Sammy lee v raffa ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby skatesy » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:03 am

lakes10 wrote:Going by BBC radio 5 live, Talk :censored:, SNN (late last night)

Sammy Lee was very very unhappy befopre the game that a FIT Torres was left out the side in a game that he felt was a big danger.

Add to this interviews by  Steven Gerrard and Jamie carragher in some papers and the BBC five live where they have said how good Sammy Lee is at doing the pre game team talk and half time talk we might have to start to ask what is going on.

It could be the base of a great Raffa and Lee team, but it could be more.

If Lee is taking the Team talks then why? is that not Raffas job?

Could it be that Raffa is now very kean to get a new contract as he feels that Lee could take his job?

In any case i dont feel it was right for Lee to say that he was unhappy that a player had been left out the team, ok i know he said it to someone that he felt was not going to go and report it....or did he?.

Apart from your poor spelling, grammar and summarization of the supposed issue - it seems like it is one big rumour that has been brought on by the media and then continued on by rumour hungry fans who love to take something and run with it.
skatesy

Postby Sabre » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:27 am

It's unbelievable some of the shít that the media wants to spout. Why on earth would Rafa leave Torres out if he was FIT and no risk of set back?
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:18 am

the interviews by Steven Gerrard and Jamie carragher were audio on the rado.
The Sammy Lee unhappy stuff, started to come out around a few hours before the game, Radio five live are the first to report it.
What we must look at is that it was from the BBC, they dont often make things up so i feel that he did say it.

let face it its not the first time someone at the club has spoken out of turn (Raffa).

I am keen on Lee doing the team talks but if it works, then ok let him do it.

I just feel right not is not the time for all this coming out, we are in with a very good chance to win this and i would not like to see a back room bust up get in the way. Raffa and Lee have done a lot to shut the players off from the :censored: up owners, so they dont need Raffa and Lee kicking each other in front of them.

As for SammyLee having eyes to be a Liverpool manager.....I am starting to feel he thinks he might well be.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:19 am

Sabre wrote:It's unbelievable some of the shít that the media wants to spout. Why on earth would Rafa leave Torres out if he was FIT and no risk of set back?

Liverpool v Atletico Madrid ??
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:47 am

We lose one game and Rafa has got to go ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:53 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:We lose one game and Rafa has got to go ?

No.

Maybe if we lose two.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:10 am

lakes10 wrote:the interviews by Steven Gerrard and Jamie carragher were audio on the rado.
The Sammy Lee unhappy stuff, started to come out around a few hours before the game, Radio five live are the first to report it.

so there is no proof that sammy lee actually thought this - just a bbc journo. and yes they have got things wrong before.

I'm sure if it was true, we'd have heard more about it, or newspapers etc would have picked up on it like they did with rafa's other fallings out.

just a load of twaddle trying to unsettle us.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:13 am

Does any listen to Talk Sh1t anyway? Does anyone even believe what is broadcast by this amateurish "sports show"
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:21 am

lakes10 wrote:
Sabre wrote:It's unbelievable some of the shít that the media wants to spout. Why on earth would Rafa leave Torres out if he was FIT and no risk of set back?

Most pessimistic predictions about Torres' injury predicted that he'd miss the Liverpool - Atletico game too. So in my book, we're within the scheduled time. We must  remember that all predictions said AT LEAST 10 days. We got the 10 days but we missed the at least

4 days can be a lot in those situations.

About Sammy Lee, I'd find strange he had a different criteria to Rafa. He was so respectful with the manager before getting the job, where other ex players gave stick, he didn't (you can see that in a meeting Dalglish , SOuness, Lee, Robinson and Torres). He doesn't seem to me like a guy who'd confront Rafa in a situation like this, but of course if quotes or something are provided then I'll stand corrected.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:40 am

Bam wrote:

No.

Maybe if we lose two.

Serious ?

Two all season or two in the same competition ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:42 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Bam wrote:

No.

Maybe if we lose two.

Serious ?

Two all season or two in the same competition ?

No.

N/A.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:46 am

There's nothing in this story. I'm convinced it's utter b0lll0cks.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:34 am

I hate the way there is always some media story that pops up when we are doing well. Gets on my feckin nerves I tell ya!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:37 am

bigmick wrote:There's nothing in this story. I'm convinced it's utter b0lll0cks.

long post
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:02 pm

Sabre wrote:
lakes10 wrote:

Most pessimistic predictions about Torres' injury predicted that he'd miss the Liverpool - Atletico game too. So in my book, we're within the scheduled time. We must  remember that all predictions said AT LEAST 10 days. We got the 10 days but we missed the at least

4 days can be a lot in those situations.

About Sammy Lee, I'd find strange he had a different criteria to Rafa. He was so respectful with the manager before getting the job, where other ex players gave stick, he didn't (you can see that in a meeting Dalglish , SOuness, Lee, Robinson and Torres). He doesn't seem to me like a guy who'd confront Rafa in a situation like this, but of course if quotes or something are provided then I'll stand corrected.

I would love to see some quotes when he said this, as of yet there is still northing, as we lost the game most of the stuff has been about Spurs and Harry.

Till now i was sure Sammy was from the good school and i am sure he is.

Lets put it down to him talking out loud when he should have known better.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion