Player ratings vs. chelsea - Frustrating night for all

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby el_stinger » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:28 pm

Here we go:

Reina 4
Lost the plot at the end. Had nothing to do with confidence or ability, it was pure frustration. Had absolutely nothing to do for the first 30 minutes, lost shape for the next 15. Lucky for him the break came, and all regrouped. Unfortunately, we will miss his presence in goal for the next 3 games for a stupid act.

Finnan 5
Solid, as always. Not commanding performances although, which we need for an overlapping fullback, especially since we have no right winger which has cost us this season. Whips the ball in too deep sometimes, but does put pressure on the defence. Worked well despite leaving Gallas unmarked in the box to strike the first goal of the match.

Carra 6
Had way too much to do. Covering Hyypia whilst the latter was covering Warnock. Carried a few players tonight. Had a stinging strike in the second half, that was gaoin on target until deflected to a corner. Could have headed the ball in the first corner of the match, but couldn't get his head onto it. Workhorse, without him, we would have been further down the ladder this season.

Hyypia 6
Nervous start, but then had to carry Warnock through his bad spell. Unfortunately, not enough he could do to stop Crespo, Warnock played him onside.

Warnock 3
Poor kid, the reality is he needs more games against lesser quality sides. Riise should have been left back, and Warnock should have started on the bench. Fumbled, stumbled, skewed passes, drifted behind the lines, unfortunately, not good enough tonight. Was the weakest link in our chain, and was exploited.

Sissoko 7
For the most part, I liked Sissoko. His runs, passes, tackles were fantastic, but after the first goal, he lost his way when we needed him the most. Couldn't stop the runs through the middle, carried Alonso tonight.

Alonso 6
I said it before, after the late challenge by Lampard, Alonso was not right, and if I'm not mistaken, he limped off the ground at the end. If he was injured, then I can understand the performance he gave. If he wasn't, then, Alonso was very poor tonight. Passes skewed, no hard tackles, shooting was erratic, not the Alonso we know. Lets hope its a one off, and he's not injured.

Gerrard 8
Man of the Match (LFC side). Even at the end, he was running for everything. Couldn't carry all the players in a match like this, usually it would have worked, but his skill, passes and creativity was superb tonight. Standout in red.

Riise 3
Not even on the pitch tonight. Didn't see him, very unusual. Poor effort.

Kewell 6
Not enough tonight. Had some dash and pazzaz, but was not effective. The link up with Riise was ineffective, and thats partly because Riise went missing all match. That being said, he performed good.

Crouch 4
Excellent potential in the air. Needs to go back to the drawing board with his heading, because it NEEDS WORK! Certainly, with the side playing long balls to him non-stop makes it harder for him to turn and shoot. Lay offs weren't that impressive tonight, and I blame the pitch not the player.

Subs:

Dudek 4
Made a critical save at the end. Need him to step it up, and try and claim his spot back now. He's got 3 games.

Cisse 3
Showed little spark when he came on, right wing, not his position. Don't do a Houllier Rafa. Don't play this lad, his confidence is shot. Especially with Fowler back, he is looking to go back home, we don't need his services. Don't bench him.

Garcia 3
Didn't see him, didn't hear him. Not enough from the sub. Too late for that change. Should have taken Crouch off for Garcia.

Rafa 5
Gambled with Warnock, long balls to Crouch, and a 5 man midfield. Not much he can do but keep the boys heads up, cos he outsmarted Jose for much of the first half, and if the players stepped up a level, we could have been singing at the end.

Team effort 5/10

Not good enough, certainly not with 10 men against a rampant Chelsea side. All up i've lost 60 bucks and a good nights sleep. Back to the drawing board. NO LONG BALLS!!
Last edited by el_stinger on Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:12 pm

We were clearly watching different games and you are living in a make believe world.
115-1073096938

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:16 pm

I thought all our players done Ok!!

Our biggest problems are zonal marking on set pieces and the lack of a clinical goalscorer!
Hopefully Robbie can fill this void!

BTW the ratings above are Bullsh.it!!
66-1120597113

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:19 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:I thought all our players done Ok!!

Our biggest problems are zonal marking on set pieces and the lack of a clinical goalscorer!

Are you certain about that? This is the same system that had us conceded 0 goals in what 10 or 11 games. It's more down to lack of concentration from the players rather than the system itself.

The ratings are bullocks.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:27 pm

A.B. wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:I thought all our players done Ok!!

Are you certain about that? This is the same system that had us conceded 0 goals in what 10 or 11 games. It's more down to lack of concentration from the players rather than the system itself.

The ratings are bullocks.

As dickless says, theres nothing wrong with zonal marking its just the players lacked concentration and ALL went for the same ball.

Some people pay to much attention to Andy "expert manager" Gray says.

As for the ratings above what a clown.

Was i the only though who though Lamplard was Chelsea's worst player AGAIN by a country mile?
115-1073096938

Postby Salvi Torres » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:28 pm

el stinger - are u for real ..warnock wasnt that bad
ratings dont remotely reflect that match .mine were

reina 6
finnan 6
warnock 6
hyppia 7
carra 7
gerrard 8
alonso 6
sissoko 7
crouch 6
garcia5
cisse 3
kewell 6
riise 6

attacking lacked edge but no performance was :censored: bar ineffective subs
Salvi Torres

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:30 pm

As dickless says

You would know now wouldn't you?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:31 pm

Reina - 6
Finnan - 7
Carragher - 7
Hyypia - 8
Warnock - 6
Gerrard - 6
Riise - 6
Alonso - 6
Sissoko - 7
Kewell - 7
Crouch - 5

Dudek - 5
Luis Garcia 5

Cech - 6
Gallas - 6
Carvalho - 6
Terry - 8
Del Horno - 6
Makelele - 7
Essien - 6
Lampard - 4
Robben - 8
Cole - 5
Crespo - 6
Last edited by 115-1073096938 on Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
115-1073096938

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:32 pm

A.B. wrote:
As dickless says

Mr i've got to get the last word on everything because i'm 15. Grow up you little nonse.
115-1073096938

Postby Salvi Torres » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:33 pm

we just didnt have more 8 outta of ten  players today.....
ya we dont have strikers but lets be positive --- we are 3rd ( 2games in hand)  yet all season we have had no strikers, fair juice to the team....we ll be even stronger next year............ all this losing to the big teams is called character building....
YNWA
Salvi Torres

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:35 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
A.B. wrote:
As dickless says

Mr i've got to get the last word on everything because i'm 15. Grow up you little nonse.

When you grow a pair of balls and stop acting like a three year old, then you'll have the right to critisize somebody else. Until that day, stick to your day job.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:37 pm

A.B. wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
A.B. wrote:
As dickless says

When you grow a pair of balls and stop acting like a three year old, then you'll have the right to critisize somebody else. Until that day, stick to your day job.

FIFTEEN!

:eyebrow
115-1073096938

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:38 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
A.B. wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
A.B. wrote:
As dickless says

FIFTEEN!

Right come on you two biatchs!!

Less of the handbags!! :D
66-1120597113

Postby Paul C » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:39 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
A.B. wrote:
As dickless says

Lads, just quit the b!tchin, use PM's if you want to do that  :;):

Regards the scores I don't really agree, all the lads did well and I wouldn't have given Gerrard an 8  :oh:

Once again we dominate possesion but don't score goals against the 'Big Guns'  :(

I can see a big shake up in the strikers in the summer.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:42 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
A.B. wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
A.B. wrote:
As dickless says

FIFTEEN!

15, the amount of times you've been on your period this month. Then yes, 15 would be correct.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion