In raffa i trust    but!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby hobbes » Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:45 am

I dont want to cry over spilt milk. The tournament has ended and nothing we say here can improve it. We cannot get the FIFA WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP CUP.

But personally deep inside I agree with JohBull. But I dont blame Rafa for the lost. I will blame  Kewell & Morientes. For one, I never fancied Kewell and will never trust him. I dont expect Rafa to have the same thought. Like others, Rafa would have been impressed with Kewell's performance lately. But IMO Riise is better there.

Whereas I am a bit disappointed by the way Morientes played. I was convinced that he is improving and will fight to win the match but rather disappointed by his perfomance against Sao Paolo.

Everyone was talking about Ciise not scoring. Look at Morientes...., Garcia scored but goals were disallowed.  Sinama was also there to score. What did Morientes do, apart from wasting great chances?.

Anyway, mourn to recouperate and while the lads are tired. Get back in business by Newcastle match. March on again. I will still march with Liverpool as LIVERPOOL NEVER WALKS ALONE.
hobbes

Postby Alanay » Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:57 am

I'm not blaming RB for the lost. But a bit dissapointed because the cup is pretty much in our hand looking at the game we play in the semi. I think he should have gone into the game with 4-4-2, with Crouch and Moro upfront. Then, we can get quick goals, he can rest the key players with the game with Newcastle coming up. But, I think he changes the sub too late into the game already. Kewell should not start at all, and I think RB should dump him. He's not suitable with LFC. He should have played for Sydney FC instead. We had such a golden opportunity to take the cup but we didn't. The assistant officials made the right call with the disallowed goals. Our players just don't take caution against the last line of defence, carelessly.
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tricolor » Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:58 am

Chupa vermelhinhos!

:censored: Reds!!!!

São Paulo, o melhor do mundo!!!!!![/B]
Tricolor

Postby darwisigila » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:16 am

sao paulo baso nate peranga dok dok jeng!!!!!!!!

sao paulo CEKPIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
darwisigila

Postby azriahmad » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:37 am

The tournament is a frivulous one with the travelling and time spent just getting there and back being a major hindrance towards getting the best out of our players in the games that matter - the EPL and the CL.

But the most important thing is that Liverpool Football Club needs to find a more prolific striker. This game only serves to show us what poor finishers out strikers are, and thus far, the other players have been chipping in goals. No, not good enough, not when you are paid a lot to play upfront, and in those starring roles, goal scoring is a must.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby primodua » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:10 am

some say the game plan was stupid, some say that the officials were stupid..

We do need a more effective striker. Crouch is not as effective as we would hope for but he indeed creates plenty of options for the midfielders to craft gameplays. Morientes is a good striker but he lacks CONSISTENCY. Cisse also is a good striker but he has some creativity issues. Yes we also need a better CB than Hyppia (He lost his marker that lead to Sao Paolo goal)...I can only think of someone like cucinho.
It is now the time to reflect on our strength and weaknesses and all of you should stop blaming rafa for the loss.
We played well yesterday but Sao Paolo played better. It is time to stop moaning and live on...

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:05 am

Chupa vermelhinhos!

Reds!!!!

São Paulo, o melhor do mundo!!!!!![/B]

WTF are you doing here ??? You are worst than a fly .... i felt sorry to your mother and hope that you are not son ! :angry:
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Houllier=LFC » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:31 am

Cut the bull, Kewell might not be fantastic but he did well.
Houllier=LFC

Postby The Red Baron » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:58 am

Got to agree with John.While we played well,can anyone honestly say when they saw the team and formation they were happy.This trophy is of little consequence,and happily we have come out of it with no injuries,but at the end of the day it was there for the taking.
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:02 am

Got to agree with John.While we played well,can anyone honestly say when they saw the team and formation they were happy.

What I can say is that there's a coach inside everyone of us. Every one has his prefferences. I like Crouch and Morientes upfront, others would drop Morientes and put CIsse. It's normal many people doesn't like something or puts a ??? when they see the line ups.

But then, how many times have we put ??? face and Rafa proved us wrong? more than 9 times this season. That's why I wouldn't mention the starting eleven as one of the factors for our defeat.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:09 am

I think Bigmick nailed it when he said we could have put out any 11 players against that Sao Paolo side and given them the run around, it was just their day.

We all criticised Benitez for tinkering with the team too much earlier in the season and I think the criticism was spot on, we instantly improved when we played our strongest team every week.  But let's face it, the same team can't play every week for the whole season, if you can't rotate the squad against teams like Saprissa and Sao Paolo then who can you rotate against? 

I think Benitez was right to mix it up and keep players fresh in these games, apparently they all had trouble adjusting to the time difference, so you never know what condition some of them were in to play.  The xmas period will be hectic, some really important games, at least our players won't be burnt out for those games now.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Red Baron » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:25 am

Fair comment Sabre,if we had won yesterday we wouldnt have been discussing Rafas team selection,but thats one of the pleasures of football.if we all agreed all of the time we would have nothing to talk about. :D I am more than happy with Rafa,and havent come on here to slag the man off because we have  lost one meaningless game.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:09 pm

JohnBull wrote:Absolute disgrace ! The game plan was pathetic.
Anyone could see the right team to play and Raffa has TOTALLY fcuked up.

That pryke Kewell should never be on the pitch !

For someone with as many post as you, i would have expected you to be more aware of how the tactics worked out. I though he got them spot on, as he always does. Apart from the goal we dominated, We had all the shots, corners you name it. We even scored an equaliser but not in the eyes of the Fifa officials. I can tell by your erratic reaction to the match that you are probabaly a young person maybe even a kid who likes football but has no understanding of tactics whatsoever. In futue if your unsure of what to say, listen to what the people say in the studio. Thats ussually a good place to start. :censored:.

And as for Kewell. Yes one or 2 of his passes went astray but hes improving with evey game and i think by the new year he may possibly be back to full fitness. he starting to make his runs again like he used to aswell as his tricky footwork. What you all have to bear in mind is that when we left for Japan we left on a good note in the League and what Rafa did noit want was our important player getting completely tired or dare i say injured in a match that he knows the opposition take serioulsy and therfore would have taken a bit out of the players. He rightly so kept one eye  on the Premiership and he deserves much praise for gettgin us there in the first place. He also deserves some praise for sticking with his team when he shoul;d have been burying his father. Have some :censored: respect you knob.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Red Baron » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:58 pm

bavlondon wrote:I can tell by your erratic reaction to the match that you are probabaly a young person maybe even a kid who likes football but has no understanding of tactics whatsoever. In futue if your unsure of what to say, listen to what the people say in the studio.

I think you will find John is one of the older members on this forum.A season ticket holder for many years who has travelled far and wide to follow his team.We dont all agrree on
tactics/team selections,but Ithink you have jumped to the wrong conclusions.And as for listening to what get said in the studio,....If there is ever a time when Mark Lawrenson says anything worth lisening too Iwill eat my hat.
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:09 pm

I cannot understand what all the fuss is about.

We were by far and away the better side. After they scored their goal, we completely dominated.

We had 17 corners, three goals disallowed (one of them should have been given), hit the bar twice, saw their goalkeeper make a wonder safe to deny Steven Gerrard's excellent free kick, Morientes headed a brilliant chance wide, Kewell may have had a shout for a penalty, Garcia could have had a goal had he taken a good touch on the ball through to him in the second half and so on and so on.

I thought we did extremely well but luck wasn't on our side. In another game we could have put 4 or 5 past them.

I'm disappointed we lost but we played one of the best teams in South America and bossed them about the place. Liverpool of 2 years ago would have lost that game 3-0. We are making massive strides and with the addition of one or two top bracket players, we will be ready for a title challenge.

Rafa is working wonders, nobody can deny that.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion