Vs chelsea - Player ratings

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:27 pm

Player ratings:

Dudek 7  – Quiet night to be honest

Finnan 7/8  - Didn’t put a foot wrong

Traore 7 – Was a real mix of a performance, sometimes his positioning was poor, and players were getting the better of him. But came in with some great recovery tackles, and had a very good second half.

CARRAGHER 9 – Awesome, man of the match without doubt, had to save our @rses a few times.

Hyypia 7 – I thought he suffered in the first half, and was losing his position a lot. But in the second half he was impeccable.

Alonso 7 – quiet good, did his job well, won the ball and kept it.

Biscan 8 – Another impressive performance, kept the ball well, as well as doing a lot of hard work.

Riise 7 – Did O.K, protected Traore well enough, he had the better of the awful Glen Johnson, though he could have exploited it more, but he gave the ball away easily at times.

Garcia 6 – Was disciplined enough, but gave the ball away far too easily.

Gerrard 6 – Another poor performance, gave the ball away with alarming regularity. Did O.K defensively.

Baros 6 – Failed to do what he needed to, lost the ball a few too many times, and couldn’t make it stick when it came too him, fabulous header though.
Last edited by Cool Hand Luke on Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:28 pm

wouldn't stray too far from that, although I think Hyypia wasn't as below par as you suggest
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:30 pm

Woollyback wrote:wouldn't stray too far from that, although I think Hyypia wasn't as below par as you suggest

I just think he was a bit rattled in the first half an hour, but was good after that.
Last edited by Cool Hand Luke on Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:32 pm

dunno about rattled, he just got dragged out wide a couple of times which has never exactly been his forte

apart from that he looked calm, composed & positive
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:33 pm

Dudek - 6

Finnan - 8
Carragher - 8
Hyypia - 7.5
Traore - 7

Biscan - 7.7
Gerrard - 7.5
Alonso - 7.7
Garcia - 7
Riise - 7

Baros - 6

Alonso's passing wasn't as it usually is, which could be said for the whole midfield. Ball was given away too cheapily at certain moments which could had bitten us in the ******, thankfully it didn't. But apart from that the medfield for the most part was solid, not at it's best but good non the less.
Last edited by A.B. on Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby banana » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:35 pm

Dudek 7

Finnan 7 Good performance
Hyypia 7 Made two big mistakes, but since they did not score i won't deduct any points
Carra 8 Class act
Traore 8 A couple of brilliant tackles

Garcia 7/6 Good first half, disappeared in the second
Alonso 8 Intelligent player. Always in the right spot
Biscan 7 Good game, maybe enough to secure him a new contract?
Gerrard 6/5 A big disappontment, gave the ball away all the time
Riise 7 Productive first half, should have had a goal

Baros 7 Hard work and a superb header saved by an amazing goalie
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:36 pm

A.B. wrote:Dudek - 6

Finnan - 8
Carragher - 8
Hyypia - 7.5
Traore - 7

Biscan - 7.5
Gerrard - 7.5
Alonso - 7.5
Garcia - 7.5

Baros - 6

Alonso's passing wasn't as it usually is, which could be said for the whole midfield. Ball was given away too cheapily at certain moments which could had bitten us in the ******, thankfully it didn't. But apart from that the medfield for the most part was solid, not at it's best but good non the less.

I can't agree with you in giving Gerrad and Garcia the same as Alonso and Biscan. Garcia and Gerrard gave the ball away far to much, where as Alonso and Biscan kept it well.
Last edited by Cool Hand Luke on Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:38 pm

I forgot to give Riise a rating.

I don't see how you [Banana] can give Traore a higher rating than Hyypia, if there is a weak link on our squad it has to be Traore. Finnan was much better than him, but then again it is your opinion.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:42 pm

A.B. wrote:I forgot to give Riise a rating.

I don't see how you [Banana] can give Traore a higher rating than Hyypia, if there is a weak link on our squad it has to be Traore. Finnan was much better than him, but then again it is your opinion.

Totally agree.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby romliv » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:45 pm

I think that GERRARD had played well if we see the forward and short passes he had done!
when we don't have what we love, we must love what we have!
romliv

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:45 pm

romliv wrote:I think that GERRARD had played well if we see the forward and short passes he had done!

LOL :D

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:49 pm

Think you're being too generous with the ratings there myself.

7 - Jerzy Dudek - Jerzy did everything asked of him, had a bit of a hairy moment when he slipped a bit but apart from that solid

5 Djimi Traore - scares me too everytime play goes near him and I was one happy camper when i seen Robben going to the left wing up against Stevie Finnan

6 - Sami Hyypia - Sami was poor... got caught for pace a lot and is becoming a liability, improved second half though.

9 Jamie Carragher - Carra... superb as always, by far and away our best player tonight and all season.

7 - Stevie Finnan - had a good game, was solid and rarely looked stretched.

7- JA Riise - had another solid game, he does a job there at left mid, no more but he filled it well and was a good outlet.

7 - Igor Biscan -Igor had an effective game, broke the play up and kept possesion, may have earned himself a new contract with the way he's played this season.

6.5/7 -Xabi Alonso -Xabi was average by his standards I thought. He made a few good tackles harsh booking but gave the ball away way more than usual. Still a massive lose for the return.

6 Stevie Gerrard - Stevie, I don't know, his head might be elsewhere, he just doesn't seem to be trying as hard, another below par perfomance tonight.

5 -Luis Garcia was not at his best. Too soft in the tackle and gave the ball away constantly. Unless he improves he'll be no more than a squad player for the future.

6 - Milan Baros - Milan never really had much service tonight but still has an annoying lack of awarness of what's going on around him.

7- Djibril Cissé -Djibril did alright when he came on, he's getting sharper with every game and hopefully we'll see the best of him next season
Last edited by simic_ie on Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:57 pm

I thought Traore played very well tonight. He's not my favourite player but i do feel he sometimes get stick he doesn't deserve.

If you want a laugh - Check the teletext players ratings, absolutely unbelievable and clearly written by a manc or one of mourinhos' lovers. Every Chelsea player scored a 7 or above. Only Carra (8) Biscan (7) and Riise (7) manged anything above a 6 for us.

A good performace tonight. Nervy in places and i felt we got too deep at times which made it difficult to keep hold of the ball whenever we won posession. There was an 8-10 minute period in the first half when we started to boss it but unfortunately it didn't last.

Was absolutely mortified when Xabi got booked - It felt like we had let in a goal at the time. I know he didn't have his best game tonight with several stray passes but for me he is our most influential player.

Cisse looked lively when he came on and i just wonder if Rafa might start the lad on Wednesday. I'd like to see it. Only Gallas comes anywhere near to matching his pace in the Chelsea back line.

Man of the match for me was Carra by a country mile. I also thought Gallas was awesome for them. If Stevie ever does head south, i would only do the deal if Gallas comes the other way.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:14 pm

when lampard missed that sitter it was steve finnan who firstly went missing then got turned inside out by that wizard of wingplay gallas.
i`m not here to have a go at individual players because they all missed balls including carragher early on, but traore had a really good game tonight against especially cole who has given people the run around this season.
the defence as a unit played very well and people should stop sniping at individual players. they didnt concede a goal away at chelsea for ****** sake! barca let in three in the first twenty minutes and munich let in four!
give credit where its due.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:20 pm

What about Carra.

Freakin' Carra - jeez he just continues to surprise me. As our right back I thought he was average at best, but as a central defender he just gets better and better. Tonight he made a massive number of crucial tackles and defensive headers - he was immense. Never has a man of the match decision been so clear.

Brilliant lad.

0-0. We'd all have taken that with a smile on our face.

Im goin to bed :) :D :D
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion