Raffa - gerrard division - Who do we owe thanks to ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JohnBull » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:41 am

I've noticed that there is a move by the "pro-Raffa" brigade to try and blame Gerrard for his attitude toward the "Boss".
I've even heard people saying that we should respect what Raffa has done for Liverpool and Gerrard is not bigger than the club.
Let's get something straight, Raffa has won some trophies with us but they been because of Gerrard pulling his tripe out at crutial times not thanks to some wonderous managerial genius.
Forget about the comic book "15 minutes that shook the world" :censored:. It was Gerrard that pulled the trigger that night and I always thought that,at the final whistle, Raffa had the look of a man who couldn't believe his luck. Unfortunately he has started to believe the hype that he had something to do with that legendary win or the win in Cardiff etc.
It is getting to the stage now that Raffa is losing the loyalty of his star players and there may well be a bit of mutinous skullduggery going on behind the scenes.
There is no question as to who is more important to the club. We have two world class players who should be looked after both on and off the pitch. Gerrard should not be called upon to cover every blade of grass and Torres should not be expected to suffer the attentions of four defenders on his own.
Raffa should count these two blessings and build the team around them. They should expect signings to fit in with their game plan not some computer generated scheme that Raffa's dreamt up. They should be treated with the respect their importance to the team merits.
These players are just as important to Liverpool as Dalgleish was in his day. We need them more than we need Raffa.
Even if we win at Stoke today, without them, the future of this club depends on their shoulders, with or without Raffa.
Gerrard - Raffa, NO CONTEST !
Still, not long now.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:53 am

Here fckin here !!!!

Been saying it for ages mate.

Gerrards been playing injured this season for our club, but still gets criticised. This is a world cup season so he could very easily have said f'ck it, i'll have me op, put my feet up and be fresh for the world cup.
But no the lad plays with pain killing injections, clearly nowhere near fit and gets criticism.
Then we have a boss that has made mistake after mistake this season, persisted with players that arent good enough and a system and formation that doesnt work now we have lost Alonso and Torres has hardly played - but we cant criticise him.

Some fans have me really baffled.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:57 am

JohnBull wrote:I've noticed that there is a move by the "pro-Raffa" brigade to try and blame Gerrard for his attitude toward the "Boss".
I've even heard people saying that we should respect what Raffa has done for Liverpool and Gerrard is not bigger than the club.
Let's get something straight, Raffa has won some trophies with us but they been because of Gerrard pulling his tripe out at crutial times not thanks to some wonderous managerial genius.
Forget about the comic book "15 minutes that shook the world" :censored:. It was Gerrard that pulled the trigger that night and I always thought that,at the final whistle, Raffa had the look of a man who couldn't believe his luck. Unfortunately he has started to believe the hype that he had something to do with that legendary win or the win in Cardiff etc.
It is getting to the stage now that Raffa is losing the loyalty of his star players and there may well be a bit of mutinous skullduggery going on behind the scenes.
There is no question as to who is more important to the club. We have two world class players who should be looked after both on and off the pitch. Gerrard should not be called upon to cover every blade of grass and Torres should not be expected to suffer the attentions of four defenders on his own.
Raffa should count these two blessings and build the team around them. They should expect signings to fit in with their game plan not some computer generated scheme that Raffa's dreamt up. They should be treated with the respect their importance to the team merits.
These players are just as important to Liverpool as Dalgleish was in his day. We need them more than we need Raffa.
Even if we win at Stoke today, without them, the future of this club depends on their shoulders, with or without Raffa.
Still, not long now.

Totally agree with you on that one, Rafa is Living on "the 05 syndrom".....and thinks he is untouchable. I believe there is an air of mutiny amongst some of the star players who after 5 yrs of so called rebuilding our strenths in all departments are getting fed up and disolusioned with having to cover, and carry lesser qualty players game after game....and season after season. It shows no sign of changing under Rafa, his replacements and buys are just not good enough for a team which has asperations and dreams of domestic and european glory, these so called "bargain buys" and "free agent players" he keeps adding to an already mediocre squad will never be good enough to acheive these goals, thats why some players are now getting to the point of considering their own future's....and Gerrard is one of them.....and i cant say i'd blame him.  :no
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:05 pm

good post and i agree with everything else posted above. the manager should be thankful to have such a player who has dragged the team out of a possible defeat so many times.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Kerry07 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:10 pm

Indeed.

Good job Gerrard wore his Superman cape in Istanbul, otherwise Rafa would have walked the plank years ago.
"Its not just any other club" C.Tyldsley
"Liverpool are a special institution" X.Alonso
"Anfield es un templo de fútbol" AS
"The English club prove miracles do exist" D.Maradona
"Theres not one club in the world so united with its fans. Liverpool fans sent shivers down my spine" J.Cruyff
Kerry07

Postby made in UK » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:12 pm

Heard there was a bust-up with Pelligrino, Sammy Lee, Reina and Gerrard at half time against Reading, and that Gerrards doesn't want to play for Rafa. Idle gossip? maybe maybe not, but I can definately see Gerrard heading off to Madrid in the summer to win trophies, he won't do that here now. :(

What s.*i*e times for LFC
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:15 pm

made in UK wrote:Heard there was a bust-up with Pelligrino, Sammy Lee, Reina and Gerrard at half time against Reading, and that Gerrards doesn't want to play for Rafa. Idle gossip? maybe maybe not, but I can definately see Gerrard heading off to Madrid in the summer to win trophies, he won't do that here now. :(

What s.*i*e times for LFC

Heard the same rumour mate - that Gerrard had massive argument with Pelligrino at halt time against Reading.
Not heard what it was supposed to be over and it could all be b'llocks but it wouldnt surprise me.
If we lost our best player because of inept management that would be a disgrace.
Ben Patrick

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:17 pm

We need  a complete clear out....Sammy Lee as well as Rafa need to go, sad times indeed for a once great club....if Rafa has any respect and dignity for our club and it's great fans then he should swallow his stuborn arrogant pride and resign. :nod
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby spion » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:18 pm

If we close our eyes really tight & clip our heels together three times we might all return to the start of the season!!!
spion

Postby roberto green » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:20 pm

Everything in this Thread like most thread is all hypothetical, on people opinions and Chinese whispers, rumours of which most probably come from blue noses
roberto green

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:21 pm

spion wrote:If we close our eyes really tight & clip our heels together three times we might all return to the start of the season!!!

Didn't you hear?.........the season starts again today!.............according to Rafa??? :wwww
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:26 pm

JohnBull wrote:I've noticed that there is a move by the "pro-Raffa" brigade to try and blame Gerrard for his attitude toward the "Boss".
Still, not long now.

Good post John.

Although Gerrard has not been up to his usual standard recently (and there's probably many reasons for that), he is still far more important to the club than Benitez will ever be.

I find it utterly incredible that anyone could support a manager (who IMO has held us back continuously) in a contest with the captain, who has pulled us out of the fire on multiple occasions and upon whom has been placed such an unbelievable mount of responsibility week in/week out.

Gerrard should not be called upon to cover every blade of grass and Torres should not be expected to suffer the attentions of four defenders on his own.

I sometimes called Liverpool "Torres'n'Gerrard FC" somewhat disparagingly, but there is an awful lot of truth in it however. It truly is staggering at times, the work these two have to put in and I wouldn't be at all surprised if the pair of them are just simply fed up with whole bloody lot at the moment.
tonyeh

Postby supersub » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:32 pm

So in effect Gerrard is bigger than the club that pays him enough money to buy a house in Wavertree every week and if he stamps his feet and throws his dummy out , you are pleased with that...

No player , manager or John Bullsh.tter is bigger than the club and all are replaceable at the right price...thats how it has always been and will be forever
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:35 pm

Anyone who spells Rafa with a double ff is definitely a cheesecakery WUM JohnBsh*tter
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:37 pm

supersub wrote:So in effect Gerrard is bigger than the club that pays him enough money to buy a house in Wavertree every week and if he stamps his feet and throws his dummy out , you are pleased with that...

No player , manager or John Bullsh.tter is bigger than the club and all are replaceable at the right price...thats how it has always been and will be forever

Neither is a manager

Its as simple as that, but not for most people.

If Gerrard can see that things are not right as captain and someone who supported the club as a lad and who is a born an bred scouser, is he not right to voice his concerns ?
Ben Patrick

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion