Player ratings vs chelsea

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:48 am

My MOM is the ref :angry: . He will get a shot from me if i see him in person . ME almost break hamman's leg   :angry:
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:56 am

Not surprisingly Maureenio claims not to have seen the incident and that our bench were "crying all night"!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry:

You arrogant f*****g  t****r!!!!!!!!! :angry:

He may have called Wenger a voyeur but when it comes to Liverpool FC he's really got a major,major problem...???

Let's hope someone knocks them out just to see the look on his smug face! :D
Gracias King Rafa

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:09 am

I cant really be bothered making individual ratings but just want to add, i think the team defended brilliantly from the forwards to the back four.

Thats not to say i think we were outplayed by any means.
Rafa got it tactically spot on again in the champions league.
Finnan kept Duff quiet and Traore although he makes stupid mistakes kept Robben pretty quiet as well.

Pongolle impressed me (as he always does) when he came on....i hope the lad gets more of a look in, he works hard for the team and has pace and a great touch.

If Essien is not given a ban after that challenge then something is seriously wrong.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jari's mullet » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:56 pm

Sissoko played well and covered a lot of ground, broke things down, which takes some pressure off the back four, but his distribution wasn't the best and will hopefully improve with time.  The central partnership between carra and sami is the key.  I don't think there are many better partnerships in the premiership at the moment that hold the line as well as them.
Jari's mullet

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:00 pm

Goes to show that I was proven wrong In wanting to put on the kids such as Barragan, pongolle (from start) and roque. perhaps it was good to play a more-or-less full strength team to keep the momentum going.

well-in redmen!
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:12 pm

My own feeling of the game:

1. Pepe Reina: Solid all game, getting better the whole time. Had not much to do, but when he had to do something, he did it well. He's quick off his line and decisive. Was a small bit lucky with Lampard's shot in the first half: the ball took such a bizaare deflection of Reina's body it could have gone anywhere.

2. Steve Finnan: good solid display. Marshalled both Duff and Robben well. Was conservative in his forward runs, but the guy has more ability than people credit for when he gets forward. I cannot believe people still knock him.

3. Djimi Traore: the poorest player in Liverpool's first team squad who has a chance of regularly starting, Traore was middling last night. Got forward quite well in the early stages, defended reasonably well later on, although was helped by Riise and the fact that neither Robben nor Duff had enough guile on the night to really take him on. Comical attempt at a clearance when not under pressure only serve to make Traore look like a worse player than he actually is.

4. Carra and Sammi: Both of them were superb, both on the ground and in the air. That said, Chelsea were a bit clueless in the final third, and Sammi had a lot of easy clearances (cannot fault Sammi for that, easy clearances won't clear themselves). Sammi was also guilty of wasting a lot of long ball forwards.

5. Didi Hamman: quitely superb. In the right circumstances, this guy would have sorted out Real Madrid's problems. Limited going forward, but what a tactical impact he has on games.

6. Momo Sissoko: the guy is as raw as a cold Siberian morning, but the potential is there. Has a huge physical presence and power already, which will only grow with time. He needs to polish his touch, and learn not to try and force the play too much. Is still guilty of needless fouls, but he'll learn.

7. Stevie Gerrard: Not his best game, but still effective. Tried to take the game to Chelsea, and at times he succeeded. His mobility in comparison to Fat Frank is like light and day.

8. John Arne Riise: should have buried his chance, and was quiet in the final third. Excellent defensive and tactical display though.

9. Peter Crouch: did very well at the start but took a lot of stick from the home crowd which seemed to bother him and he got more and more isolated as the game went on.

10. Luis Garcia: looked lively early on, but withdrew more into midfield as the game wore on. Looked tired.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:43 pm

reina 7
finnan6
hyypia8
carragher 7
traore 5

garcia 6
gerrard 7
sissoko 6
hamman 7
risse 6

crouch 6

overall 7/10
overall
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:06 pm

JBG wrote:My own feeling of the game:

1. Pepe Reina: Solid all game, getting better the whole time. Had not much to do, but when he had to do something, he did it well. He's quick off his line and decisive. Was a small bit lucky with Lampard's shot in the first half: the ball took such a bizaare deflection of Reina's body it could have gone anywhere.

2. Steve Finnan: good solid display. Marshalled both Duff and Robben well. Was conservative in his forward runs, but the guy has more ability than people credit for when he gets forward. I cannot believe people still knock him.

3. Djimi Traore: the poorest player in Liverpool's first team squad who has a chance of regularly starting, Traore was middling last night. Got forward quite well in the early stages, defended reasonably well later on, although was helped by Riise and the fact that neither Robben nor Duff had enough guile on the night to really take him on. Comical attempt at a clearance when not under pressure only serve to make Traore look like a worse player than he actually is.

4. Carra and Sammi: Both of them were superb, both on the ground and in the air. That said, Chelsea were a bit clueless in the final third, and Sammi had a lot of easy clearances (cannot fault Sammi for that, easy clearances won't clear themselves). Sammi was also guilty of wasting a lot of long ball forwards.

5. Didi Hamman: quitely superb. In the right circumstances, this guy would have sorted out Real Madrid's problems. Limited going forward, but what a tactical impact he has on games.

6. Momo Sissoko: the guy is as raw as a cold Siberian morning, but the potential is there. Has a huge physical presence and power already, which will only grow with time. He needs to polish his touch, and learn not to try and force the play too much. Is still guilty of needless fouls, but he'll learn.

7. Stevie Gerrard: Not his best game, but still effective. Tried to take the game to Chelsea, and at times he succeeded. His mobility in comparison to Fat Frank is like light and day.

8. John Arne Riise: should have buried his chance, and was quiet in the final third. Excellent defensive and tactical display though.

9. Peter Crouch: did very well at the start but took a lot of stick from the home crowd which seemed to bother him and he got more and more isolated as the game went on.

10. Luis Garcia: looked lively early on, but withdrew more into midfield as the game wore on. Looked tired.

agree with most of that, though i think Garcia was a bit cheap with possesion, well the whole team when  we ventured forward is general. Excellent defensive display, especially from the centre backs, and chelsea again looked like they have no clue how to score against us.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion