Reds make bid for babel - According to his agent

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:06 pm

Id happily sell him to any rival club. But it looks like Rafa will be hanging on to him going by his recent comments.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:45 pm

thegreedo wrote:For me the boy seems to lack confidence. He shows glimpses of talent and seems to be able to finish more often than not when faced with a scoring oppertunity. Far too often he hovers on the periphery of a game without really getting envolved. He has a direct style of running that can unsettle defenders but always looks to me as though he needs a kick up the @rse.
Also I have to say although I am very much pro-Rafa I do wonder what Wenger could have done with Babel.

babel is like wayne bridge - sh'ite
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:51 pm

:laugh: :laugh:
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:08 pm

Sometimes it hinders a players career when they are asked to perform tasks they are not suited to. I thought that happened with Sissoko and again now with Babel. I think Babel needs to kick start his career and I honestly don't believe he will ever do that at Liverpool.

I would sell him if a decent offer comes in, even though there is always a slim chance we may come to regret it. I think a lack of heart and football intelligence has restricted him with Liverpool perhaps with another side his natural football talents will be able to shine, and his obvious deficiencies will be less apparent.
account deleted by request

Postby Parkinson » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:02 am

I'd wash my hands with him I highly doubt Wenger will be able to teach him how to control a ball and put in lively performances.
Parkinson

Postby The_Rock » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:24 pm

The_Rock wrote:Actually the few times i have seen babel play he hasn't impressed with too much... But willing to give him the benefit of doubt this time...  :D 

But i really would prefer Quaresma...... I mean this guy will make us champs... no doubt.

Maybe this is the reason why benitez is picking babel a lot....He wants to get rid of him (and I support that decison)...Perhaps if babel had scored a goal or 2 his value might have shot up..... But 8 million pounds is awesome from our point of view. We just lose 20% on him.

Looks like Benitez is getting funds to buy someone big...(Robben....whooo hoo)

BTW...I did say babel was $hit..... 2 years ago :D

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2009....nterest

iverpool boss Rafa Benitez is weighing up cashing in on Ryan Babel, it has been revealed.

The Daily Mail says new transfer funds could be raised through the sale of Babel. Benitez is believed to be losing patience with the youngster, and a bid of around Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is weighing up cashing in on Ryan Babel, it has been revealed.

The Daily Mail says new transfer funds could be raised through the sale of Babel. Benitez is believed to be losing patience with the youngster, and a bid of around £8 million might tempt the club to sell the underperforming winger.

Arsenal and Turkish club Galatasaray have both expressed interest in the winger. (Daily Mail)

If Rafa does indeed opt to cut his losses and sell Ryan Babel the Dutchman will have no one to blame but himself but personally I think the boss will give him this season to prove himself as to sell him so close to the transfer window would simply leave us little or no time to find a replacement.

Two up, and mainly, down seasons have left many Liverpool fans wondering where the hell the top notch player we had bought had disappeared to and his opening day performance at White Hart Lane did little to ease fans fears about his potential being all but wasted.

He has the ability and that is what makes watching him doubly, perhaps triply, frustrating. Come on Ryan, show us what your made of. By all means show your confidence by trying to beat your man but on occasion opt for the simple ball as well. Also I have no problem with you firing in on goal from all angles but try to lift the ball off the ground when doing so, that way the ball won’t move at one mile an hour towards the waiting keeper!
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:29 pm

Please god let that be true, £8 Million is a good price for him too
Fauxy

Postby bigmick » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:57 pm

I'd flog him, but I'd be a tad nervous about him going to Arsenal. Hand on heart, if there's one manager in the World who would have a chance of unlocking something in the fella it's Wenger. If he went there, give it a couple of months and none of us would be able to recognise the fecker.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:09 pm

Silk purse/sow's ear.
LFC2007

Postby Greavesie » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:12 pm

Wenger would make him a better player IMO but he has to buck up his ideas if he does move club

and Rock, you may have said Babel was sh!t but in the same post you say Quaresma could bring us the title :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Rockthekop » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:26 pm

Rafa hasn't shown the same faith in Babel as he did in Kuyt when he was playing cack. 

No matter how bad Kuyt was he was guaranteed to start every game and rarely subbed.

I'd like to see Babel get good run in the team playing up front.  He may just as ineffective but at least he couldn't say he wasn't given an opportunity to shine in his natural position.

Rafa is a stubborn man though, it probably won't happen.
Rockthekop

Postby Reg » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:30 pm

What?? ???   The lads been given 201 chance already, how many does the lazy bugger need on his salary?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fergieisawhiskeynosedtw@t » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:42 pm

Reg wrote:What?? ???   The lads been given 201 chance already, how many does the lazy bugger need on his salary?

202?

:D

I agree, my 4 yr old lad has better ball control
fergieisawhiskeynosedtw@t

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:42 pm

Some of that I definitely accept, RTK. When Kuyt was playing up top and not firing, Crouch probably should have had more game time. But, whereas Kuyt gives his all, 'cack' or otherwise, Babel in the opportunities he's been given hasn't shown the attitude or desire (or any actual playing contribution of any sort) to warrant a sustained run in the side. Showing no bottle and offering nothing to the side is far worse than giving it your all but having a few too many of 'those days', as was the case with Kuyt.

He's not good enough, he hasn't the ability or the attitude to succeed at the top level. Wenger or no Wenger, he simply isn't good enough.
LFC2007

Postby Reg » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:44 pm

fergieisawhiskeynosedtw@t wrote:I agree, my 4 yr old lad has better ball control

Bit young to be playing with his balls isnt he?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion