OFFICIAL STEVEN GERRARD THREAD - Please post all here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:26 pm

If he thinks in the likes of Fernando Morientes, Xavi Alonso and Djibrill Cisse we can challenge for major honours, after winning big ears then he is not 100% whole heartedly there.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:26 pm

LINK TO THE ECHO WEBSITE

STEVEN GERRARD WANTS TO LEAVE

Let's get the best deal we can for him.

If you reading Stevie, and you need any help packing your bags or someone to close the door behind you, I'm your man. :angry:
jonnymac1979

Postby barnesrush » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:26 pm

He is also worried that by signing a deal reportedly worth £100,000 a week, he will swallow up most of Rafa Benitez's transfer kitty and the club won't be challenging for the Premiership.

surely this is just agents/media spin to attempt to ease the process of a possible exit. if he has said this, how much better than the club does he think he is? im surprised rafa is so keen to keep him sometimes. im beginning to think that a sale near 40 million would definately be for the greater good of the club due to funds and harmony, as a captain should not be eroding the winning mentality rafa is trying so hard to create. if he doesnt think rafa can build a good enough team the rest of the players confidence will shatter. how does it look to new signings when their captain is saying he isnt sure about the calibre of player we are able to sign???
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:31 pm

From the Echo site...

"STEVEN Gerrard this afternoon delivered the news every Reds fan was dreading - he wants to leave the club.

It came only hours after Liverpool rejected a £32m bid from Chelsea, countering it with a proposal to Gerrard understood to be offering him £100,000 a week to stay.

The devastating blow came in a message to Anfield chief executive Rick Parry, delivered via Gerrard's agent Struan Marshall from SFX.

It marks a massive U-turn by the Reds' Huyton-born skipper, who insisted after the heroic European Cup Final win in Turkey that he wanted to remain at Anfield."

He couldn't even tell Parry himself. Jesus. :(
ivor_the_injun

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:35 pm

OFFICIAL BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!

Steven Gerrard has just put in a transfer request and told Liverpool FC that he wishes to leave the club. This is not joke not made up. I heard it 5 seconds ago on Sky Sport news.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:36 pm

i never did like the guy to be honest :p

its :censored:, transfer request. if hes at cheatski he wont ever get a cheer from me
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolFan00 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:38 pm

Well all i can say now is that i hope he has the decencey to go to RM not chelski.

This is leaving a bitter taste in my mouth
Some people think football is a matter of life or death but it's far more important than that. - Bill Shankley

A Well Balanced Soccer Player Has A Beer In Each Hand!
LiverpoolFan00
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:38 pm

It is sad news indeed but with every door closing a new one opens and im sure Rafa will replace him sonner than you think. In fact i wouldne be surprised if Rafa tells us who he wil sign this week.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:40 pm

Official club statement from lfc.tv...

Liverpool FC today issued the following press statement regarding Steven Gerrard.
"The club has made it crystal clear we want to keep Steven at Anfield. Sadly, he has told us this afternoon that he will not accept our offer of an improved and extended contract because he wants to leave Liverpool. We very much regret the decision he has taken."
ivor_the_injun

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:45 pm

Right, seeing as though he wants out...

Not a penny under £30m cash (nearer £40m for me) and none of this horse-trading with appearances, reserve team players etc.

LFC have the big-hitters on a leash now, so now is the time for Moores and Parry to show how hard they can be in the transfer market.

Under no circumstances are they allowed to f**k this one up.

Thanks for the good times Stevie. Now go quietly, quickly and far away. :D
ivor_the_injun

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:50 pm

Hopefully RM will come in. It looks like Chelsea are not going to renew their bid FOR THE MOMENT. I suspect RB is on the phone right now fixing a deal. I hope your happy and i hope your cold heart desires. We loved you and worshiped you. But like any fairytale romance it must end. I just hope your wishes are fulfilled. Now get the hell out of mersyside !!!!!!!!!!!

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:50 pm

I bet you a million dollars hes thinking off the world cup.

Cheers stevie, now fukkkk off.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:52 pm

i really thought for a minute that he would stay.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:52 pm

I'll get in early by wishing Jamie Carragher luck in being the new captain of LFC. :p
ivor_the_injun

Postby barnesrush » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:53 pm

now hes said he wants away does this leave us in a worse bargaining position because the other clubs know we pretty much have to get rid of him or suffer another season of increasing sulks before selling him for nothing next year?
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion