Peter crouch - Crouch deal agreed for seven million

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby looprevil » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:53 am

I think he'll be a good player for us.  Also adding another england international even if he is still not a lock for the England team, is never a bad thing.
looprevil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:54 am

its' Morientes! :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:01 am

The_Rock wrote:
Rowens2 wrote: How often in the past have we been crying out for someone whose good in the air to win a few flicks and be able to nod a few in at the far post. 

wasn't this the reason why we bought morientas ???

hope crouch turns out to be more successful than morientas.

Yeah i was wondering that i thought Mor.......wait a sec the spellchecker is about   :D
I thought one of the bonuses of the Nando signing was his aerial abilities
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:03 am

wasn't this the reason why we bought morientas ???

hope crouch turns out to be more successful than morientas.

No it wasn't. Crouch is a unique player, for a player with such height he has a good first touch. He's the type of player who can play against the likes of Bolton,Blackburn,etc...

I've seen him play for Soton and all defenders have problems marking him, it's almost impossible because of his height. We need that uniqueness when we play away. Our away form last season was horrible and Benitez believes he can change that with Crouch.

We lost too many games we should had won and we lost too many games we could had drawn.

We lost eleven games away from home last season and so we needed to change things. Crouch will give us more possibilities.
- Rafa

This proves my point, this is why we've bought Crouch.

I know his price is ridicilious but Benitez wanted him badly and like Mourinho, Benitez thinks about the possibilities every player brings. Crouch gives us something we don't have.

He's tall and skinny but he's scored 12 goals in the Premiership. We need that. Under Benitez he could be better than he was under Redknapp at Southampton.

Benitez now knows his team inside out, he knows what's best for the team, thats why he's the manager.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Red Rafa Revolution » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:07 am

for better or worse crounch is a red now. let's give him our support. Welcome to Anfield Crounch.
Bill Shankly after beating Everton in the '71 cup semi : "Sickness would not have kept me away from this one. If I'd been dead, I would have had them bring the casket to the ground, prop it up in the stands and cut a hole in the lid."
Red Rafa Revolution

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:16 am

who's Crounch? :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:19 am

Crunch, the chocolate bar :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby desperado0831 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:26 am

Baros set to leave after all.....Oh,my pity baros...

I really can't understand why Rafa prefer others than Baros up front. Actually he's a good striker with lots of pace and he can stir the opponet's denfence with his mentality advantages. Maybe baros not that kind of striker which rafa eyeing.

Anyway, crouch will be a reds after 48 hours. Hope he can pass the medical test and complete his switch from southampton. One thing for sure,he can be our hero. :)

God Bless Baros.  -sad-
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby A.B. » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:30 am

I really can't understand why Rafa prefer others than Baros up front. Actually he's a good striker with lots of pace and he can stir the opponet's denfence with his mentality advantages. Maybe baros not that kind of striker which rafa eyeing.

He can do everything but score. Whilst he's impressive for the Czech Republic he can't bring the same form to this club and it seems that he doesn't have the right "mentality"
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:42 am

Baros just doesn't fit into Rafa's plans I think. He is a good goalscorer yes but has failed to be cosnistent here, and Rafa is obviosuly buildng a side hwich plays quick, flowing football. For this you need strikers whp are good at being bale to hold the ball up and have good link up play, these are tow of the weaknesses in Baros' game IMO, and Morientes is excellent in thsi area of his game. Crouch also has very good tocuh for a big lad.

If Baros' had scored 20 plus goal last seoans I wpuld probably advocate keeping him, as we have  lacked a real predatory striker (my feeling is Cisse wil score mountains this season).

It's a shame that Baro has been unable to produce his Czech Rep form for LFC, last seoans was hsi big vhance and he failed to take it and his attitude has been disappointing while at the club tbh. I am disappointed that Baros has not been abel to make the grade here, as he does have a lot of potential but their are obvious flaws in his game which need addessing, and obviously Rafa is planning without him, which is fair enough IMO.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:47 am

If Baros is going im bertinaly a little disappointed about it but he is player that causes me no end of frustration.
He breaks through defences with a regular ease there few in our squad seem to have muster but in so many occasions after do the hard work he eithers does lay off to a team mate in better scoring opportunity or produces a weak shooting effort
I would have really had liked to have seen him succeed because i felt he was hard done by in the Heskey /Owen routine era but i dont its meant to be somehow
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:49 am

LFC #1 wrote:Baros just doesn't fit into Rafa's plans I think. He is a good goalscorer yes but has failed to be cosnistent here, and Rafa is obviosuly buildng a side hwich plays quick, flowing football. For this you need strikers whp are good at being bale to hold the ball up and have good link up play, these are tow of the weaknesses in Baros' game IMO, and Morientes is excellent in thsi area of his game. Crouch also has very good tocuh for a big lad.

If Baros' had scored 20 plus goal last seoans I wpuld probably advocate keeping him, as we have  lacked a real predatory striker (my feeling is Cisse wil score mountains this season).

It's a shame that Baro has been unable to produce his Czech Rep form for LFC, last seoans was hsi big vhance and he failed to take it and his attitude has been disappointing while at the club tbh. I am disappointed that Baros has not been abel to make the grade here, as he does have a lot of potential but their are obvious flaws in his game which need addessing, and obviously Rafa is planning without him, which is fair enough IMO.

Finaly a good read.  :bowdown
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby desperado0831 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:55 am

I see the hope for this season if peter crouch comes. We have more attacking options. Cisse,Moro,Le Tallec,Sinama,CROUCH,Mellor.........oh...

:)
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:00 am

there must be something special in Crouch that Rafa wants him badly and settle for 7 million fee.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:01 am

Rafael Benitez has spoken of his excitement at the imminent arrival of Peter Crouch and explained how the England international will add a new dimension to Liverpool's game. 
Crouch will finalise his move from Southampton after undergoing a medical on Wednesday. He'll sign a four-year deal with the Reds and join up with his new team-mates at their Swiss training camp.

Benitez is a big admirer of the tall striker since watching him score against Liverpool at St Mary's in January and he's relishing the prospect of having him in his ranks for the new season.

"He is a player I like," says Benitez. "I hope to see the player tomorrow, or maybe in two days in Switzerland. He is another kind of player for us. He is good in the air, he can keep the ball and play the ball.

"When you think about playing away we had many problems to keep the ball and with Peter we have many options.

"We lost eleven games away from home last season and so we needed to change things. Crouch will give us more possibilities. He keeps the ball well, he can bring others into the game and we'll be able to go forward more. I know what
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion