with Luis leaving it vacant.

Voronin has been given the number 10.

http://www.lfconline.com/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=342969

he has, but its quite funny that our 4th choice striker wearing 10
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:43 pm

Redman in wales wrote:
inglis5 wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:

Voronin has been given the number 10.

http://www.lfconline.com/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=342969

he has, but its quite funny that our 4th choice striker wearing 10

mabye raffa knows some thing you dont !  :Oo:
well i can bet he prob does  :laugh:
Last edited by LegBarnes on Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:43 pm

Dont understand why the first team doesnt wear 1 - 11 like they used to.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:34 pm

read today that marco van basten says babel is potentially the new terry henry

good news that, i trust van bastens judgement
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby tommycockles » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:37 pm

They just had Babel on the news on radio 1 saying he likes to play 'beautiful football for the crowd' in his best dutch accent!!

I can't wait- beautiful football!!! :D
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby Mike1976 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:01 pm

LittleHobo wrote:read today that marco van basten says babel is potentially the new terry henry

good news that, i trust van bastens judgement

Well, sadly I don't.

Since van Basten has been in charge of our national team, we've seen dozens of new people playing, often no more than a match or two, from subpar clubs. Players that obviously don't have what it takes. He keeps changing the starting lineup, the players never get used to playing in the team because of it. Tbh, if van Basten says something, a big part of Holland jokingly puts it aside. A great player, not a great coach (or anything off the pitch for that matter, his lack of social skills also being famous for bashing players like van Nistelrooij).

Edit: Liverpool and beautifull football... :lookaround
Last edited by Mike1976 on Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike1976

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:17 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:

lol you guys are a funny bunch...  :D

voronin is 10! it's on the official website...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:31 am

well he certainly aint lackin no confidence.... !!  he thinks he can surpass henry !!   :p  :p
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby redsince2001 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:31 am

BABEL: I CAN BE THE NEW HENRY
Posted 14/07/07 08:27EmailPrintSave

Ryan Babel is aiming to light up Liverpool the way Thierry Henry ignited Arsenal.

The 20-year-old forward has sealed a five-year deal at Anfield after helping Holland win the European Under-21 Championship. Liverpool had to pay Ajax £11.5million for his services and Babel is determined to give value for money.

Henry quickly established himself as one of the Premier League's finest entertainers and Babel revealed he sees himself in the same mould as the Frenchman.

Babel said: "It is great that some people are comparing me to Henry. I will work hard to get to his level or maybe beyond it in the next few years.

"Hopefully I am somebody that will please the supporters. I am a fast player, who likes to dribble and play beautiful football. I like to score goals as well.

"I have heard the Liverpool fans get behind the team in every game and that is important to me."

Babel checked in at Anfield at the same time as former West Ham midfielder Yossi Benayoun for a reported £5million.

With strikers Fernando Torres and Andryi Voronin already recruited, Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has given a clear statement of intent.

Babel said: "If you are Liverpool you have to go for the championship. This year is going to be an exciting one.

"I like to think I play well in the big games. It was that way last season when Ajax faced PSV and Feyenoord.

"Hopefully we can win a lot of prizes this season."

Israel midfielder Benayoun believes he is making a step up in class. He said: "This is the biggest move of my career and a dream for me.

"At 27 I am ready to play for a club like Liverpool. I think I deserve to get this chance. It is not about money, it is about ambition and the opportunity to win trophies.

"Of course there is going to be competition for places but I am prepared to work hard."

And Reds boss Benitez revealed he is pleased with the way his squad is shaping up.

He said: "Ryan and Yossi can both play as wingers. Ryan is a player with quality and pace. He is a very good young player. He is playing well now and will play well in the future.

"Yossi brings a different dimension to the team. He can change games, especially when you play at home.

"He has experience in England and that is really important. He can help the other players here."

Meanwhile, Liverpool have submitted plans for their new stadium to the city council and hope to begin work by the end of the year.

The Reds' proposal sets out a detailed timetable for construction of the 60,000-capacity arena in Stanley Park and the redevelopment of the surrounding area.

The Liverpool Echo reports that a planning application is scheduled for July 25, with permission sought by the end of October to allow work to begin before the new year.
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby kunilson » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:58 am

talks the talk but will he walk the walk.

welcome to Liverpool Babel...hope the number on your back is a good sign..
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby lio » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:49 pm

Ryan Babel defied a request from Holland boss Marco van Basten to sign for Liverpool. ...see sky sports

‘Country before Club’ or ‘Club before Country’ in today’s context should make an interesting topic for discussion and am hoping that someone senior in this forum can start a new thread for it.

But back to Babel’s remarks here. I must said I’m impressed that he had chosen rightly to defy his country mgr’s pre-requisites for a slot to Euro2008 by not playing at home but rather out of country. Surely Babel would like to show his skill on a big stage where only big clubs like us LFC could make dreams happened. Playing on a big stage like CL can really put a high value tag to your name for future high transfer fees. No wonder we even have players willing to go for pay cut just to be with us and why not ... for a small sacrifice today, over a very short period of time, to achieve fame that goes with big bucks.
lio

Postby stoney » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:05 pm

I see van baaastad is at it again. Tried the same stunt with kromkamp too.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:05 pm

As proud a moment as it can be playing for your country at the end of the day the country doesnt pay the players wages so therefore has :censored: all say in where he should be playing.

Van Bastens a :censored: manager anyway. He will be sacked after the Euros.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:11 pm

redsince2001 wrote:BABEL: I CAN BE THE NEW HENRY
Posted 14/07/07 08:27EmailPrintSave

Ryan Babel is aiming to light up Liverpool the way Thierry Henry ignited Arsenal.

The 20-year-old forward has sealed a five-year deal at Anfield after helping Holland win the European Under-21 Championship. Liverpool had to pay Ajax £11.5million for his services and Babel is determined to give value for money.

Henry quickly established himself as one of the Premier League's finest entertainers and Babel revealed he sees himself in the same mould as the Frenchman.

Babel said: "It is great that some people are comparing me to Henry. I will work hard to get to his level or maybe beyond it in the next few years.

"Hopefully I am somebody that will please the supporters. I am a fast player, who likes to dribble and play beautiful football. I like to score goals as well.

"I have heard the Liverpool fans get behind the team in every game and that is important to me."

Babel checked in at Anfield at the same time as former West Ham midfielder Yossi Benayoun for a reported £5million.

With strikers Fernando Torres and Andryi Voronin already recruited, Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has given a clear statement of intent.

Babel said: "If you are Liverpool you have to go for the championship. This year is going to be an exciting one.

"I like to think I play well in the big games. It was that way last season when Ajax faced PSV and Feyenoord.

"Hopefully we can win a lot of prizes this season."

Israel midfielder Benayoun believes he is making a step up in class. He said: "This is the biggest move of my career and a dream for me.

"At 27 I am ready to play for a club like Liverpool. I think I deserve to get this chance. It is not about money, it is about ambition and the opportunity to win trophies.

"Of course there is going to be competition for places but I am prepared to work hard."

And Reds boss Benitez revealed he is pleased with the way his squad is shaping up.

He said: "Ryan and Yossi can both play as wingers. Ryan is a player with quality and pace. He is a very good young player. He is playing well now and will play well in the future.

"Yossi brings a different dimension to the team. He can change games, especially when you play at home.

"He has experience in England and that is really important. He can help the other players here."

This is worth re-reading now, if only to give a few chuckles#

"Ryan Babel is aiming to light up Liverpool the way Thierry Henry ignited Arsenal"

"Babel is determined to give value for money"

Babel said "I like to think I play well in the big games. It was that way last season when Ajax faced PSV and Feyenoord."

Rafa said "Ryan is a player with quality and pace. He is a very good young player. He is playing well now and will play well in the future"

That would only score 4/4 if it were comic value you were scoring for.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion