Raffa - gerrard division - Who do we owe thanks to ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby supersub » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:10 pm

J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:
Tattyhoker wrote:Women and Children, make way for the Captain

So Stevie wants out.. well that’s nothing new, Isn’t this the local hero who moaned and groaned through 2005 about whether he should leave for Chelsea? He wanted to win things so he could decorate his trophy cabinet, and he wanted to take the easy option by joining a club which bought success by paying top dollar for the best players in Europe. Obviously that was more attractive than staying and fighting for the home town club which was so good to him – only the lucky CL win and a huge payrise kept him at Anfield… not a sense of loyalty.

Since 2005 he has continued in his self serving selfish ways; he wouldn’t play on the right because he wanted to be the main man in the middle. Then when Torres came he made sure he was moved up front to play alongside him so that Torres wouldn’t get all the glory.

When Stevie is sitting down with his agent he should remember one fact before he buys his new piggy bank. On Christmas day 2008 we were top of the league. A couple of days later we thrashed Newcastle 5 – 0. Things never looked so good. That evening Stevie got himself arrested after a pub brawl. Liverpool drew the next three league games against Stoke, Everton and Wigan dropping 6 points and moving from 1st to 3rd in the process. Liverpool FC stood by him and supported him but the damage was done. We lost the league by two points.

This season has been poor to say the least but in fairness we’ve had more than our share of bad luck. Instead of inspiring confidence around him, Stevie is going to sulk again. He wants out and he doesn’t care what that does to the club. What does it say to the squad players if Gerrard wants to abandon ship? Why would Mascherano or Torres stay on board?

You can say what you like about Gary Neville but you have to respect him for what he is – a club stalwart – absolutely committed and loyal to his club. Would he start crying if things were tough for United? No he wouldn’t. He would say “I’m staying, I’m in it for the long haul, I’m going to work my butt of to get us out of this”.

Loyalty is not pocketing 150k a week for a club which is riding high domestically and internationally like we were for the past few seasons. Loyalty is putting a bigger effort in when the going is tough not destabilising the club with thoughts of leaving.

In the 2010/11 season the Kop will sing as it always does. Whether Stevie plays at Anfield for us or someone else will be the measure of the man. What do you want the kop to sing Stevie? “When you walk through the storm, hold your head up high” or “You left me, just when I needed you most” The choice is yours.. Liverpool Legend or spoiled brat.

that is some first post, put your hard hat on  :D

no need for a hard hat on my account.....spot on....
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:44 pm

JohnBull wrote:I've noticed that there is a move by the "pro-Raffa" brigade to try and blame Gerrard for his attitude toward the "Boss".
I've even heard people saying that we should respect what Raffa has done for Liverpool and Gerrard is not bigger than the club.
Let's get something straight, Raffa has won some trophies with us but they been because of Gerrard pulling his tripe out at crutial times not thanks to some wonderous managerial genius.
Forget about the comic book "15 minutes that shook the world" :censored:. It was Gerrard that pulled the trigger that night and I always thought that,at the final whistle, Raffa had the look of a man who couldn't believe his luck. Unfortunately he has started to believe the hype that he had something to do with that legendary win or the win in Cardiff etc.
It is getting to the stage now that Raffa is losing the loyalty of his star players and there may well be a bit of mutinous skullduggery going on behind the scenes.
There is no question as to who is more important to the club. We have two world class players who should be looked after both on and off the pitch. Gerrard should not be called upon to cover every blade of grass and Torres should not be expected to suffer the attentions of four defenders on his own.
Raffa should count these two blessings and build the team around them. They should expect signings to fit in with their game plan not some computer generated scheme that Raffa's dreamt up. They should be treated with the respect their importance to the team merits.
These players are just as important to Liverpool as Dalgleish was in his day. We need them more than we need Raffa.
Even if we win at Stoke today, without them, the future of this club depends on their shoulders, with or without Raffa.
Gerrard - Raffa, NO CONTEST !
Still, not long now.

Knobhead.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:53 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:
supersub wrote:So in effect Gerrard is bigger than the club that pays him enough money to buy a house in Wavertree every week and if he stamps his feet and throws his dummy out , you are pleased with that...

No player , manager or John Bullsh.tter is bigger than the club and all are replaceable at the right price...thats how it has always been and will be forever

Then why doesn't Benitez Resign then!!!.....him being the manager responsible for the players he has brought in......the buck stops with the manager. :nod

I think you're wrong about that, spunk-eye:

Gerrard was here first.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:56 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:hears a question

The club hire the manager, the manager is in charge of the players, who should the club back if there is a dispute with a player regardless of who that player is.

I agree with that mate.

But when i dont think the manager should be here thats when i think the player is right.

You agree with a question?

And you try to belittle me!?!  :laugh:

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:00 pm

haps wrote:

So Stevie wants out.. well that’s nothing new, Isn’t this the local hero who moaned and groaned through 2005 about whether he should leave for Chelsea? He wanted to win things so he could decorate his trophy cabinet, and he wanted to take the easy option by joining a club which bought success by paying top dollar for the best players in Europe. Obviously that was more attractive than staying and fighting for the home town club which was so good to him – only the lucky CL win and a huge payrise kept him at Anfield… not a sense of loyalty.

Since 2005 he has continued in his self serving selfish ways; he wouldn’t play on the right because he wanted to be the main man in the middle. Then when Torres came he made sure he was moved up front to play alongside him so that Torres wouldn’t get all the glory.

When Stevie is sitting down with his agent he should remember one fact before he buys his new piggy bank. On Christmas day 2008 we were top of the league. A couple of days later we thrashed Newcastle 5 – 0. Things never looked so good. That evening Stevie got himself arrested after a pub brawl. Liverpool drew the next three league games against Stoke, Everton and Wigan dropping 6 points and moving from 1st to 3rd in the process. Liverpool FC stood by him and supported him but the damage was done. We lost the league by two points.

This season has been poor to say the least but in fairness we’ve had more than our share of bad luck. Instead of inspiring confidence around him, Stevie is going to sulk again. He wants out and he doesn’t care what that does to the club. What does it say to the squad players if Gerrard wants to abandon ship? Why would Mascherano or Torres stay on board?

You can say what you like about Gary Neville but you have to respect him for what he is – a club stalwart – absolutely committed and loyal to his club. Would he start crying if things were tough for United? No he wouldn’t. He would say “I’m staying, I’m in it for the long haul, I’m going to work my butt of to get us out of this”.

Loyalty is not pocketing 150k a week for a club which is riding high domestically and internationally like we were for the past few seasons. Loyalty is putting a bigger effort in when the going is tough not destabilising the club with thoughts of leaving.

In the 2010/11 season the Kop will sing as it always does. Whether Stevie plays at Anfield for us or someone else will be the measure of the man. What do you want the kop to sing Stevie? “When you walk through the storm, hold your head up high” or “You left me, just when I needed you most” The choice is yours.. Liverpool Legend or spoiled brat.

Fuc***g ignorant knee-jerk reaction post to a totally unsubstantiated piece of gossip in the first place.  If you think Steven Gerard is disloyal to LFC, you are an idiot.  He's done more for this club in the past 6/7 seasons than any player you can name.  Bar none.  Idiot.

You silly little girl. :no

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Beachdrifter » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:14 pm

supersub wrote:Anyone who spells Rafa with a double ff is definitely a cheesecakery WUM JohnBsh*tter

AND what's even worst can't spell Dalglish!!

Gerrard almost left the club twice in 2 seasons ago. He has been our best player and the one to pull the game out of the bag on one occassion, and I don't want him to leave but you can't balme him for thinking about it. I don't want Rafa sacked but hope he walks if he can't turn it around this season. We have a good chance of finishing in the top 4 (Which I hate, we shoud be looking at the top spot every time And this chamions league thing of the top 4 going through has belittled the leagues.) But at the end of the season he should look at the situation. You have got to question the players he buys and the tactics and formation. How could you sell a player like Crouch who imo, if played up front with Torres would scare defences without stepping onto the pitch.
I support the club first but also the players and while he is manager of the club Rafa, but that doesn't mean I don't agree with some of the sentiments on here.
Beachdrifter

Postby Rush Job » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:49 am

Good post.
Your point about him acting like a spoiled thug and getting arrested is a good one because the loss of form afterwards is as good a reason as any for us not winning the league.
If he does want to leave then thanks and bye, bye.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:25 am

Gerrard is one of my favourite LFC player of all time but if he wants to go......lets just get loads of $$$ for him shall we...(like 40 to 50 million pounts).

It will be a win-win situation (provided most of it is re-financed into improving the squad..and benitez (or whoever the manager) doesn't "aqua" it)
Last edited by The_Rock on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:47 am

Waldo wrote:
Fauxy wrote:Here is a post I found on Rawk

Thought it made sense actually! :

Contrary to the popular myth about us being a two man team, second half yesterday, after Gerrard and Torres went off, there was a noticeable difference with the team and the way we were playing. We actually played better. And it's not the first time it's happened, in the past we've had decent games when our so called 'can't do without' players weren't playing.

I find it ironic whenever we draw or lose and Gerrard hasn't played when the media and TV say 'shows how much they rely on Gerrard' when in actual fact, our record without him in the past has been favourable and we also seem to play with less fear.

Like when Shearer was at Newcastle and Henry was at Arsenal, they are such talismanic figures, the other players seem to play with fear at times when they are on the pitch. Didn't Fabregas say they started to play better when Henry went? (although you could argue that they've also won :censored: all without him!)

Whether that's through the way they conduct themselves (Gerrard has been a bit of a sulk this year, and in certain games has bollocked the younger lads a few times). They look to them, Gerrard and Torres, and they look to Stevie because he's the captain.

I half think though they feel intimidated by Gerrard, because of who he is, and they feel if they misplace a pass, or not pass to him, they'll get a bollocking. Like Ngog's run and shot last night. Stevie gave him an earful for not passing it. And he hadn't been on the pitch long.

Now I'm NOT advocating getting rid of him, and I'm not saying he doesn't do a great deal for the team with him there, but what do people think about the negative effect having a talismanic figure sometimes has on other players in a team? As in, should the other lads grow some balls once in a while or do they feel so intimidated by the captain that they feel every pass has to be perfect and start to play within themselves?

I remember people saying Alonso used to play better without Stevie. When Stevie was injured, Alonso seemed to come out of his shell. This is the kind of thing I mean. I know this is all concentrating on Stevie, but do talismanic figures at clubs sometimes have a negative effect on the rest of the team when things aren't going as well also?

I can see the point. Yossi (who didn't kick a ball 1st half vs Reading) looked a different player in the 2nd half with no Gerrard and Torres in team.

A lot of teams have "star players" in their side who can be disruptive to the rest of the team's performance, but do enough INDIVIDUALLY that it is hard to leave them out or for fans to be happy with their sale. Agree a lot on Henry, also Beckham for England who chips in with the odd assist but EVERYTHING goes through him and he takes all the free-kicks (sound familiar?) When he's not on the pitch there's a good chance England will play using all XI players and might score more than one goal, agree entirely on the observation on the Reading game which I believe I myself made, if not on this forum then the general one I go on. I feel the reason we didn't win was our players got a bit 'fancy dan', tried to be a bit too clever and ignored the basics. One piece of play I remember is two players playing the ball between them and the play going nowhere, they should have realised this and played it out wide or back to someone who should have made a pass to them possible in order to switch focus.

The problems of course with placing so much emphasis, or 'building the team around' Gerrard and Torres are that if one or both are out injured then that's out the window, and you become predictable and one dimensional as opponents know they only need to kick lumps out of Torres and close mark Gerrard to negate their threat. Maybe we'll see a better Liverpool without those two, although it would have been nice to have Benayoun to soften the blow. The other problem with emphasis on those players is the formation, without those two it makes our preferred formation less effective and takes out near half our goals. We have no players on that level to replace them, so we could do with a change of focus and probably formation. Even if we stick with one up front, is two DMs really the way to go?

But in overall essence I do agree with SS on most of the points he made on the first two pages of this thread.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby haps » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:31 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
haps wrote:

Fuc***g ignorant knee-jerk reaction post to a totally unsubstantiated piece of gossip in the first place.  If you think Steven Gerard is disloyal to LFC, you are an idiot.  He's done more for this club in the past 6/7 seasons than any player you can name.  Bar none.  Idiot.

I don't get into handbags on the internet over opinions but in this case, watch yer feckin trap "Lando Griffin". If you were standing in front of me fella, I can feckin guarantee ya you wouldn't be calling me a 'little girl' (not that you’d have the balls to). For one thing, chances are you'd be looking up. And I don't take abuse off kids who name themselves after a f**king STAR WARS toy. Despite the fact your savvy 'opinion' merits no real response, let's break this newbie’s post down, shall we?

"So Stevie wants out.. well that’s nothing new, Isn’t this the local hero who moaned and groaned through 2005 about whether he should leave for Chelsea"

So he received an offer to move to another club, a club winning trophies and to be paid a lot of money.  And we all heard about it for months and everyone gets into a big stress about it before, guess what, he decided to STAY.  That’s loyalty to me.  He stayed at his first club despite being offered more money to go elsewhere and (with more probability at the time) win the league.  This is football.  It’s a short career.  Players want to win things.  The top players get approached and hey, there’s huge sums involved.  And only a moron wouldn’t even consider these offers – would you, if it was your family’s future concerned?  The problem today is that there’s so much media around, so many forums, so many feckin morons with uninformed opinions that everything gets exaggerated or misrepresented or picked over to death and it’s BORING listening to these pillocks.  When Rushie left for Juventus, still at the peak of his powers, we didn’t have all this fuss.  He was a legend already and now he was off to try his luck elsewhere – doesn’t matter to me that it was Juventus or whoever (well, maybe not the Scum), he was entitled to choose his own career.  Noone accused him of disloyalty. Loads of players have left our club and not been accused of disloyalty.  I don’t see how Stevie G should be singled out.  Problem today is every tiny whisper that comes from every club’s tea-lady’s cousin’s friend gets printed and discussed.  Hence, we all know too much about what’s apparently going on in player’s heads.  Players like Stevie G.  True, agents and their stirring have to take a lot of blame too but how anyone can claim to know what a player is really thinking just shows me they’re one of those people who never listens and always thinks their opinion is the one that counts above all others. End point – HE STAYED.  To me, that’s loyal.  F**k all the hoopla that surrounded it.

"only the lucky CL win and a huge payrise kept him at Anfield… not a sense of loyalty."

…seriously?  Yeah, winning the CL in 2005 was nothing but luck.  ANYONE … and I mean ANYONE who describes winning the biggest football tournament in the world with all the best players involved as luck, automatically brands themselves an idiot in my book and nullifies pretty much all they have to say on the basis that it comes from someone clueless who knows nothing about football.  Sure there were some moments which went our way and you can call them luck if you want but that goes for anyone / any team who wins a major honour.  I think this comment makes me most angry.  It’s so completely idiotic and sweeping and ridiculous.  I doubt you were even at ONE of those games, you muppet.  You certainly weren’t at the Juventus games, home or away or you may have remembered an element of grit, fight, skill, passion and teamwork involved.  A lucky CL win!!  What a knob.

Then you go on about … “he wouldn’t play on the right because he wanted to be the main man in the middle. Then when Torres came he made sure he was moved up front to play alongside him so that Torres wouldn’t get all the glory.”

Have you ever heard of a manager?  And unless you missed it, sitting in yer pram, ours is one of the most stubborn around.  You think Steven Gerrard just clicks his fingers and Benitez plays him exactly where he wants.  This point is laughable.  And what gets me most is how you have this amazing ability to know how to read Gerrard’s mind and know exactly just how stroppy he is being about decisions taken for the team.  You git.  You know none of this.  You know nothing about the inside of that dressing-room, only what you hear through tittle-tattle, probably read in the feckin Sun newspaper or heard on Talksport.  “He made sure he was moved up front … so that Torres wouldn’t get all the glory.” ???? ????  And this childish little strop Stevie threw – you know he was thinking this, how?  Seriously, I’d like you to seriously tell me how you know this is what our captain was thinking?

Then you seem to suggest that Stevie getting involved in an altercation in a bar (not wise, granted) had such an effect on the ENTIRE TEAM’s form that we dropped 6 points and blew the league.  If you are not inferring this, why mention it?  Really, I can’t see why you would.  If that is what you’re inferring, then I think it says more about the weakness of our team that something like that should have any bearing on what happens on the pitch.  And for the record, I don’t.  Another stupid point, then.

You make a valid point.  It’s undeniably a car-crash of a season but to jump in and say “he wants out and doesn’t care what that does to the club” is pretty much again, slanderous.  I repeat, how the hell do you know anything?  You have NO idea what Steven Gerrard feels for the club.  You’re not him.  So lay off putting labels on him.  I agree that he can look a bit sulky at times, like when sitting in the crowd watching another abject performance.  But so what?  He’s meant to laugh?  Surely that shows how much this season and all that’s happening pains him. 

Ah, y’know what … you’re just an idiot shouting his mouth off.  Just like those tw*ts in the pub who shout louder than everyone else but know nothing.  At the point you start praising Gary Neville, it just gets hopeless.  What surprises me most is how many (I thought) wiser heads on here seemed to just read your inane post and tap out a quick “I agree”.  That amazes me. 
[B]
haps

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:50 am

haps wrote:I don't get into handbags on the internet over opinions but in this case, watch yer feckin trap "Lando Griffin". If you were standing in front of me fella, I can feckin guarantee ya you wouldn't be calling me a 'little girl' (not that you’d have the balls to). For one thing, chances are you'd be looking up. And I don't take abuse off kids who name themselves after a f**king STAR WARS toy. Despite the fact your savvy 'opinion' merits no real response, let's break this newbie’s post down, shall we?

"So Stevie wants out.. well that’s nothing new, Isn’t this the local hero who moaned and groaned through 2005 about whether he should leave for Chelsea"

So he received an offer to move to another club, a club winning trophies and to be paid a lot of money.  And we all heard about it for months and everyone gets into a big stress about it before, guess what, he decided to STAY.  That’s loyalty to me.  He stayed at his first club despite being offered more money to go elsewhere and (with more probability at the time) win the league.  This is football.  It’s a short career.  Players want to win things.  The top players get approached and hey, there’s huge sums involved.  And only a moron wouldn’t even consider these offers – would you, if it was your family’s future concerned?  The problem today is that there’s so much media around, so many forums, so many feckin morons with uninformed opinions that everything gets exaggerated or misrepresented or picked over to death and it’s BORING listening to these pillocks.  When Rushie left for Juventus, still at the peak of his powers, we didn’t have all this fuss.  He was a legend already and now he was off to try his luck elsewhere – doesn’t matter to me that it was Juventus or whoever (well, maybe not the Scum), he was entitled to choose his own career.  Noone accused him of disloyalty. Loads of players have left our club and not been accused of disloyalty.  I don’t see how Stevie G should be singled out.  Problem today is every tiny whisper that comes from every club’s tea-lady’s cousin’s friend gets printed and discussed.  Hence, we all know too much about what’s apparently going on in player’s heads.  Players like Stevie G.  True, agents and their stirring have to take a lot of blame too but how anyone can claim to know what a player is really thinking just shows me they’re one of those people who never listens and always thinks their opinion is the one that counts above all others. End point – HE STAYED.  To me, that’s loyal.  F**k all the hoopla that surrounded it.

"only the lucky CL win and a huge payrise kept him at Anfield… not a sense of loyalty."

…seriously?  Yeah, winning the CL in 2005 was nothing but luck.  ANYONE … and I mean ANYONE who describes winning the biggest football tournament in the world with all the best players involved as luck, automatically brands themselves an idiot in my book and nullifies pretty much all they have to say on the basis that it comes from someone clueless who knows nothing about football.  Sure there were some moments which went our way and you can call them luck if you want but that goes for anyone / any team who wins a major honour.  I think this comment makes me most angry.  It’s so completely idiotic and sweeping and ridiculous.  I doubt you were even at ONE of those games, you muppet.  You certainly weren’t at the Juventus games, home or away or you may have remembered an element of grit, fight, skill, passion and teamwork involved.  A lucky CL win!!  What a knob.

Then you go on about … “he wouldn’t play on the right because he wanted to be the main man in the middle. Then when Torres came he made sure he was moved up front to play alongside him so that Torres wouldn’t get all the glory.”

Have you ever heard of a manager?  And unless you missed it, sitting in yer pram, ours is one of the most stubborn around.  You think Steven Gerrard just clicks his fingers and Benitez plays him exactly where he wants.  This point is laughable.  And what gets me most is how you have this amazing ability to know how to read Gerrard’s mind and know exactly just how stroppy he is being about decisions taken for the team.  You git.  You know none of this.  You know nothing about the inside of that dressing-room, only what you hear through tittle-tattle, probably read in the feckin Sun newspaper or heard on Talksport.  “He made sure he was moved up front … so that Torres wouldn’t get all the glory.” ???? ????  And this childish little strop Stevie threw – you know he was thinking this, how?  Seriously, I’d like you to seriously tell me how you know this is what our captain was thinking?

Then you seem to suggest that Stevie getting involved in an altercation in a bar (not wise, granted) had such an effect on the ENTIRE TEAM’s form that we dropped 6 points and blew the league.  If you are not inferring this, why mention it?  Really, I can’t see why you would.  If that is what you’re inferring, then I think it says more about the weakness of our team that something like that should have any bearing on what happens on the pitch.  And for the record, I don’t.  Another stupid point, then.

You make a valid point.  It’s undeniably a car-crash of a season but to jump in and say “he wants out and doesn’t care what that does to the club” is pretty much again, slanderous.  I repeat, how the hell do you know anything?  You have NO idea what Steven Gerrard feels for the club.  You’re not him.  So lay off putting labels on him.  I agree that he can look a bit sulky at times, like when sitting in the crowd watching another abject performance.  But so what?  He’s meant to laugh?  Surely that shows how much this season and all that’s happening pains him. 

Ah, y’know what … you’re just an idiot shouting his mouth off.  Just like those tw*ts in the pub who shout louder than everyone else but know nothing.  At the point you start praising Gary Neville, it just gets hopeless.  What surprises me most is how many (I thought) wiser heads on here seemed to just read your inane post and tap out a quick “I agree”.  That amazes me. 
[B]

I think thats a really good post.

It still amazes me how Stevie gets so much criticism after what he has done for this club.
Its an absolute disgrace imo.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby made in UK » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:56 am

haps wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
haps wrote:

I don't get into handbags on the internet over opinions but in this case, watch yer feckin trap "Lando Griffin". If you were standing in front of me fella, I can feckin guarantee ya you wouldn't be calling me a 'little girl' (not that you’d have the balls to). For one thing, chances are you'd be looking up. And I don't take abuse off kids who name themselves after a f**king STAR WARS toy. Despite the fact your savvy 'opinion' merits no real response, let's break this newbie’s post down, shall we?

[B]

Good post Haps. Well said!
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:14 pm

Hang on a sec....I'm not going to blindly congratulate this guy on a post defending Stevie G.
You can't dispute that he has gone completely AWOL on many occasions over the past two seasons expecially. Or his penchant for diving in the box for no reason known to man. Or - dare I say it - his very, very questionable insistence on taking every deadball within 30 yards of the opposition goal....
I like the guy, but he shouldn't be put blindly up on a pedestal like you have just done...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby made in UK » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:16 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Hang on a sec....I'm not going to blindly congratulate this guy on a post defending Stevie G.
You can't dispute that he has gone completely AWOL on many occasions over the past two seasons expecially. Or his penchant for diving in the box for no reason known to man. Or - dare I say it - his very, very questionable insistence on taking every deadball within 30 yards of the opposition goal....
I like the guy, but he shouldn't be put blindly up on a pedestal like you have just done...

If you read the post Haps refers to his loyalty.
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:19 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Hang on a sec....I'm not going to blindly congratulate this guy on a post defending Stevie G.

Think the fact speak for themselves regarding Gerrard.
He has been nowhere near his best this season but thats clearly because he is nowhere near fit and carrying an injury.
Last season he was brilliant.

Its posts like yours that really bother me, appearing to be written with contempt about our best player for the last decade and possibly longer.

Absolutely astounds me it does.

And he doesnt take every freekick.
Ave seen Alonso take lots last season, Agger as well takes some and Aurellio scored a few last year so dont talk rubbish.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion